Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Chris and everyone:
<br>
<br>I am going to purchase either new Burris Safari (1.75-5X32) or a Vari-X III 1.75-6X32 for a hard kicking gun.
<br>
<br>Problem is I can't decide which one. Realizing the Burris is brand new and nobody other than dealers have seen them, I was hoping the kind folks at SWFA might chime in with some thoughts on the matter.
<br>
<br>Thanks !!!
<br>
<br>BB

GB1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
The new Safari Burris has some really nice features, like :
<br>
<br>1. The eyepiece and power ring are combined into a single sturdy unit that makes changing magnifications faster.
<br>2. Post and Crosshair reticle is the fastest and most instinctive reticle pattern out there.
<br>3. Extra long eye relief.
<br>
<br>I've played with one but have yet to mount one and take it out. I am going to put one on a Marlin Guide Gun 45/70 for my new "Hog Patrol" gun. Should be fun. I too contemplated between the same two that you are and chose the Burris mainly because its new and exciting. There is not a lot of optical or durability difference between a VariX-III and a Signature. Burris' service department is worse than bad, so you would suffer a little if you ever had to send it back, but I can't imagine that happening.
<br>
<br>Both scopes are top notch and very similar. If you weigh all the negatives and positives of each the Burris comes out on top. On the other hand you know you can't go wrong with a Leupold and the 1.75-6 has been around long enough that we know it has no problems.
<br>
<br>Basically you won't go wrong with either and you know that, be different and try the new Burris. After you have used it for a while, come back and tell us what you think.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Chris,
<br>
<br>Thanks for the straight scoop!!!!
<br>
<br>You have put me overthe edge for the Burris. I was falling that way already, for the exact reasons you mention.
<br>
<br>I will be giving your outfit a call soon to place the order.
<br>
<br>regards,
<br>
<br>Bob

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bart,
<br>
<br>I hate to be a naysayer, but you do need to know this. Many of us here have had problems with Burris scopes--myself included. While a bad one of any brand of scope will ocasionally get through, there seems to be a lot of bad Burris scopes. I have come to prefer Leupold. My 416 Rem has a 2x7 Vari x II with 400 rounds from two rifles generating over 50 ft lbs of recoil. It has longe eye-relief--as do most all Leupolds--and it will allow me to shoot consistent .7" groups--many have been under a 1/2." Something to think about.
<br>
<br>Blaine

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,154
Posts18,484,287
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.