Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I made the following post on a different thread.

"Fallin is a Republican and Conservative. One thing that has plagued the Republican party for a long time is that they are for the rich man and big business while the Democtatic Party is for the little guy."

I made a huge fumble writing this as I was not clear. I ws referring to the belief that many people have, not the actual reality of this.

I do not believe that Republcans are for the rich while Democrats are for the poor. In fact, I believe that while Democrats act as if they support the poor, in reality they are keeping them in bondage for their own benefit. On the flip side of this, I believe that Republicans support the private sector and as it grows poor people benefit greatly (if they will take the time to work for it of course).

Democrats perpetuate poverty, while Republicans create situations where poor people have the oppurtunity to lift themselves up and make something of themselves, something they will never hae under Democrat policies.

However, the Democrats have done a good job with many in our country creating the belief that Republicans are for the Rich and Democrats are for the poor. I'm not saying this is factual, just part of the PR battle that Democrats have been successful with. I also believe that Republicans need to do a better job educating folks about how this is true.

Anyway, I wanted to clarify my earlier post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason the Dems have been successful perpetuating this lie is the main stream media has been pushing their lies for decades.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
No doubt the media is complicit, but I think it goes deeper. When you provide someone with free housing, utilities, food, and a little money it's no wonder they will think the party that is "giving" them all this is for the little man. Unfortunately, they never realize what they could really have if they would lift themselves up by their bootstraps and take advantage of what the Republicans help create, often by simply getting out of the way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And included in the definition of MSM is education system and tv/movie industry.

Brainwashing runs deeper in America today, and starts earlier in life, than anywhere and anywhen in the history of the earth.

Sick mofo's, bent on destruction, working overtime for decades.

Evil absolute.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Growing up in Oklahoma, I have always been amazed at how conservative most of our farmers are, yet how many of these 'conservative" farmers vote democratic. When asked they always say Democrats are for the working man......

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Both parties are owned by the banks and beholden to them for campaign funds, favors and sinecured positions after leaving office. The story that the "R" team is for business and the "D" team is for labor is a false construct perpetrated by both sides.

Look and see how many Congressional and Executive staff are, or have worked, for the banks before and after their "public service". Also look into who has sponsored and voted for such things as Gramm-Leach-Bliley, the Bankruptcy "Reform" Act of 2005, TARP etc. You will find both "sides" fingerprints on all of it.

Neither party is looking out for anyone but themselves, and how they may retain power and privilege at the expense of the public.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As of 2 years ago (last time I looked it up) Of the 12 wealthiest US senators, 10 of the were (D)emocrats.

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Neither party is looking out for anyone but themselves, and how they may retain power and privilege at the expense of the public.

Agreed. The only difference between the parties is what they say to get elected.

Left or right doesn't concern me as much as authoritarian vs libritarian does.
An authoritatian republican is every bit as dangerous as an authoritarian democrate.

Last edited by chucknbach; 06/25/12.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Not exactly. More republicans on the SC increases chances of conservatives on the SC which reduces the chances of gun control, obamacare, and Arizona rulings being pro alien.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pushing the lie that the Dem's or for the Poor and Rep's are for the Rich is just buying votes from the stupid people who spend their whole life living off of the Government Tit. Class Warfare defines the Democrat Party because they have nothing else to offer . The Dem party whole existence depends on how many people they can keep on Welfare, Government Programs and how many Illegals they can let stay in this country.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want to be rich, not poor - so it is the Republicans for me.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
[bleep] the whole lot of 'em. Endeavor to persevere, as they all want to gut you. Some slower, while they smile, some faster, while they scowl.

Look at John Roberts' SCOTUS vote on the AZ immigration case. Good conservative pick, right there. JFC, what a GD azzhole... Go Romney! Butt be sure to wipe afterwards..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but i still pay plenty of taxes that go to the low life non workers and it PISSES me off. I will vote against Obama no matter who the opposition is. Can't possible waste as much money as he has. ED K

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.