Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6629633 06/26/12
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Kutenay,

A little bird let me know that you had managed to finally post a few pictures.

This board is a better place for you having done so as they obviously span a fair number of years and help to clear up a few of the doubts I and others had of your background, experience, gear collection and such. Thank you.

The retro pics are cool, but I must say that my favorite is the first picture of you in one of your recent posts proudly displaying your little bird.

Nice touch ol' boy. Most apropos. wink

With that, I am sorry if I caused you any grief for publicly doubting you and calling you out for want of some pictorial evidence after all these years. Please accept my humble apology.

Now that you�ve got the hang of it, we're all looking forward to you sharing more of your backpack hunting adventures afield with modern gear and gun.

Now...off for a bit of crow.

Regards,

Allen

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well done apology! It was good of you to do that.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Well done Allen
Great pics Kutenay
Tim

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oh, I don't know, somehow I was expecting Kute to be more "dashing" and less prone to flipping birds....

JK, Kute, great photos. And good on you, Allen, and good on you Kute for posting the pics, I'd like to see more retro's too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
See... I knew we could all be friends here. Mighty big of ya bush.

Last edited by Diyelker; 06/27/12.

What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There were those who expressed doubts that this was coming. I had no doubts myself.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Well done Bushcraft

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bushcraft, no apology is needed and I have no animosity to you or any of the many members of several sites whom you have posted consider me to be whatever. I am too old, have seen enough of life and am too happy in my own life to hold grudges or engage in strife that never benefits anyone.

God Bless You, Peace be with you and many more years of enjoying our sport/art/obsession.

As to the photo of me the day we set up Bell Lookout in 1972, one of the two most isolated and considered the "toughest" of the 165 L/Os the BCFS had then, well, it was out of Stewart, BC and that is a half-hour walk from "The Glacier Inn" at Hyder, AK....we were all young, far from home and well, need I say more......

It was a tough summer, I was fogged in tight to the windows in the pre-fab shack, 13.5x13.5 ft. for 31 consecutive days and nights, one of the other coastal L/O men went insane because of the weather and the grinding "lonesome" and it was probably the best summer of my 66 years. I loved that fabulous country and was last there in 2006 and hope to return next year to just camp there alone and hike those ridges, again.

This is just above the south tip of Bowser Lake and "Bell1" and past the Bear Glacier, only the West Kootenays is more beautiful, to me and I wish it would remain wild forever. There is not much game there,except a LOT of BIG Grizzlies and I will post a true story about them later.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What a great forum! You guys are a real class act and I appreciate your contributions. Information and "entertainment" like no other forum. Thanks!!

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kute's the real deal and an asset here.

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Way to go. Thumbs up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kutenay
Bushcraft, no apology is needed and I have no animosity to you or any of the many members of several sites whom you have posted consider me to be whatever. I am too old, have seen enough of life and am too happy in my own life to hold grudges or engage in strife that never benefits anyone.

God Bless You, Peace be with you and many more years of enjoying our sport/art/obsession.

As to the photo of me the day we set up Bell Lookout in 1972, one of the two most isolated and considered the "toughest" of the 165 L/Os the BCFS had then, well, it was out of Stewart, BC and that is a half-hour walk from "The Glacier Inn" at Hyder, AK....we were all young, far from home and well, need I say more......

It was a tough summer, I was fogged in tight to the windows in the pre-fab shack, 13.5x13.5 ft. for 31 consecutive days and nights, one of the other coastal L/O men went insane because of the weather and the grinding "lonesome" and it was probably the best summer of my 66 years. I loved that fabulous country and was last there in 2006 and hope to return next year to just camp there alone and hike those ridges, again.

This is just above the south tip of Bowser Lake and "Bell1" and past the Bear Glacier, only the West Kootenays is more beautiful, to me and I wish it would remain wild forever. There is not much game there,except a LOT of BIG Grizzlies and I will post a true story about them later.

Just a little cool water to temper the bath... Having just had as many brown bear encounters within the last two months as someone with 66 years in the Bush has claimed... the concept there are "a LOT of BIG Grizzlies" there seems a bit funny. I can name many on the fire here with more ANNUAL big bear encounters than some claim for a lifetime (credit given for not overly exaggeating the exaggeration) and many with individual weeks of more than 200 big bears... It is just funny... Excuse me while I slip off and take a few deep breaths before laughing some more.

And remember... Shoot charging brown bears "under the chin!"

art laughing

remember, Keep your stick on the ice, we're all pulling for you!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
art laughing

Pure class right there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
art laughing

Pure class right there.

Sans context of earlier discussions your confusion is understandable... ie... Having survived multiple for real bear charges over a long period of time the advice to "Shoot them under the chin" is/was about the funniest thing I have ever read...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kute is a good guy and it's nice to have him back.

Sitka Deer.... not so much.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
art laughing

Pure class right there.

Sans context of earlier discussions your confusion is understandable... ie... Having survived multiple for real bear charges over a long period of time the advice to "Shoot them under the chin" is/was about the funniest thing I have ever read...

No, your confusion is understandable. You've obviously got me confused with someone who gives a sh** about your context.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
art laughing

Pure class right there.

Nevermind...

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
art laughing

Pure class right there.

No, your confusion is understandable. You've obviously got me confused with someone who gives a sh** about your context.

Ah, that woud be why you commented to me... Twice? With the first response after an open post to a community of thousands? You felt singled out?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Last edited by Jeff_O; 06/30/12.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,523,002
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.