Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by twister999
Sir, what is "pathetic" is your assumption that you know to whom you are tapping out your insults with no means to prove it. I suppose, were we ever to meet, you would be enough of a gentleman to confess your error.

As for "buying it", I have only made a few simple requests that nobody seems to wish to answer. I suppose this gentleman you have such an erection over can answer the questions when I talk with him, but I just want to go into the conversation with some starting points.

I can only suppose my simple questions cannot be answered as there are no facts to back them up. On the many other websites I chat on, if a member has cheated another member or treated him like a churl, there is a clear trail of posts that may be verified. I suppose links to those topics and posts could be provided if you wished to. Attacking me serves neither your group nor I as I don't have a hound under the tree.

Thus far, all I have seen is the animosity shift over from Mr. Root to me. I have yet to see anything that may be substantiated as to what actions he has taken to so enrage you and cause such uncivil conversation.

Time to turn up the A/C and hit the hay. Good evening.
You're a turd, Larry, and we're plungers forcing your ass down the [bleep].

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently Larry wishes to continue playing his absurd games and pretend (as per usual) that he's someone else....

Tell you what "twister999", your questions and demands for verification would be best served by directing them to the Owner of 24HourCampfire, Mr. Rick Bin.

Shoot him a PM (RickBin) or an e-mail (rickbin24hourcampfire.com) and if he's so inclined I'm positive he'll ensure you're squared away.

Of course everyone knows you'll refrain from approaching Rick. Instead, you'll see just how long you can continue this farce of pretending you're someone else.

No matter what you wish to call yourself (Duane, Roger, Karen, Brandy, etc.) you're still the same pathetic shell of man with a diseased and rotting brain fueled by paranoid delusions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was there not one, who offered to spank him?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Why do you find it necessary to continually circumvent Rick's wishes for you to be gone from his website by adding numerous screen names for the sole intent and purpose to TROLL a site where you are neither wanted nor offer ANYTHING of real use and value to the membership, and when confronted, LIE about it??"

I think the same could be said for quite a few of the participants in this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not one of the respondents to this thread, except for Larry, has ever been banned nor have they changed their usernames.

Are you saying you advocate or condone the practice of creating multiple usernames to circumvent the wishes of the owner of this site?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Not one of the respondents to this thread, except for Larry, has ever been banned nor have they changed their usernames."

And you know this how? Unless a person were connected to the software, or the owner allowed them access to the software, could anyone make that a true statement.

It just seems to me that a lot of people around here are talking as though they have a directive from the owner, or they are the owner in sheeps clothing. They claim to know everything there is to know. And they hold theirselves out to be so called "policemen" for the site.

Worse yet, they use no logic in their arguments that goes to truth. Its all opinion. There is never any hard evidence of anything, and most of the arguments are ad hominem.

And to answer your direct question, no I don't condone the practice of creating multiple usernames to circumvent the wishes of the owner of the site. But I do believe in fairness, and I do believe that all of the real evidence should be heard, and I don't think that any owner of any site could ever get all of the evidence they needed to make a rational decision about anyone who posts on their site. It is just too damn difficult to make a decision about anyone by judging the writings of a person on a site like this, or judging the opinions of everyone else about that person.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
22WRF,

Rick has made this a "self moderating" forum and chosen to maintain a hands off approach. As such, it causes the members to do the moderating and reveal the troublemakers.

Larry Root has proven himself, time and time again, to provide information that is incorrect, and could very well cause someone to get hurt.

He has lied about so many things, his credibility is nil.

He has been banned from this site numerous times by Rick, and keeps coming back under aliases, flaunting that very fact.

His writing style and use of certain terms very clearly identifies himself every time, so the "hard evidence" is there and is provided by Larry.

Given enough time, Larry will "out" himself with every new identity, and his only apparent reason for being here is to cause hate and discontent.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed

1. First of all, who is Larry Root? Has anyone here actually seen him. Do you know where he lives. I think that there really is a Larry Root, but from what I have seen I think that most people here have the wrong impression of who Larry Root really is.

2. "Self Moderating"!!!!!!!!!! That is exactly what I was addressing. If one person cannot get the truth on a forum, how can decisions be made from so called self moderators. From what you say, as a member I could then be a self moderator. And if I were one there would be a whole lot of people that I would prefer to kick off this site. But knowing better, knowing that I didn't have all of the facts, knowing that I suffer from the same human condition that everyone else does, I would know that it probably wouldn't be the right thing to do.

3. Is it so much trouble to just ignore someone if you don't like them. If you don't like this guy you think is Larry Root, then don't read his posts. Don't respond to his posts. Pretty soon with nobody to talk to he might go away!!!!!!! But if you keep putting gasoline on the fire its never going to go out!!!!

4. Once again, I think everyone will be surprised when the real Larry Root is finally brought to light. And I am betting it won't be Twister999. We'll see. In the meantime, I am going to continue to enjoy the wonderful Gift that Mr. Binn has given to me in this site.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3. Is it so much trouble to just ignore someone if you don't like them. If you don't like this guy you think is Larry Root, then don't read his posts. Don't respond to his posts. Pretty soon with nobody to talk to he might go away!!!!!!! But if you keep putting gasoline on the fire its never going to go out!!!!

as Ed said, he has provided dangerous info in the past that might get some newbie that doesnt know any better hurt.....near as we can figure the guy has a severe mental problem, ignoring him will not make him go away......he is in his 70's and gets off on [bleep] with people for entertainment......better off exposing the arsehole everytime he changes his name than some poor kid get hurt on our watch....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
what is this so called "dangerous information"?

Are you qualified as a mental health professional?

Have you all tried ignoring him?

How do you know he is in his 70's

"our watch"! Seems like there are only about 15 people who have a problem with the guy. Thats out of how many on this site?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seems you have made a career out of trying to defend what he does.....near on a full 1/4 of your posts in the recent past have been trying to get us to leave Larry alone on threads in several forums.....guess you have a crush on the guy.....

Last edited by rattler; 07/02/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
22WRF,

If you want to learn about Larry Root, please feel free to start at the beginning and read through his posts. Of course that only scratches the surface and to truly get to know Mr. Root you would have had to exchange PM's with him. Since you have not had that privilege, or I would assume you haven't based on your defense of the indefensible, your position is weak.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/25094

I guess my question to you is if you don't know all these things that have happened over the last few years, why does it concern you so much? IOW what is YOUR motive?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Ed

1. First of all, who is Larry Root? He is a retired city employee from NY who now has homes in Pinedale,WY and Key West,Fl Has anyone here actually seen him.He has posted pictures of himself in various places on the internet and they are consistent Do you know where he lives.See above I think that there really is a Larry Root, but from what I have seen I think that most people here have the wrong impression of who Larry Root really is. I respectfully disagree. I think folks here have a VERY clear picture of who and what he is, based on his behavior.

2. "Self Moderating"!!!!!!!!!! That is exactly what I was addressing. If one person cannot get the truth on a forum, how can decisions be made from so called self moderators. From what you say, as a member I could then be a self moderator. And if I were one there would be a whole lot of people that I would prefer to kick off this site. But knowing better, knowing that I didn't have all of the facts, knowing that I suffer from the same human condition that everyone else does, I would know that it probably wouldn't be the right thing to do. While not defending all of the tactics and language used by other members towards Larry Root, there are not many options for members (plural since a single person other than RickBin does not have the ability to drive someone away)except to "out" them for what they are and call them accountable for their behavior.

3. Is it so much trouble to just ignore someone if you don't like them. Nope. If you don't like this guy you think is Larry Root, then don't read his posts. Don't respond to his posts. I don't. I have him on ignore, which also eliminates the random, obnoxious rants that he has sent. Pretty soon with nobody to talk to he might go away!!!!!!! But he doesn't go away, because he has an obsession with creating hate and discontent. But if you keep putting gasoline on the fire its never going to go out!!!! No argument there!

4. Once again, I think everyone will be surprised when the real Larry Root is finally brought to light. And I am betting it won't be Twister999. We'll see. In the meantime, I am going to continue to enjoy the wonderful Gift that Mr. Binn has given to me in this site.You and I both.

Best Regards,

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed nailed it on every single point.

I know Larry and Larry knows me. He has posted the supposed names of my father, brothers, sister, wife and children on this site.

He knows my address and has gone so far as to look it up on Google Earth.

He has made innumerable and easily discredited lies here and elsewhere.

He has denied sending me threatening emails when I have the emails he sent directly in front of me.

He has falsely credited me with orchestrating some sort of attack on him and has called Rick Bin my lapdog and much worse.

He has lied by pretending to be two other people and attacked me personally when I gave an honest review of a product I bought from him.

Larry has forfeited all his credibility, respect, and honor and he has earned my reproach.

If you, 22WRF, wish to see the complete story of Larry most of his many usernames have been consolidated under his original handle of Oldman1942.

Read it and weep.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nsaqam

Well, I will have to agree with you on one thing, and that is the excellent quality of Ed's response to one of my previous posts here. He was respectful while still forcefully attempting to get his point across. He doesn't use ad hominem argument designed to put down the other person. And he makes some very good points.

So that brings me to this question.

"I guess my question to you is if you don't know all these things that have happened over the last few years, why does it concern you so much? IOW what is YOUR motive?"

My motive is, and always will be the truth. I am not saying that anyone here is deliberately lying about "Larry Root". But I am saying that I have read quite a bit of this whole saga, and about 95 percent of it is opinion (i.e. isn't supported by any hard evidence.)

I don't see this man as having an obsession with creating hate and discontent. Rather, I see him as a man who is responding in kind.

This kind of thing happens over and over and over here. A person advances his or her opinion on an issue. Here it started as Ruger # 1 triggers. Other people disagreed with the opinion. But instead of just saying they disagreed with the opinon and why they disagreed, some attacked like a bunch of sharks in a bloodmobile. And from then on it was response in kind!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then you aren't looking very hard and you surely don't have the PM's and emails many of us have gotten from him.

The ones which piss me off the most are the many disparaging comments he's made about Rick Bin and this entire site in general.
Yet he ardently desires to be here, in a place he calls Rick's dung hole.
Does that sound like a reasonable man to you?

Go to Amazon and do a search for Wildcat Cartridges by Fred Zeglin and read the comments. Then get back to me with your thoughts on his behavior.

You'll likely have an excuse for him then too but that in itself will be illuminating.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, you apparently have no problem with Larry posting the names addresses and ages of my extended family.
I've never thought about doing that to him.

Your stance on this issue is hard to understand.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Quite simply put, you do not have the facts, and I nor anyone else is going present them to you to appease your curiosity.

I believe I have seen you post many times that if you don't like what someone posts don't read it. That would apply to you as well, as far as Larry is concerned, we do not have that option, he is constantly here under a new user name and a quickly as he can be ignored under that name he is using another.

The facts are there for all to see if they care to read, Twister999 IS Larry Root.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Yet he ardently desires to be here, in a place he calls Rick's
dung hole.
Does that sound like a reasonable man to you?"

Once again, an assumption. Maybe not that he calls the place Rick's Dung Hole, but WHY he may call it that. He may call it Rick's Dung Hole because he doesn't like all of the people here who constantly attack him. I don't know that, but its just as plausible as any other explanation.

"Quite simply put, you do not have the facts, and I nor anyone else is going present them to you to appease your curiosity."

Another interesting thing that goes on here far too much. And that is everyone talking for everyone else. People talking for Rick, and people talking for this guy, and people talking for that guy. How do you know nobody else is going to present them to me or appease my curiosity? I think far too many people put a lot of words in other people's mouths around here, and that is how these things get going to the point where they are now. Kind of like politicians!!!

"I believe I have seen you post many times that if you don't like what someone posts don't read it."

I happen to like everybody's posts. I might not agree with them, but I enjoy hearing other people's opinions.

Nsaqam

I do agree. I don't think its proper to post the names of relatives or extended family here on 24 hour. But I also think that when something happens in life that you absolutely cannot change it isn't worth a heart attack or a stroke to sit there and worry about it for years to come.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Golly gee dogphuck, and not butting in but, 22WRF, would you happen to be a criminal defense attorney?

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 1,929 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,257
Posts18,525,226
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.