-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kevin (22WRF) is (or was) a barrister, so perhaps oldman Larry has retained his services? grin

It would certainly help to explain his defense of the indefensible. That, or birds of a feather...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Kevin (22WRF) is (or was) a barrister, so perhaps oldman Larry has retained his services? grin

It would certainly help to explain his defense of the indefensible. That, or birds of a feather...
That figures. My wife's idiot sister got a law degree, which pretty well led me to the conclusion that they just give those things away. And like the idiot sister-in-law, Kevin also lacks enough sense to pour piss out of a boot without the instructions written on the heel.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Holy flyin' squirrels nutsack shocked that explains it perfectly sick

Thanks Fost.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Today I was able to reach Larry (without even being in Pinedale.) We had a long conversation that covered all the topics quite well. I've tried to organize this post into segments to make it simple. So here goes:

The Beginning:

The attacks on Larry by a very few members lead by NSAQAM, began when Larry posted some guns for sale on the site. Among the terms he offered was lay-a-way, a time honored method of buying items started by JC Penny. It is still available in many businesses both brick and mortar and electronic. This provoked an attack by the 10 or so "regulators" of the site saying he could not do that and it violated site rules. They had no authority to decide what should be and a careful reading of site rules revealed no violation. One of these "men" even agreed to purchase a rifle and sent counterfeit money as a payment. That event, years ago, was the genesis of the attacks, engineered banning and outright lies that continue until today.

That leads us to the serial lies topic:

Although not alone, the boy who claims to be employed by OU as well as black is by far the worst. His outright lies as well as obscene way of dealing with almost everyone makes him special. AS with the rest of the gang he hides his identity but then makes the error of posting a photo of himself that shows a callow youth, hardly a threat to anyone. Among his catalog of lies the two whoppers are "Larry steals photos of guns and claims they are his." This thread provides an excellent example of how he interacts with others:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6328335/1
He was made a large bet that the guns were in fact Larry's and could be easily proven so by any number of ways. Realizing he had trapped himself along came whopper number two. He and "the gang" were coming to Pinedale to flush Larry out and prove he did not own the guns. The fact that they all knew beyond any reasonable doubt that Larry was in Florida at the time, didn't get through.
Bricktop then embarked on his journey to Pinedale but made the slight error (called out by Cole Younger) of using photographs taken at the wrong season of the year and, in some cases, at the wrong place. The traffic cam at the end of Larry's dead end road never showed Bricktop's arrival nor was his determination that Larry was hiding in the house born out by any footprints or tracks in the snow.
Nobody was there and Bricktop never came anywhere near Pinedale.
Along the way in this soap opera a $10,000 bet was placed on the reality of Larry owning the guns that was welched on by Bricktop. Next the gang was coming to Pinedale this summer to have a "Campfire" and, at first, stake out Larry's house. They even claimed to be renting a block of rooms at our Best Western. Another lie easily checked and invalidated. Once they realized staking out someone's house was not a bright idea it and then the whole Campfire vanished is a puff of smoke.

The big Pinedale visit:

A close third on the "I hate Larry" list is the gentleman from Texas FOsteology who claims to have just been in Pinedale but for some unknown reason was unable to pick up a phone book and arrange a "cuppa" at the Wrangler. The reason for that failure is he was not there at all in 2012. The photos he posted to prove his visit have a big "oops" factor. I'll limit the facts to three that Larry linked me to.

First is Larry's house. Take a look at the roof. The California shake roof shown by FOsty was replaced two years ago (remember two years) with fireproof fiberglass shingles.

[Linked Image]

Then we move along to the Pinedale road sign. Note that Fosty's says "17 "years a tree city, oops it's really 19.

[Linked Image]

Then we have the Cowboy Bar. The exterior shown in Fosty's picture was replaced almost two years ago and now looks like this:

[Linked Image]

Now I'll show you about Larry's service record. While some of these "men" may have served, it is safe to say you don't get your name on a rather fancy memorial to those who served, if you did not.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There were a lot more out right lies along the way like Fosty talking to people at Larry's gun club (tough to do when you are not here), the other liar who claimed to have talked to the President of the gun club who denied any conversation when asked by Larry, the fellow who "knew people in Rochester NY" (Larry's hometown) and was "gonna check him out". Nothing was heard on that. The misuse by those who never had any connection to it of the PA 28th division shoulder patch, in which Larry's father served as a highly decorated company commander.

To wrap it up, Larry seemed like a reasonable guy, faintily amused by all the attention from a small group of "men" too scared to follow through on all their threats, caught in lie after lie, making wild allegations with no proof and screwing up what is a pretty good site to buy, sell, swap and pass along some facts/opinions IF you can avoid becoming a target of this tiny group that have convinced themselves they own the site.

We talked about the other sites he was on that had actual monitors who would never tolerate these obscene orchestrated attacks based on nothing but envy, hatred and jelousy. He explained to me how the computer experts who are members of the gun clubs (3 in the area) have frustrated the "men" at every turn making their nasty way of life meaningless to anyone who wants to use the site as an adult.

The final plus in my book was an open invitation to put in for a Wyoming Antelope tag and be hosted by Larry at his home. Since he lives right on the main Antelope migration route in the state with the most Antelope, that would be an exciting hunt. He said a "bad day" was when you didn't see 500 with 50 shootable bucks.

Alongtime friend of his from USAF days bagged this nice buck last year.

[Linked Image]

I suppose that wraps it up. I'll let the reader decide just what a terrible threat this nice senior is to the fabric of the Campfire. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by FOsteology

That figures. My wife's idiot sister got a law degree, which pretty well led me to the conclusion that they just give those things away. And like the idiot sister-in-law, Kevin also lacks enough sense to pour piss out of a boot without the instructions written on the heel.

Law degrees don't do anything for you. I agree, they used to give them away. When I got mine it only cost about $45,000.00, but I understand now that at some places its costing almost $100,000.00 or more.

I love it when people use ad hominem arguments against lawyers. The best place to hear it is of course in the courtroom because the judges will tell the person using ad hominem to shut up real quick. But I like hearing it here as well because its so classic to the definition of ad hominem. A centuries old tactic. If your not smart enought to say something relevant to the real subject at hand, atttack your opponents person, hoping you might get away with it. There are those of course who will agree with the ad hominem argument, thereby putting them in the same class as the person who made the argument in the first place. But most intelligent people see it for what it is and just laugh to theirself.

What is even more funny is when you run into someone whom you have heard put down lawyers just like here, and then later when they needed a lawyer the lawyer they hired was the greatest person on earth, even if the guy they were representing was a scumbag!!! Or to put it another way, it all depends on what side you are on!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bwaahaaaaaaa! Larry you're so full of it!

You seem to forget Larry that I was one of the only people defending your actions in the infamous layaway thread.

Would you like me to post that thread?

You may remember Larry that we talked about your friends in the Keys and how you often went to the opera because you and your wife enjoyed it.

You then blew any friendship I may have had with you by including me, the only guy defending you, in a ranting and nonsensical PM.

As well as all the numerous lies, falsehoods, multiple identities, outright threats to me after inviting me to Pinedale, and your posting of my extended families supposed names, addresses and ages.

Not to mention your whining emails to me after I purchased from you a copy of a book you were selling. You know Larry, the ones where you call this place Rick's dung hole and call him a spineless turd.

You're not fooling anyone but 22WRF here Larry

What a pathetic little "man" you are Larry.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
sick

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry is anything if not predictable!

Keep spinning your yarns as only you can Larry. And while you're at it, how about regaling us again with you heroic exploits during your 3 tours in 'Nam as a THUDS / F-105 "Fighter Pilot"??... Remember, loosing your friends over Red River....bunking with "Marine Snipers"... expert Marksman Badges with four different weapons... 600 and 1000 yard matches that you won while in the Air Force... your much claimed and touted combat service...

Absolutely riveting and fascinating tales! wink

Even more so since your DD214 didn't reflect ANY of those tall tales!

You were NOT a fighter pilot (nor any other type)
NO sniper action nor association
NO combat service
NO reflection of these so called qualifications with FOUR weapons
NO mention of these LR matches you supposedly won....

You were just a communications nerd assigned to the Autodin switch in Korat.

Wasn't enough to be truthful for once in your pathetic excuse for a life and just say you served honorably. You had to weave a fantastical tale of heroism in an attempt to impress others, and bolster your flagging ego.

You're a sad pathetic little shell of a man....

Who's "twister999" today? The old geriatric [bleep] or the ole [bleep] with hot flashes suffering menopause? Or perhaps your boyfriend Duane or Roger? Maybe your dog Brandy?? LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by twister999
The traffic cam at the end of Larry's dead end road never showed Bricktop's arrival nor was his determination that Larry was hiding in the house born out by any footprints or tracks in the snow.

1st off, there was no snow in Pinedale that weekend. The pics shown by Bricktop were a bit suspective though, as they looked to be from summer months. I didn't get into that whole episode, so I may be missing something.

Anyhow why say "our" in the words below? You are giving yourself away in that unmistakable "Larry Root" Style.
Along the way in this soap opera a $10,000 bet was placed on the reality of Larry owning the guns that was welched on by Bricktop. Next the gang was coming to Pinedale this summer to have a "Campfire" and, at first, stake out Larry's house. They even claimed to be renting a block of rooms at our Best Western. Another lie easily checked and invalidated. Once they realized staking out someone's house was not a bright idea it and then the whole Campfire vanished is a puff of smoke.

Lastly, the veteran's memorial memorial pic means nothing. My name is on the memorial in Stevensville Montana and I was just an arty FO doing double duty as a common grunt. I did what I had to do: nothing more. You're making it sound like the only way to get your name on a city's plaque is to really do all those heroic deeds in Vietnam you claim to have done. You as a comm nerd (a respectable and critical MOS) have every right to have your name on that plaque as Gunny Hancock himself.

I also talked to senior members of Pinedale's gun club, and they said they had met you once, but didn't really know you. Nobody in town seemed to know who you are either. I only asked a few random people, but figured if you were as much of a town celebrity as you say you are, someone would have known who you were.
Get a life dude.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the past when I was representing a lot of clients, (mostly poor and disadvantaged women with no money and many mouths to feed) they would come in and start telling me, "he makes me so damn mad", or, "he made me do this", or he made me do that", or whatever.

And although it usually took awhile I was able to convince the smart ones to understand that nobody does anything to you. Nobody makes you mad and nobody makes you sad. Nobody hurts your feelings and nobody causes you to have any feelings.

I used to say that I didn't see a plug in on their head that allowed their husbands or boyfriends to plug into them to control their mind.

Rather, if they were smart they finally realized that all of those things are things that you allow yourself to do or feel, and if you sit around and choose to wallow in them thats your business, but don't blame anyone else for it.

Nobody makes you anything. You allow yourself to react to other people, and if you know yourself well enough you can control those reactions and feelings.

So again, Larry Root is a guy who wanted to and continues to want to participate here. And everytime he does he is attacked like ants on sugar. And of course, to his discredit he allows himself to react and strike back.

All of this "stuff" about Pinedale, and Ruger # 1 guns, and lay a ways, and who served where and what, are trivial minor details that don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

I say why can't we all just get along together. Its easy. All you have to do is tell yourself you want to do it, and then do it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
The traffic cam at the end of Larry's dead end road never showed Bricktop's arrival nor was his determination that Larry was hiding in the house born out by any footprints or tracks in the snow.

1st off, there was no snow in Pinedale that weekend. The pics shown by Bricktop were a bit suspective though, as they looked to be from summer months. I didn't get into that whole episode, so I may be missing something.

Anyhow why say "our" in the words below? You are giving yourself away in that unmistakable "Larry Root" Style.

Lastly, the veteran's memorial memorial pic means nothing. My name is on the memorial in Stevensville Montana and I was just an arty FO doing double duty as a common grunt. I did what I had to do: nothing more. You're making it sound like the only way to get your name on a city's plaque is to really do all those heroic deeds in Vietnam you claim to have done. You as a comm nerd (a respectable and critical MOS) have every right to have your name on that plaque as Gunny Hancock himself.

I also talked to senior members of Pinedale's gun club, and they said they had met you once, but didn't really know you. Nobody in town seemed to know who you are either. I only asked a few random people, but figured if you were as much of a town celebrity as you say you are, someone would have known who you were.
Get a life dude.

If nothing else Larry does seem to be trying a lot harder to hide his identity, where as in the past he would own up to being him and go in to rant mode, now, it appears, Larry is finally ashamed of being Larry. Trying desperately to be someone else... it really is... well desperate.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 22WRF
In the past when I was representing a lot of clients, (mostly poor and disadvantaged women with no money and many mouths to feed) they would come in and start telling me, "he makes me so damn mad", or, "he made me do this", or he made me do that", or whatever.

And although it usually took awhile I was able to convince the smart ones to understand that nobody does anything to you. Nobody makes you mad and nobody makes you sad. Nobody hurts your feelings and nobody causes you to have any feelings.

I used to say that I didn't see a plug in on their head that allowed their husbands or boyfriends to plug into them to control their mind.

Rather, if they were smart they finally realized that all of those things are things that you allow yourself to do or feel, and if you sit around and choose to wallow in them thats your business, but don't blame anyone else for it.

Nobody makes you anything. You allow yourself to react to other people, and if you know yourself well enough you can control those reactions and feelings.

So again, Larry Root is a guy who wanted to and continues to want to participate here. And everytime he does he is attacked like ants on sugar. And of course, to his discredit he allows himself to react and strike back.

All of this "stuff" about Pinedale, and Ruger # 1 guns, and lay a ways, and who served where and what, are trivial minor details that don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

I say why can't we all just get along together. Its easy. All you have to do is tell yourself you want to do it, and then do it.

Well, counselor, I guess you missed the part about Mr. Root passing on bad information that a novice firearms user might injure himself or others.

Also missed, or ignored, is the fact that Mr. Root HAS been officially banned by the owner of this site for conduct so egregious that it merited THAT punishment. As you noted, a tremendous amount of character assassination takes place here without parties being banned, yet Mr. Root has repeatedly been given the boot by the site's owner for his behavior.

Yes, we could all get along, but Mr. Root is like a turd in a punchbowl. It is not only obnoxious to see and smell, it could be potentially harmful if ingested. Those of us who have been around here for a while know him for what he is and do not believe anything he says for he has no credibility.
Those who might be new to this firearms game don't have the perspective some of us do and might well suffer the consequences.

Most of us do not engage Mr. Root in conversation of any type. Those whom he has greatly offended or caused harm to have reason to drive him away. Banishment is a long tried method of controlling bad behavior.

We don't need to offer you any "hard evidence" for this is not a court of law, and you actually have no standing unless you really are representing Mr. Root for some action. You have been offered the complete list of Mr. Root's posts, minus the PM's of course, so you can read through them at your leisure and discover why he is treated the way he is.

What you appear to be, and this is not an "ad hominem" attack, but an observation, is someone who mistakenly believes that everyone has a right to be here, say what they like, regardless of the consequences, and no one should say bad things or try to eliminate a problem.

Mr. Root is a problem. His very presence here constitutes trespass. For you to defend his presence here raises more questions about your true motive. Saying it is because you want "the truth" when you have no dog in this fight sounds more like a teenager than an adult. Why seek the truth in this matter? What does it matter to you? Why can't you just ignore this dispute, since it obviously doesn't affect you?

Just thoughts.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least this time he's not pretending to be his wife Karen, or his dog Brandy! crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed nails it again!

Bravo!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That just means he has another voice in his head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Mr. Root is a problem. His very presence here constitutes trespass. For you to defend his presence here raises more questions about your true motive. Saying it is because you want "the truth" when you have no dog in this fight sounds more like a teenager than an adult. Why seek the truth in this matter? What does it matter to you? Why can't you just ignore this dispute, since it obviously doesn't affect you?"

It may be correct that Mr. Root is a trespasser, but it would be for the owner of the site to prosecute that tort. I fail to see why so many people are so darn worried about Mr. Bin. He seems to be fully capable of taking care of himself.

And so, since this is Mr. Bin's site, I have to wonder about everyone elses true motive because as been so aptly pointed out, there are really only two people who have any real relevance to the whole thing.

There is no higher motive than truth, and of course the motives of your faith if you have one.

I could choose to ignore this. But as I have stated, I enjoy hearing everyone's opinion. I could ask the same of you, which I previously have. I have suggested that everyone ignore it and then perhaps Mr. Root will have no occasion to continue either.

If I sound more like a teenager than an adult that makes me happy. When you get as old as I am its nice to hear those kinds of comments. I only wished I looked like one and my body worked like one as well!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Three factors in assigning punishment, counselor, one of which is community condemnation.

The community condemns Mr. Root for his behavior and his lack of respect for the wishes of Mr. Bin. One does not have to be party to the tort to voice condemnation, nor stand by idly while the tort continues. Would you not defend a friend's interests?

Again, Mr. Root has seen fit over and over to create discord, which would belie an innocent motive of simply wanting to join in. He has made his bed.

There is a WORLD of difference between "child-like" with it's connotation of innocence and youthful energy, and "childish".

I wish you well, sir. I, too, would have my young adult body back, but it is not to be.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Larry/twister remember this thread?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread..._WTS_Remington_700_Custom_40#Post3848034

I alone defended you (WTF was I thinking) in this thread and took heat for it yet you claim that I became your sworn enemy because of this very thread.

Confused much Oldman?

No Larry, you and you alone brought on the ire of the membership here through your nonsensical crap, your continual lying, your veiled threats and your nasty PM's.

You reap what you sow.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 22WRF
"Mr. Root is a problem. His very presence here constitutes trespass. For you to defend his presence here raises more questions about your true motive. Saying it is because you want "the truth" when you have no dog in this fight sounds more like a teenager than an adult. Why seek the truth in this matter? What does it matter to you? Why can't you just ignore this dispute, since it obviously doesn't affect you?"

It may be correct that Mr. Root is a trespasser, but it would be for the owner of the site to prosecute that tort. I fail to see why so many people are so darn worried about Mr. Bin. He seems to be fully capable of taking care of himself.

And so, since this is Mr. Bin's site, I have to wonder about everyone elses true motive because as been so aptly pointed out, there are really only two people who have any real relevance to the whole thing.

There is no higher motive than truth, and of course the motives of your faith if you have one.

I could choose to ignore this. But as I have stated, I enjoy hearing everyone's opinion. I could ask the same of you, which I previously have. I have suggested that everyone ignore it and then perhaps Mr. Root will have no occasion to continue either.

If I sound more like a teenager than an adult that makes me happy. When you get as old as I am its nice to hear those kinds of comments. I only wished I looked like one and my body worked like one as well!

Doesn't an officer of the court, a counselor, have a sworn duty to uphold the law, to not aid and abet those who take liberties with such? Larry Root is a trespasser, in a place where he is forbidden, using deceit and fake identities to circumvent the order of the owner.

Speaking of "truth", how do you justify your position, defending fraud and unauthorized trespass? If you're his attorney and are representing him, then declare such. If these are YOUR opinions, then that's an entirely different scenario.

DF

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (06hunter59, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,270
Posts18,525,479
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.