Print Thread
Hop To
Page 935 of 1,842 1 2 933 934 935 936 937 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hope he heals fast Fluffy.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Fluffy. Give my best to you brother and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've seen a lot of amazing recoveries from a by-pass like that. I hope your brother will be another one.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
fluffy,
In June,2008 I had quadruple by pass.Your brother has quite a bit of healing to do but he will feel much much better after it is all healed up.The quicker he starts a walking habit without rushing things the better off he will be.Been there,done that.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Heading to camp, goung to do some mowing, trimming, general cleanup and then go scouting for blueberries.

Last edited by northern_dave; 07/06/12.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Going to ride my 4 wheeler up town to put gas in it, going riding tomorrow. 3 of my other friends were told yesterday by the jerk cop in town that they couldn't ride them in town. Cletus called the head city guy and he said he sure can ride up to the gas station to put on gas. I'm hoping the same cop would say the same thing to me. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Kick his ass Sea Bass! grin

I have to work tomorrow. Kids will be at grandmas house so I'll prolly work all day. If it's still hotmill probably grab a movie?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Uff Dah. I just saw two bucks, one was a dandy, dandy buck that came right through the yard. Smaller guy looked to be a 14" 8 with nice tall tines. The other guy was a whopper of the first order. It was at least an 11, possibly a 12 but I didn't get a good look in the fading light.

I'm going to guess they are a pair of the dudes I had on the camera last fall.

A front moved through and the temps dropped 20-25 degrees, that may have had something to do with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
pics or it didn't happen!

been redoing the kitchen, its coming along but I think I bit off all I could handle and a little extra.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pics of the kitchen or it aint happening! grin

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, I dont carry a camera on my hip 24/7. Especially when I'm making dinner. There is a small (very small) chance they're on the camera in the yard. But I'd bet your paycheck the batteries are dead in it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

cut the opening in the wall, finished it and layed the tile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dang fella,you gots some skills there.Looking good.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Don't dare show this to the wife. She wants to open up our kitchen too. Looking good Ryan.

Floor contractor stopped by Friday to give us a quote on restoring the original oak floors in 2 bedrooms and the hallway (Currently carpeted). We're going to do it sometime in early September.

We're going to start looking for carpet for the living/dining rooms along with the master bedroom this coming week. A small area by the front door will get tiled.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That sounds like what I did at our first house Stan. If you can wait a bit for the carpet sometimes you can get a great deal.

When I finished the basement at the last house I had, I bought the carpet from Home Depot and they installed if for $39 per floor!

I had all the carpet installed in the basement for $39. It was a heckova deal.

Looking good Ryan.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We are counting our blessings today at the Rooster household.

Yesterday, our oldest daughter was coming to spend the afternoon with us on the pontoon at "Makes no Patties" house.

About the time she should have been turning off the hi-way on to the gravel road that leads to the lake a mile away, we heard a loud crash. My wife said "OH MY GOD that was Courtney!" (mothers intuition)so we ran up the hill, jumped in the truck and took off towards the hi-way. When we got there we saw one car (not hers) smashed all to heck in the front. We jumped out of the pickup, running and searcing for our daughter. Her car was down the opposite ditch with the front end smashed to pieces. She was turning left below a hill on the hi-way and the other driver came over the hill and they hit head on. Thank God that both cars air bags deployed and both girls (the other driver was a girl about Courtney's age) had their seat belts on! Both walked away from what could have been a terrible tragedy. Courtney has a bit of whiplash and will be in a neck brace for a few days but other than that, she is fine.

Hug your kids a little tighter today. It really puts things in perspective.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Holy smokes Rooster...Thank God everyone is alright Jim. How's she feeling today?

Scary, scary feeling. I'm real glad that it worked as good as it could have.

We can buy new cars...not little girls.

Last edited by tzone; 07/08/12.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Glad she's ok Jim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
We are counting our blessings today at the Rooster household.

Yesterday, our oldest daughter was coming to spend the afternoon with us on the pontoon at "Makes no Patties" house.

About the time she should have been turning off the hi-way on to the gravel road that leads to the lake a mile away, we heard a loud crash. My wife said "OH MY GOD that was Courtney!" (mothers intuition)so we ran up the hill, jumped in the truck and took off towards the hi-way. When we got there we saw one car (not hers) smashed all to heck in the front. We jumped out of the pickup, running and searcing for our daughter. Her car was down the opposite ditch with the front end smashed to pieces. She was turning left below a hill on the hi-way and the other driver came over the hill and they hit head on. Thank God that both cars air bags deployed and both girls (the other driver was a girl about Courtney's age) had their seat belts on! Both walked away from what could have been a terrible tragedy. Courtney has a bit of whiplash and will be in a neck brace for a few days but other than that, she is fine.

Hug your kids a little tighter today. It really puts things in perspective.

damn, thats every parents worse nightmare, I'm very relieved to hear she is ok. whew, it goes to show you how life can change in a heartbeat. good thing you taught her to wear her seatbelt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rooster, I'm so glad they are ok.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Page 935 of 1,842 1 2 933 934 935 936 937 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 35, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 6 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.