Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
and how do you know if you'll leave a good lasting legacy?

I am troubled and feel I need to take on greater responsibility and be a better person.

A little each day I guess? Religion? Just man up?
Thanks for listening.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Suicide is always a option

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trouble coming out of the closet?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When my wife tells me it's OK. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 700LH
Suicide is always a option
No,that should not be an option for anyone. Thanks for trying...

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually, as long as I have a wife or any other family, I'm not in complete control of my life, but it is a choice I welcomed.

My friend, don't worry about taking complete control. Just do all you can, while you can and be happy with yourself. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shoot a wolf.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
control is an illusion imo

this ride called life is a lot like sailing the seas, you have bluebird days and stormy weather.

you never really control it but you learn to enjoy the good times and hopefully ride out the bad

if you don't sink, until you're a rusting hull you did pretty damned well imo.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When your email-account only lets throught he ones you want to read...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brooksrange

I am troubled and feel I need to take on greater responsibility and be a better person.

A little each day I guess? Religion? Just man up?
Thanks for listening.

A good indicator of having taken control of your life is when you've moved out of your parent's house and actually began to support yourself. The legacy begins when you can maintain and thus sustain that self-sufficiency.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brooksrange

When you hear the Almighty God say to you "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The only way to gain control is to surrender control.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you realise two things;
#1 There's only one person in this life that you can not do with out..........You
#2 When you realise the most important opinion of you..is your's.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Everyone and everything in life will try to become your master.Whatever you serve,will be your master.

You can be a slave to your own flesh and follow after thoes things which please the flesh like,food,drugs,sex, or even the aquiring of things.If you follow after these type things,you will die and never be truly happy because you are trying to fill a spirtual desire with natural things.They will bring a short term happiness but always leave a desire for more and more.

You can also become the slave to other people and trying to please them and gain their approval.

All these things will try to give you an identity and try to define who you are.Some may be good things and some bad,it doesn't matter.You will only find short term happiness and never true joy,even by serving the good things,like trying to be a good husband and father.

You will find yourself failing to meet your expectation,even trying to serve the good.You will become a slave to your own flesh again.You will find that instead of becoming a good father and husband,you have become a slave to your own desires, expectation and goals of what you think a good husband and father is.

The only way to true joy instead of short term happiness,is to serve that which is greater than yourself.By serving God,you will learn who He created you to be.You will learn how to be a good husband and father and what that truly means.You will learn who God says you are,instead of taking your identity from the opinion of others or that which you try to accomplish.You will learn to forgive yourself and others for your shortcomings and faults.

Before I was saved,I seemed to have a hole inside myself,that I tried to fill with everything in the world.All thoes things just made the hole larger and larger and I put more and more into the hole,trying to fill it.I learned that the desire I was trying to fill with things,was my spirit crying out for unity with God.

I can't tell you to be born again and all your problems will go away.You will always have problems while you are in the world.I can tell you that God will give you a good foundation to build on so that you can overcome thoes problems.

To answer your question about being in control of my life,I don't want to be.When I was in control,I made a wreck of it and was never truly happy for very long no matter what I did.God only wants good things for me,and I can only achieve thoes things by letting Him be in control.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Clark, that was about the best answer to his question that I could imagine. No way could I have done half as well. It really sounds like you're describing my life before I got saved.

Now my daily prayer is, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by arkypete
When you realise two things;
#2 When you realise the most important opinion of you..is your's.

Jim

Well, the OP already has that one covered..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
List want you need to do.

Do it

Live life

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
When you convert from liberal to conservative.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MColeman
Mr. Clark, that was about the best answer to his question that I could imagine. No way could I have done half as well. It really sounds like you're describing my life before I got saved.

Now my daily prayer is, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer."

Actually,the scripture that stray round listed is an even better answer.We just don't understand everything it means when we are on the outside looking in.God has to fully reveal it to us first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,420
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.