Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Where and when was it when it was hit. We saw several turtles Sunday in the AIW behind Oak Island. We also saw lots of large boats going very fast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Never been around any smell that gags me, but was around a girl one time long ago over in Arkansas that spooked the hell outta me eek

When I saw that sombish nekkid, I didnt know wheather to go get a 55 gal. drum of seven dust, or a [bleep] weed-eater, fire that mutha up and start lookin for blackberries shocked

Gunner

Ok, now I know to not pick up an R-Kansas girl!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Got close to a turkey vulture once, the smell was terrible.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They can get bad if they come through the windshield.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by sactoller
Never been around any smell that gags me, but was around a girl one time long ago over in Arkansas that spooked the hell outta me eek

When I saw that sombish nekkid, I didnt know wheather to go get a 55 gal. drum of seven dust, or a [bleep] weed-eater, fire that mutha up and start lookin for blackberries shocked

Gunner

Ok, now I know to not pick up an R-Kansas girl!

If ya accidentally do, put her back down real easy like, dont wanna go crackin' open that crust. sick LMAO

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of my uncles bagged bodies one day in the Phillipines
when he was in WWII. Said it was a smell he will never forget.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Down here we wood hav made some turtle soup. You use enuff garlic and hot saus and you can get passed the smell.

I got hooked on phonics
Guess my IP now fistphuckology!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bummer, they are fairly interesting critters. This one is the same in Roger's photo above. He was successfully rescued, after biting a shark bait.

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forty some years ago I was working in a feedlot over in the Heart of the Columbia Basin about three or four times a week we would have a dead cow or steer turn up in the pens and it was my job with helper to go into the pens with a tractor and chain to pull the dead critter out of the pens over to a collection point for a rendering company to come and pick them up once a week. Believe some of those carcasses would get get pretty ripe sitting out in the sun with a 100+ degree heat for a few days. I got to the point where I could grab a deep breath hold it go to the drop point unhook the chain and get the hell out of there before taking another breath, but if something went wrong and I had to take a breath in the drop zone it would definitely be a big time gag session. sick sick sick

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks to me that none of you fellas have ever saved a mama Cow that had a dead calf in her for several days,......

and had to pull it out, a piece at a time.

I bet Border Doc could get ya' right up to speed on that stunt.

Turtle ?

.....pshawwww

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yessir, Vicks Salve and a damn good pair of gloves are yer bestests Buds in that case.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worked for the railroad years ago. Had a brakeman that would bring a bag of boiled blue crabs and sit in the second engine and eat them between Savannah and Macon.

Once he forgot to throw his shell and gut bag out.... and after sitting a couple of days, closed and in the hot sun, the engine was uninhabitable for it's next trip out.

As was the custom, the railroad fired his ass for 30 days.. Ran his ass off as we would say smile Still funny to think about smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by rattler
dont know why but dead reptiles smell worse than any other dead critter....

That's the truth & have you ever noticed that the body of a dead snake doesn't last long ? , it will just melt and disappear in about a day.

Mike

Small World..... 2 days ago my wife tells me there is a big rat snake caught in some bird netting on a garage shelf..... I really dislike snakes..... We called a friend who is a serious reptile keeper..... Jaynes plan A was to have Leigh come rescue this 7 foot long snake.... Leigh says a rat snake is going to be so mad after being caught in a net for a day or so that she doesn't want to "rescue" it.....

I feel obliged to man up and deal with snake zilla..... I tell Jayne I'll shoot it.... She tells me to hold off on that for a bit.... A few minutes later she tells me she got the branch clippers and cut the snakes head off...... Seems she was afraid I would blast a hole in the garage wall rather than figure a way to drag the netted snake outside first.....( did I mention I really don't like snakes?)...

I had put off the chore of hauling off the deceased snake until this afternoon I went out into the garage to discover an amazingly bad smell.... That snake was decomposing like some sort of unnatural zombie dead creature.....

I got it hauled off without tossing my lunch..... Barelysick

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yessir, Vicks Salve and a damn good pair of gloves are yer bestests Buds in that case.

Gunner

BTDT, with neither. Trying to sleep with yer' nose far from your arms ain't easy, either.

The Mama Cow made it,.....and THAT was the point of the exercise, I guess. Had I known, I gotta' say I'd have just SHOT her, and been done with it.

Some day over a cold one, lemme tell ya' about the first time stickin' a bloated Cow Beast (Trocar Deal), ....getting directions over a radio, from the boss, while wearing my best duds, and on the way to a wedding.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by eh76
as bad as it might have been, I can't imagine it being worse than this grin

That dude was a good sport. Wouldn't mind pounding a few with him. wink

We get huge turtles here too. Tell you what, though. You think a dead turtle is bad? I'm guessing not many have have ever pulled up to a whale carcass of maybe 20 tons, floating in July for a few weeks first. It is enough to about bowl a man over. A smell that hits you like the proverbial hammer. A smell that makes you immediately, instinctively backpedal.

Sheet mon, even having a whale spray you with the mist from a shot out of its blowhole is enough to make a man's eyes water and make one lightheaded.

That sucks for the turtle, by the way. And not a turtle girl to be seen. Lose, lose, man.

Thanks for sharing pics Shreck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rendering tubs where they chemically melt flesh away from bones are really gross smelling.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Looks to me that none of you fellas have ever saved a mama Cow that had a dead calf in her for several days,......

Turtle ?

.....pshawwww

GTC

Been there and done that more times than I care to remember. A fetotomy was where we seperated the men from the boys.

The boys got laughed at a lot

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Gunner

For an R-Kansas chick, gothcha!

grin

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Turtle ?

.....pshawwww

GTC

Been there and done that, and it is not fun.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
used smelly kids diaper that accidentally got left in a hot car.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,379
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.