Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I wasn't familiar with the Korth until a few hours ago. I've done some research and watched some vids and now I've got a new dream gun. Stunning. Anybody have one?

Check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ROYgLRifXA

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A few random pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never shot one and it's been decades since I've handled one, but they used to have a good rep for being accurate.... albeit a bit pricey. I do recall them being too expensive for me to consider back then as I could build a custom gun for the same coin.

Last edited by 41magfan; 07/10/12.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I was a attending the Tulsa Gun Show several years ago and come upon the Korth table. I looked at the revolvers for a few moments and then asked the rep if I could handle one. He said, "No." Somewhat taken aback, I asked if it was just me who couldn't handle the revolvers or he was not letting anyone HANDle the HANDguns. "We don't let anyone here handle our revolvers.", was his reply or something to that effect. Warming to the absurdity of the situation, I said, "So let me get this straight. You have flown to the States from Europe. You have rented a booth at the biggest gun show in the world in an attempt, I assume, to sell handguns but you're not letting any prospective buyers hold the handguns in their hand, right?". Realizing, I think, how utterly, completely ridiculous he looked, he still answered, "Yes." I began laughing loudly at the total nonsense of this unforgetable minute of my life. The rep never cracked his serious expression. It was as if I were living a Monty Python skit. Absolutely priceless.

I could have easily bought every Korth revolver he had on his table with what I had in my pocket but vowed to myself that I would never own one under any circumstances. That company is run by some seriously silly people.

RS

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Interesting. From what I understand, they start at $5k and go up from there. I can understand that they wouldn't want such a pricy gun scratched up or handled, but it would seem that they'd have a demo or three there for you to fondle, though. That's pretty silly.

From what I've seen, these revolvers are made like a fine watch. All parts are milled from a solid billet of steel and perfectly finished. All parts fit perfectly. And just as a rolex doesn't tell time any better than a timex, the korth probably won't turn a guy into a crack shot. But man, are they a work of art. Beautiful guns.

I really enjoy quality craftmanship and these korth revolvers just ooze it, even if it does come with a nose in the air and a snobby attitude.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RipSnort
I was a attending the Tulsa Gun Show several years ago and come upon the Korth table. I looked at the revolvers for a few moments and then asked the rep if I could handle one. He said, "No." Somewhat taken aback, I asked if it was just me who couldn't handle the revolvers or he was not letting anyone HANDle the HANDguns. "We don't let anyone here handle our revolvers.", was his reply or something to that effect. Warming to the absurdity of the situation, I said, "So let me get this straight. You have flown to the States from Europe. You have rented a booth at the biggest gun show in the world in an attempt, I assume, to sell handguns but you're not letting any prospective buyers hold the handguns in their hand, right?". Realizing, I think, how utterly, completely ridiculous he looked, he still answered, "Yes." I began laughing loudly at the total nonsense of this unforgetable minute of my life. The rep never cracked his serious expression. It was as if I were living a Monty Python skit. Absolutely priceless.

I could have easily bought every Korth revolver he had on his table with what I had in my pocket but vowed to myself that I would never own one under any circumstances. That company is run by some seriously silly people.

RS

THAT is sooooo stupid. Even the nice Folks at Holland And Holland allow the SCI attendees to handl thier guns. HEre is a photo of me (sorry for the fuzziness of the camera that we did not realize had gone bad until after the show) The price tag on this rifle was over $400,000.00 !!

[Linked Image]

Close up of that same rifle, and no, I could not afford it! Told the rep so and still I was allowed to handle it! Cool folks, them H&H guys.

Royal grade 700 N.E.

[Linked Image]

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are beautiful revolvers, and if one came up for sale/trade in a way that I could afford one I would love to have it but would not consider buying new from a co. that was so snooty.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've long coveted a Korth revolver. Someday maybe? ... Who knows?

Another 'jewel' in my Safe Queen Crown. cool

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Does Uncle Mike's make grips for those? They don't look like they'd fit my hands right..........

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
They don't do anything for me. If I want a revolver that looks like a Colt Python, I'll buy a Colt Python. The fit and finish on the guns pictured does not appear, to me at least, to be commensurate with the asking price.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Don't blame ya a bit RipSnort, I will never endure a rude prick so that I may be granted the opportunity to spend MY money. crazy

Gunner

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
By the time I spent that much, I could have an S&W Registered Magnum or for considerably less, a near mint 5 screw.

One of those would turn my crank more than the Korth.

DF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, and I could have a custom Bowen or Linebaugh five/six gun for much less green also, and would be much more satisfied with the purchase.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are all good points as well. I wonder who they are selling things things to?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Pretty gun, but no safe queens for me.
They all get shot when called for.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by safariman
Those are all good points as well. I wonder who they are selling things things to?

I would think people who like to "have the best", what ever that means and those who like to brag that their exclusive, exotic, one of a kind revolver cost $5,000.

Evidently they're out there.

DF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by safariman

I would think people who like to "have the best", what ever that means and those who like to brag that their exclusive, exotic, one of a kind revolver cost $5,000.

Evidently they're out there.

DF

Some snobby Euro prick has his personal AL'er to call up and order a dozen sight unseen.

Gunner

Edit: to a bit of politeness. LOL

Last edited by gunner500; 07/11/12.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Gunner,

You're getting soft... frown

Editing for politeness... blush

What's the world coming to...? laugh

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
People that want the best don't always mean people that brag about how much something costs. I'm sure plenty of us buy the best we can afford and don't then spend the rest of our time bragging about how much we spent.

I'd love to buy a dozen Korth revolvers, sight unseen, and never talk about price. Korth is now on my list of fine firearms to consider through my life of acquiring fine firearms.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on a brand I wasn't familiar with.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Gunner,

You're getting soft... frown

Editing for politeness... blush

What's the world coming to...? laugh

DF

blush I think it's working DF, the Doc has been treating me for about four months now, seems I have about twice the testosterone levels in my blood that a man of 50 years is supposed to be producing. LOL

I told him if I start thinkin Womens shoes and purses are pretty, I'm gonna haul whats left of my manly self down here and kick hiz a$$. laugh we know each other, so it's all good. LOL

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.