-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do believe what you did is the route Winchester Customer Service suggests. Take it to the Dealer first. If they have no fix, it is sent to a Repair Center second. If the Repair Center has no fix, it gets approval to go to the Service Center. Or, you compile the form and get approval to send it directly to the Service Center. Not sure how things would be billed, but if it is a manufacture defect, I'd expect Browning to foot the bill.

Keep us posted, it would be helpful for anyone needing future warranty repairs.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Indeed I will keep everyone posted. That's the reason I started this thread (other than to b!tch about my problem grin).

Will post more when I know more.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GaryVA
No disrespect intended, but the FN plant doesn't take them back because they are not actually "Winchester". Browning is an office location, and therefore their standard Customer Service protocol is to have the rifle shipped to the nearest available Authorized Repair Center. Directly from the Winchester Customer Service Q&A, Question #215:

Where do I take my gun to get warranty and non-warranty service?

Whenever you have a problem with the function of your Winchester brand rifle or shotgun you should have it checked by one of the Authorized Repair Centers near you. Carefully follow the packing and shipping instructions before mailing your rifle.

Edit:

Okay, I do see where you can bypass the Repair Center step if you complete the below form for approval to send the rifle to Winchester's current service department which is located:

3005 Arnold-Tenbrook Road
Arnold, Missouri 63010-4728
1-800-322-4626

http://www.winchesterguns.com/customerservice/partsservice/support/winchester_return_form.pdf

Hope this helps smile
I thought you might have missed that when I read the first paragraph or two.. If it would have been mine - it would have been on the way to Arnold, MO., asap..

Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Redneck and Gary:

When I returned to the store with the UNFIRED rifle, I was looking to see what they were willing to do about it. They wanted to pack it up and send it in right away for me. I figured, GREAT!! I don't have to pay shipping, right?
I hear ya.. Too bad the store didn't tell you they weren't gonna ship it to Winnie... At the same time, too bad you didn't think to ask 'em just where they WERE gonna send it.. Oh well..

I would have sent it directly to Winchester/FN but was curious to see if the store I bought it from would help out. Not in a huge hurry to get it back. I just started reloading and got another new rifle setup (in a new to me caliber) so I have plenty to play with working up loads for several calibers. I definitely won't be short a rifle this fall at all and can wait. It just sucks donkey parts for now...
I can sympathize.. I just hope it gets done right..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Spoke with Winchester today- they have the rifle and "it is ready for final inspection." Same f*****g rifle. The guy didn't have more info me right now, have to wait until final inspection later this week. I'm gonna have a cow and crap a ton of bricks if I get this same rifle back. More (and hopefully better info) to come late this week/early next week.

At least Winchester was prompt about getting it logged in and at least a preliminary inspection done right quick. That's the only good indication so far other than almost no wait time to speak with someone in the repair dept via phone. That's a good sign.

More to follow,
Big Fish

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Next time you talk to one of the people at winchester, politely tell them that you have thousands of people watching this thread...I'm hoping you come out smelling like a rose on this deal. That rifle should have never left the damn factory like that....They need to make it right....As much as I'm a winchester guy, I'm still rooting for you bigfish.....Hope everything works out in your favor.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You might also consider getting a hold of someone way up in the main Corporate Customer Service dept. of Warehouse Sports and politely explain your dilema. Sometimes a little patience on your behalf which you have been all along, and a sympathetic ear on their behalf will likely result in a phone call from Warehouse Sports Corporate office to Win./FN that may solve your problem toot sweet. If it isn't resolved to your satisfaction you also have the last resort of contacting the Business and Consumer Affairs Dept.of your States Attorney Generals office and proceeding from there.
I hope that you will be made whole and everything will be sorted out without having to resort to more drastic measures.

Best,
BD

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Yup BSA, that's another reason why I'm glad I started this thread. Insurance- just in case.

But I did speak with Winchester today... again.

My rifle is in the manager's office and is going to be replaced with a new one. It has to go to their service center/gunsmith in CA first, then back to the store and I am sure I'll have to do paperwork since it's a new serial #. So far so good, just taking a lot of time and never should have happened in the first place. Will update when I know more.

P.S.- I won't be disappointed if I get a supergrade back grin

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Yup BSA, that's another reason why I'm glad I started this thread. Insurance- just in case.

But I did speak with Winchester today... again.

My rifle is in the manager's office and is going to be replaced with a new one. It has to go to their service center/gunsmith in CA first, then back to the store and I am sure I'll have to do paperwork since it's a new serial #. So far so good, just taking a lot of time and never should have happened in the first place. Will update when I know more.

P.S.- I won't be disappointed if I get a supergrade back grin

I really wish someone at winchester was actually reading this thread. Wouldn't that be nice if they picked out an extra nice one for your troubles. I'd be happy if they sent one with a stock like my 2008 limited edition but that probably won't happen....You could always hope though grin:

[Linked Image]

You are right, it should have never happened though. I too am a bit dissapointed with winchester over this...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
BSA that is a great looking rifle.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
BSA- I'll second stray round on this one- beautiful. If something like that happens I'd probably have a heart attack and die.

But something like that should happen when you get a lemon. I'd be happy with a letter of apology honestly. We'll have to see in the next few weeks.

It will probably come into the "gunsmith" in CA where it will probably sit for 3-4 weeks before being logged in. Then another 2 weeks to get to the store in Federal Way, WA.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
"shop Cal worthington ford on federal way! The only way!"

Sorry, flashbacks...

grin

I hope you get it all squared away soon.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
They said it would take another 3 weeks to get one off the line for me before they sent it back. Calling their corporate office right now...

Of course those people are in central time zone and have gone home for the day... have to deal with them tomorrow. They said they were going to replace it but this is now taking too long. It's getting a little ridiculous when they've decided to replace it but have to wait another three weeks, then they send it to the "smith" in CA. then back to the store. Maybe by the time I retire...

Last edited by bigfish9684; 07/11/12.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I also called Wholesale Sports to get it working from their end as well. Should have more info by friday. Nearing the end of my patience on this one.

My buddy just got his CZ 550 fixed by CZ in Kansas, free shipping both ways, under 3 weeks and he had it back in his hands. Might have to buy a CZ...

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good luck with it. I am very sorry you are having such issues with your rifle!

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You know, I don't mind when companys f**k up as long as they fix or replace the problem item in a prompt manner.
I bought a Bombardier atv when they came out & expected a couple issues being a new model, but when the VR went & I was told they didn't have any because they were a new model & it would take 3 months to get one shocked
There was 5,000? a day rolling of the assembly line & I always wondered what VRs they were putting on them! But they already had my $$ so I was at the bottom of the waiting list....never again Bombardier!!
So far Winchester hasn't shown you any particular good service, good thing it wasn't close to hunting season!!
You should get a model upgrade for your patience.
You appear to have good communication skills & have called all the right people & your still waiting, wonder how long it would take Win to fix the problem from someone with less tactical skills frown

Last edited by senior; 07/12/12.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Spoke to Winchester. They're not expecting the next batch from the SC factory to arrive until mid August. Supposedly my rifle has top priority or some BS. Then back to the gunsmith in CA to probably sit for 4 weeks before being logged in and sent back to me.

I'm going to speak to Wholesale Sports on Friday. Go from there. Make this thread known to Wholesale Sports and Winchester. I am heated right now. You can't sell someone a lemon and not make it right.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry

Ours was perfect...

a sample of one

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.