-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Will be spending 4 days in Cape Town Sept 15-19th on front end of my hunt,what are some must see and do's in Cape Town....already know about Table Mt and Cape of Good Hope...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stellenbosch and wine tasting: Look at cellars like Tokara, Nederburg (closed on Sundays) and Bellingham. Have lunch at Cafe Art with Lizelle and Peter (they are hunter friendly) in Stellenbosch.

Visit the Language Monument in Paarl. Simons Town with lunch on the harbor - visit the Navy Museum. If you feel like swimming without any clothes on, Sandy Bay but I believe the water is rather cold though blush

A helicopter flight over the fair Cape (weather permitting) is to be recommended.

The scenery at the town of Franschoek is breathtaking.

Shark cage diving if you want.

Victoria and Albert Waterfront for dinners.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Pieter!
We will be staying in Camps Bay at Azamare Guesthouse
[Linked Image]

Our Room Seahorse Suite
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Moyo Stellenbosch for dinner one night
This was our last night event and my wife still talks about it. Very cool atmosphere with a large tent and dinner show as well as outdoor seeting in tree decks. Down one side of tent food is prepared fresh in front of you and served buffet style. The food choices are endless

Underneath Mariners Wharf restraunt is Wharfette Bistro that you can get a box of fish and chip and then take trip out to Sea Island. My favorite is the calamari and chips. Make sure you grab a packet of lemon juice.
This is on the way to Cape Point

I hired a guide with a large van to take my family as I knew my wife would want to cram in as much as possible. Our guide was worth the money. The last day our time was to end at 5. When we visited Mojo to see what is was I knew from the look on my wife's face I needed to find a way to stay and catch a trip back later. I knew our guide had a birthday party with his family that night. Our guide got with the manager of Mojo and squared us away and made sure we made it back. That was the best money I ever spent

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Holy cow that's beautiful.

If I ever get married I better start saving cuz I can see Cape Town as a wonderful honeymoon location!!!

He went over yonder way
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I don't know if it's still there, but the Quay 4 restaurant at the Waterfront was a great place to eat when I was there quite a few years ago.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I did the red bus tour around town. And went on a shark cage dive. The shark cage thing is pretty cool.

Bb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I never spent any time there, but they are some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen from the air. Don't know what they look like up close, however.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just remember how dangerous the "urban areas" are outside of protected areas.

[Linked Image] Steve

"He wins the most, who honor saves. Success is not the test"--Ryan

Blog: http://www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=71

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 01Foreman400, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 45 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,663
Posts18,512,905
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.