Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

You just sold the business you built over the last 32 years and now you are staring at a check for just under 18 million. This is net of all taxes and expenses.

You and your wife have a sufficiency of homes, cars, and toys. You are both in your early seventies, in good health, and enjoying a strong marriage. Your children are all doing very well.

How would you spend/invest the money?

When I am in my early 70's my wife will be in her latter 50's. grin

Just short of 18 mil? Before I even started thinking about it 1.8 would be going to my Church.

I would buy land, as much as I could with say 10-12 million.

Throughout my wondering, I've seen several places in Idaho and Montana that would suit us just fine. It must join up to BLM or Forest land, and must have the capability of growing some hay for the 100 or so momma cows I'm going to have. I want to have a handful of good quarter mares and a solid jack to produce a nice string of mules.

This land will have good hunting on it and the adjoining government lands. It will also have a good stretch of year-round water running through it. Through it, not bordering, or kinda close, but though it where I own both banks.

I'd then buy enough machinery to do all I'd ever need to do on the place. From ag use to dirt work. I'd like to set up some kind of wind generation system that would make us as self contained as we could get.

Lots of ammunition and the makins. Lots of guns and parts.

If I had anything left over....?

In case of a national/global financial crisis I'm not so sold that gold is gonna be the thing to own. I want to be heavy in land.

Black Cows Matter!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I'd have fun blowing peoples minds...

Meet that bagger kid at the local grocery store who is trying to work and go to school, then secretly pay for his schooling...

Run into that dad working two jobs just to pay the mortgage and put food on the table. Pay his mortgage so he only needs one job and can have more time with his family.

Single mom trying to make it through school but cannot afford day care. Cover four years of daycare...

I'd have a ton of fun doing things like that and simply blowing peoples minds.

Hell, I would help out that stripper who is only striping to put herself through school, cause she has a heart of gold ya know.

Steve

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Go to Vegas and put it all on black

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Why not red?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Q
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Q
Most of us will never be "comfortable" so we dream of safari's, philanthropy, land, etc etc. We can't even view this question from your perspective I'm thinking.

So I would buy Elk Song Ranch, probably offer to pay Ross to hang around if he wanted to, and teach me about fine firearms, and hunting.

Then I would keep it/manage it as a hunting paradise for the less fortunate, wounded warriors, cancer victims, etc.

Last edited by QSX15; 07/13/12.

"When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol is a dead man."
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by stxhunter
help out those that deserved it, then buy a 70ft viking and fish every ocean in the world.
Huh. STX, most oceans don't have speckled trout and redfish. smirk

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by maddog
Go to AFRICA and spend a month on safari!! grin

maddog
No, go ten times.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
I would get A BUNCH of it out of dollars and into metal, land Homes, etc.
Then I would buy Logcutter a set of game bags, maybe 2 sets.
That tarp has to be nasty by now.
Then Deflave, BillyGoatGruff and I are headed to Asia for the guided trip flave has always promised. Guess they have hills and plants and stuff there. cool
Then we may come back, cause it's hunting season.

Get Logcutter a pair of boots, too...so he don't have to chase elk in his tenny-shooz!

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I would send TRH on a Texas deer shooting where he could sit in a little room overlooking a deer feeder so he could get some venison.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd buy a piece of property large enough for my family and friends to always have a place to relax, hunt, camp, atv, fish, tell jokes around a fire, mow trails, learn about life....I'd buy it close to one of the only places I know like that already, Chickenbuck, MN

My parents would never have to worry about money again.
My kids would have to learn about it, how to save it, spend it wisely, and most of all, how to earn it.

I'd also find a way to pay back those on the fire that have helped me when I've needed it, and some that haven't.

Church would get a good chunk.

A 1972 Ford Bronco would find it's way into the garage as well.

Last edited by tzone; 07/14/12.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, Aviator, 12 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 800 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.