Print Thread
Hop To
Page 940 of 1,842 1 2 938 939 940 941 942 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Thanks Bill. Not leaving for a while yet. Had to get the trans fluid flushed before I towed the boat that far.

I get to fix the wheel bearing and CV boot when I get home. So I have that going for me, which is nice. (bill murry voice)

Assuming this is your new truck T, my ex boss had those problems with his F-150 too. More than once. Wonder if its a flaw?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Kirk, thanks for the compiments. Cant wait to see you photos.

Yeah this odd thread is a civility fefuge for some reason.

I don't know why, but it works.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Our hard working farmer boy bought himself a nice used trail bike last night. Well he's paid for about 2/3 of it so far, mom and dad floated him the balance and he'll likely have it paid full in 2 weeks.

Pretty proud of him, setting a goal and working hard for this bike.

Nice little bike.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hate to bust the boys bubble, Dave, but in case you haven't noticed the pedals are missing. laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
grin

We already uncorked the exhaust, re-jetted and opened up the air box.

He's taking a day off from farming so he can ride with his buddies.

Nice to see him having some fun.

Good kid.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to see Nate got his dirt bike.

This was the best weekend ever!! 4 wheeling was great. Only one got stuck (not me), though afterwards his wheeler didn't want to run right. He worked on it for a while yesterday and he said it is running much better. Something about the hose to the carb or something like that. smile

Mom and dad had Avery for the weekend and they said she was very good. She was sure glad to see mom yesterday. smile I would love to get a camper so she could go with,

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Grandson took another 1st place in his age group in 3D shoot over the weekend. Son is taking him to the achery shop today to get his draw length adjusted. Said he's in another growth spurt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went on craigs list today & found a smaller toy hauler camper very cheap. Waiting to hear back from the guy, hope he still has it. If so I will probably be making a trip to Grand Forks to look at it.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Grandson took another 1st place in his age group in 3D shoot over the weekend. Son is taking him to the achery shop today to get his draw length adjusted. Said he's in another growth spurt.

Thats awesome Bill! He must have one of the new(er)youth bows that they make now where the draw length and weight is adjustable all the way to young adulthood?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That's what he has Rooster. Wyatts shooting a Bear bow. Son said he's having a problem with one of the pullies or cams popping out when he pulls hard. Wouldn't surprise me if my son springs for a different bow for him.

This is his last year in his age division and the kid in the nesxt age group out shot Wyatt by 100 points.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
That's what he has Rooster. Wyatts shooting a Bear bow. Son said he's having a problem with one of the pullies or cams popping out when he pulls hard. Wouldn't surprise me if my son springs for a different bow for him.

This is his last year in his age division and the kid in the nesxt age group out shot Wyatt by 100 points.

Bill,

Tell your son to take a serious look at the Diamond by Bowtech Razor Edge bow for your grandson.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2011_Diamond_Razor_Edge/youth_kids_bows_compound.htm

Last edited by Rooster7; 07/18/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll second the nod for the Razor. I picked up a used one so I could still shoot after a shoulder injury. Shoulder is better now, so I made a few adjustments and now the wife can shoot it.

Jeff

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Funny you should mention Bowtech Rooster. My son has a contact that can get Bowtech Blems at a great price.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 07/19/12.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Had a costly day yesterday. Spent the better part of the afternoon picking out carpet and tile.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
poor bastard....

grin

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Going to the Kid Rock, Skid Row, and Hinder concert today. Like 30 of us are taking a limo bus there. Perfect, nobody has to drive. Christy & Jon are going to have a house full, all but 4 are staying at their place. smile

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Party on! cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wowsers, sounds like a party!

Bill, you'll get no sympathy from me, aside from the cost, picking tile is kinda fun. I've been irrigating in 100+ degree heat all week. got home after 9 tonight, and saw we have a heck of a wildfire burning down the road.

here are a few teaser pics I got off the cam when I checked it today. you sure noone wants to come huntin out here? draw deadline is tomorrow.....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice bucks, Ryan. Working in that heat is a bish. We were in the high 90's.. Cooled off into the 70's the past 2 days and it feels great. Unfortunately it's back into the oven for us.

Heading to Deer Fest in Oshkosh tomorrow and temps are going to be in the low 90's.

Page 940 of 1,842 1 2 938 939 940 941 942 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.