-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I went to the Walmart (dammit) and ended up buying nothing. Was looking for sunglasses to go over these glasses I'm now wearing � preferably fishing sunglasses � and, as nobody offered to help me or were even around, I left. I pulled a hamstring and am not going to traipse all over that damned place looking for something they might not have. I'll buy online.

Anyway, walking out to the Blazer I saw a Ford Ranger with some of those bullet hole stickers on the bed. I thought, "Figures. Walmart."

Got closer and saw they were real bullet holes. Someone shot at their own truck, looked like! I thought, "Figures. Walmart."

Josh

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I haven't seen those stickers since the '60s. Didn't know they still made them.

New kid a work had a real bullet hole in the tailgate of his pickup. Smart ass lated only a week before he was fired.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That may have been my truck. The house did'nt make out too good either...

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
.44 mag?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You picked Wal-mart to shop in, didn't go to the courtesy counter to ask for help, and act like they are not performing their mission, hmmm.

Wal-mart is a big box discount store functioning with minimum staffing - you mistook it for a service oriented upscale retailer - and did so when you knew walking around was painful.

And how does the truck relate to Wal-mart?

O - I get it now - low class - just like you. Honestly, Wal-mart is not the definition of how low culture gets in America, the network news services fill that role.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably somebody leaving the scene of a meth deal gone bad.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not our fault you did not find an associate to help you. We are extremely short handed. Between taxes, regulations, healthcare, a hostile congress toward business and a huge desire to pump up the stock prices, we are working with a skeleton crew. It makes us look bad and we don't like it one bit but our opinion is not asked.

As far as bullet holes in the truck, we cater to an eclectic bunch of folks. Dumb rednecks are not excluded.

As far as sun glasses that fit over prescription glass, that would be special order item. You can take a look on Walmart. com but my guess is you will have to go online to a sunglasses company that carries that item. kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 07/22/12.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get Blue Blockers! Onliest sunglasses that come with their own theme song.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
You picked Wal-mart to shop in, didn't go to the courtesy counter to ask for help, and act like they are not performing their mission, hmmm.

Wal-mart is a big box discount store functioning with minimum staffing - you mistook it for a service oriented upscale retailer - and did so when you knew walking around was painful.

And how does the truck relate to Wal-mart?

O - I get it now - low class - just like you. Honestly, Wal-mart is not the definition of how low culture gets in America, the network news services fill that role.

In a nutshell very well explained.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
It's not our fault you did not find an associate to help you. We are extremely short handed. Between taxes, regulations, healthcare, a hostile congress toward business and a huge desire to pump up the stock prices, we are working with a skeleton crew. It makes us look bad and we don't like it one bit but our opinion is not asked.

As far as bullet holes in the truck, we cater to an eclectic bunch of folks. Dumb rednecks are not excluded.

As far as sun glasses that fit over prescription glass, that would be special order item. You can take a look on Walmart. com but my guess is you will have to go online to a sunglasses company that carries that item. kwg
I am a Vision Center Manager at Wal-Mart, and the sunglasses you speak of are not a special order item. If the store has a Vision Center (not all of them do) the sunglasses could have been found there marketed under the Polar Shield brand name, at a price of $24.00. The glasses are also carried in the Jewelry Department near the non-rx sunglasses, usually on the end of the row where all the sunglass frames are found. You may have also found them in the sporting goods department, as many of the Vision Center cross-merchandise these products there also.

As for the original poster's statement that he received no assistance upon entering the store, I'd ask if he was greeted by the door greeter when he entered the store. Had he asked that person where to find these sunglasses, he would have received assistance locating them. I'd also wonder if the store did in fact have a Vision Center, as we do try very hard to greet every customer immediately upon entering the Vision Center. I can't speak for every associate in every Wal-Mart store everywhere, but this is something that is always worked on at my store. Wal-Mart is well aware that we need to provide great customer service every time, but this kind of story is very unfortunate to hear. If you ever have any concerns about anything involving a visit to a Wal-Mart Store, please call 1-800-WALMART and you will be contacted by a member of management from that store, or someone else who will be happy to resolve your issue.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gopher is right, our store has them near the jewelry dept. It's usually not that hard to find an employee to ask.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can tell you we do not have them in Sporting Goods in our store. We also do not have greeters anymore. They were transfered to a different department or let go. Tonight from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm I was the Sporting Goods, Hardware and TLE (automotive) associate. I do everything but mix paint, mount tires and change oil. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Whoa, guys... it was a joke!

The part about it being Walmart explaining everything.

You know that site "People of Walmart"? Ours makes those people look classy.

They used to have excellent customer service here. Things took a turn for the worse in the economy and now they do not. The universe tends toward chaos and all that.

I was not out to offend and I stop at the Walmart if I need something quick and cheap. Also, I have muscular legs and the relaxed fit jeans they sell fit me best, about like regular jeans on others.

Some folks take the Walmart seriously I guess.

Josh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 17 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,649
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.