Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe
Admit it. You're just an internet persona. 53 year old fat single dude, unemployed and still living in his Mom's basement with a pair of Aviators...

Even if all that were true, the coolness of the aviators would trump the other factors.

GFY.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunner500
Was feeling kinda bad Travis, I hadn't had a good GFY in about a week or so, Thanks Main. grin

Gunner

It's Monday, and GFY.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ingwe
Admit it. You're just an internet persona. 53 year old fat single dude, unemployed and still living in his Mom's basement with a pair of Aviators...

Even if all that were true, the coolness of the aviators would trump the other factors.

GFY.

Travis

Only if it were this pair of aviators...

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I strive to remain turdlike your Poobahship....

so, in the spirit of the Turdlike clan, GFY! grin

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's close enough for me, poobah.

I just threw the poser pair out the window.

Thanks.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
I strive to remain turdlike your Poobahship....

so, in the spirit of the Turdlike clan, GFY! grin

Hey! Hey! Hey! Myself and GFY are not affiliated with you turd [bleep]. That is owned and copyrighted by *deflave inc.

Now GFY.

Travis

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Ackman:

I don�t really give a hoot what loads YOU use. I have long regarded you as one of the most unreliable sources of advice I have come across on the internet, and I wouldn�t take your advice on how to tie my boot laces let alone how to go about loading ammo. My concern is that inexperienced reloaders will take your extravagant velocity claims as being indicative of what they can expect to achieve.

Unlike you, I don�t think that I�m �judgementally gifted� at all � I�m just someone who has done a lot of reloading over the last forty five years or so, associated with a number of other very experienced reloaders, and researched the subject plenty. Over that time, I have seen and heard of more than a few reloading catastrophes. Most of them have been the result of shooters using loads with powder charges over recommended maximums, and/or loads that were producing velocities well above what any reputable loading manual showed as being reasonably achievable.

Basically, the shooters concerned were working on the much-vaunted theory that if they had shot a particular load a few times and nothing had come apart, then it was quite OK to go on using it. Problem was, they had effectively used up nearly all the safety margins included in the maximum loads listed in the manufacturers� manuals, so when some combinations of factors stacked up to cause significant pressure rises, they were in big trouble.

All my experience and observations tell me that pushing loads for every last bit of velocity means taking significant risks for very little practical benefit � and if you don�t like me saying so, HARD CHEESE!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redrover
Ackman:

I don�t really give a hoot what loads YOU use. I have long regarded you as one of the most unreliable sources of advice I have come across on the internet, and I wouldn�t take your advice on how to tie my boot laces let alone how to go about loading ammo. My concern is that inexperienced reloaders will take your extravagant velocity claims as being indicative of what they can expect to achieve.

Unlike you, I don�t think that I�m �judgementally gifted� at all � I�m just someone who has done a lot of reloading over the last forty five years or so, associated with a number of other very experienced reloaders, and researched the subject plenty. Over that time, I have seen and heard of more than a few reloading catastrophes. Most of them have been the result of shooters using loads with powder charges over recommended maximums, and/or loads that were producing velocities well above what any reputable loading manual showed as being reasonably achievable.

Basically, the shooters concerned were working on the much-vaunted theory that if they had shot a particular load a few times and nothing had come apart, then it was quite OK to go on using it. Problem was, they had effectively used up nearly all the safety margins included in the maximum loads listed in the manufacturers� manuals, so when some combinations of factors stacked up to cause significant pressure rises, they were in big trouble.

All my experience and observations tell me that pushing loads for every last bit of velocity means taking significant risks for very little practical benefit � and if you don�t like me saying so, HARD CHEESE!

WOW, holy sheep dip. This is gonna be funny.

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Ackman:

WOW, holy sheep dip. This is gonna be funny.

Swifty

Sheep dip is right.......the guy's in New Zealand.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ackman:

******* Gosh. You sure told me.......

******** Gosh. A ex-purt, seen it all.

********* Gosh. A ex-purt allright.

HARD CHEESE....no kidding(?!). Must be New Zealand speak.

It's true you aren't judgmentally gifted. And you're a dipsh*t.

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
HARD CHEESE....no kidding(?!). Must be New Zealand speak.

Yes - being polite.

It's true you aren't judgmentally gifted. And you're a dipsh*t.

Don't waste your time calling me names - feeble attempts at insult from people like you don't move me in the slightest.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
Was feeling kinda bad Travis, I hadn't had a good GFY in about a week or so, Thanks Main. grin

Gunner

It's Monday, and GFY.

Travis

I knew I could count on a friend to be there in a time of need. shocked laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

"Look, I don�t really care if you and like-minded people regularly load all your ammo to pressures just below the level where things start coming apart. What DOES concern me is that some inexperienced reloaders will read this sort of stuff and think that super-fast loads are what they must aspire to, and get themselves into a heap of trouble."

So thankfully you have decided to appoint YOURSELF as the saviour to save them from all of this potential self harm...

you're a hell of a guy Rover...

sad that we have only been able to enjoy a MEER 60 or so posts of all your available knowledge in the past 10 years since you first registered..

I mean knowing this much, we are starved for someone such as yourself to set us all straight... Personally I am totally amazed I haven't killed myself doing all of this reloading stuff over time here...or others...

thank you tremendously for the enlightenment and encouragement..you're the man!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

"I don�t really give a hoot what loads YOU use. I have long regarded you as one of the most unreliable sources of advice I have come across on the internet, and I wouldn�t take your advice on how to tie my boot laces let alone how to go about loading ammo. My concern is that inexperienced reloaders will take your extravagant velocity claims as being indicative of what they can expect to achieve."

another assessment that you were able to make after posting 68 times in the last 10 years? your abilities are truly amazing and awe inspiring...

you don't happen to live in Coos Bay and have a short son up in Craig AK do ya?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is it true somebody doesn't know who I am?

You can all GFY.

Travis

We ran a fast poll.... everyone knew who you were, but only 3 would acknowledge it openly....

so the three that did, told everyone else to GFT(themselves) in YOUR honor... grin

( that was Ingwe, Marty and Me.... whistle)

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Seafire:
I've been waiting for somebody to come up with the old "The measure of a man's knowledge is how many posts he has made to the Campfire." line of drivel.

Nothing else in your last three consective posts is worth a response.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Seafire:
I've been waiting for somebody to come up with the old "The measure of a man's knowledge is how many posts he has made to the Campfire." line of drivel.

but you felt the need to post anyway and tell me so... so evidently you thought it was worth a response...

sort of a contradiction isn't it?

( oh and the word is consecutive.. try using your spell check...)

and it isn't the post count on how much you know or don't... the post count sort of tells if you've been around here long enough to claim yourself as an 'expert'.. because we don't necessarily take someone's word for it... as in your case...

case in point.... I had a member tell me one time that his grandfather had been driving in Montana for 60 plus years...
and he had honed being a BAD driver to sharp point after 60+ years....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire

case in point.... I had a member tell me one time that his grandfather had been driving in Montana for 60 plus years...
and he had honed being a BAD driver to sharp point after 60+ years....

Yes. Like this redrover ex-purt who claims to have reloaded for about 45yrs, has "associated with a number of other experienced reloaders" (wow), and "researched..."(impressive) . In his own mind he's justified in ass-uming that others don't know what they're doing.....that he's the one to be telling them what's what. He needs to stop making ass-umptions. And learn to tie his boots.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seafire:

Dude, thanx for [bleep] up a good thread. For that GFY.

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I had the 53gr. TSX's clocking 3,400fps yesterday. Out of a 16" tube...

But I think that is a little warm.

Travis

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 163bc, 1badf350, 219DW, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,488
Posts18,529,743
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.