Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 942 of 1,842 1 2 940 941 942 943 944 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gotta love it when you catch a fish and it brings you bait cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Friends of mine had some of their solar lights stolen about a month ago. They found the kids who did it. Last weekend 6 more were gone. Lastnight when I got home I noticed the 3 I had by the little garage were gone. I called the sheriffs dept and they are coming over this afternoon when I get off work. If this is the same bunch of kids they need to make them do some community service or something. On their last spree they also broke into the pawn shop and stole a bunch of knives. My friends tire on their camper was slashed, and the same ones who stole their solar lights admited they slashed the tire too. Where are the parents? They need to make sure their kids are not running around town after cerfew.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That sucks.

It's very frustrating dealing with kids that do this stuff. Very few of them would act like this as individuals but you put a few of them together and it almost seems like they have to try to prove themselves to each other by doing the stupidest things imaginable.

And the parents.... Well, my opinion is that they are to blame.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave hit the nail on the head with this one. My son had his solar lights riped off and I've had mine pulled out, but not taken.

Muffy, did you ever check out the toy hauler you were interested in?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We had problems with "kids" (17 year olds)breaking into our garage when we lived in town. Started off with them taking beer etc. out of the fridge, which led to stealing fireworks and other misc small items. Then they made the mistake of taking all my tools and my fishing tackle. mad I had to do my own investigating that summer because the town "police" were too worried about "upsetting anyones parents" and told me these kids all have a pact and would never talk so I should just let it go. Well golly gee officer, that is just not in my nature to "just let it go" when I feel I have been violated.

Its amazing how bad they want to talk when you have one of them lifted off the ground by his neck and pinned up against a brick wall in an alley! Got the theifs name and tried talking to his Dad who was a worthless slob that told me that "his kid gets in a lot of trouble but its never his fault. Just like the time he broke an entering and stole someones prescription pills off their table. He just did that because he thought it was payment for the $20.00 he lended to help the poor pregnant woman put gas in her car so she could get to the doctor. Thats how nice my kid is"

I got a county detective involved after that and ended up getting all my stuff back minus some rapala's. The kid got juvy. The detective told me that he wished more people would stand up and do something like I did because they ended up solving 27 burgalry cases in the county just off the info I obtained in the alley that night.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
grin

love a happy ending.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Its amazing how bad they want to talk when you have one of them lifted off the ground by his neck and pinned up against a brick wall in an alley!

As my friend ND says....Sometime violence IS the answer.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ok. seriously now. any thoughts on differences between .270 and 30.06? just found a dandy i was thinking bout picking up. help me out. i got a .270 i am thinking about trading for 30.06 if all goes well

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
ok. seriously now. any thoughts on differences between .270 and 30.06? just found a dandy i was thinking bout picking up. help me out. i got a .270 i am thinking about trading for 30.06 if all goes well

270's are great, but you just can't go wrong with an 06.

Let the fireworks begin. laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Dave hit the nail on the head with this one. My son had his solar lights riped off and I've had mine pulled out, but not taken.

Muffy, did you ever check out the toy hauler you were interested in?

Not that one. I sent a guy an email about another one. Waiting for a response to see if I can look at it tomorrow if he still has it

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Golly gee whiz, I thought everyone knew that both 270s and ought sixes were no good fer nothin'!

Here is my best honest answer: Both are fantastic calibers for everything up through a whitetail...nothing is better IMO (although there are a lot of other calibers equally as good). Both will work very well for everything up through a moose if you are smart about bullet weight and selection and do not attempt less than ideal shots (nor should you with other calibers either). I think the biggest key with those 2 calibers on the larger game end of the spectrum (elk, moose) is buy a good quality boolit like a TSX or equivalent. Also, know your ballistic charts both in terms of drop but also in energy. A 270 shooting a 150 grain bullet may not have the ooomph (that is a technical term there..."ooomph") out at long ranges (400 yards +) for some of the larger game. There are a gazillion (that is an accounting term there...."gazillion") bullet style/weight/manufacturer options out there for those calibers.

Good luck and I for one would love to see pictures of the new purchase!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

What do you mean "trade"?

You need both.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
if all works out well, i won't have to trade, it was just a quick thought that went through my mind. i didn't like it either. can always use another.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If they made a 31-06, I'd buy one. grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Check with the Preacher, he may have one of the experimentals laying around from the Swamp Squid arms testing

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I tried a bunch of calibers for deer and pigs before settling on the .308 about 20 years ago.Been my mainstay ever since.
If you ever get into 45/70..well let's just say it is highly addictive.Notice my tag line.
Between the .308 and the 45/70 I'm covered for anything.
I bought and installed a panel for my sliding glass door that has a built in doggie door so that the pups can come and go at will.What a neat contraption!!
As to the comparison between .270 and 30-06,the 30-06 has the greatest amount of bullet weights available.You can go from 125 grain bullets all the way to 225 grain.
Hot ad the dickens here today.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
how much western hunting are you going to do for elk or moose? If it is a whitetail gun, I dont know that there is a substantial difference. If you are going to do a lot of elk hunting....slight edge to the 06.

You can go to Federal's website and compare the ballistics side by side. That might be helpful. I think you can pick 3 to compare, so pick another one too(7 mag? 300 Mag? 308?).

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
if all works out well, i won't have to trade, it was just a quick thought that went through my mind. i didn't like it either. can always use another.

What you really need Bushy is a 280 or 280AI. Still wish I had my 280.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Redneck is buildingmme a .280 Rem. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I think he said mid august last time we talked.

Buschy, I've shot nearly all my deer with an aught 6, a few with a .280, thee or four with a .308, and one with a .270

The one with a .270 is the fastest kill I've ever had. I shot and could see legs in the air before the recoil was done. It was stone dead, on his back with feet in the air. The only thing missing was the sunglasses and cigeratte.

Last edited by tzone; 07/25/12.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
legs in the air on her back . The only thing missing was the sunglasses and cigeratte.

You know my old girl friend?? laugh laugh

Page 942 of 1,842 1 2 940 941 942 943 944 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (338reddog, 7mm_Loco, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 18 invisible), 1,612 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.