Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Why Anarchy will never truly work. It will always be dominated and ruled, while they sit there and ask what just happened?

"We ignored them, why'd they subjugate us!?" crazy

Head in the sand is not a wise position as it leaves your backside sky high!
Without touching your anarchy red herring, don't you think the suggestion that Iran, a backwards third world nation, constitutes a viable threat to the United States just a bit silly?

Wow!

My double digit IQ opinion ...

I think, although I'm not quite sure, the threat comes from a backwards third world nation obtaining nuclear weapons.

HAJ, is that it?

Having nuclear weapons is one thing delivering them is another thing.

Obviously, you favor gun control.

No, I don't favor new gun control laws. You're putting words in my mouth.

But ...

I'm smart enough to know that it doesn't take a sophisticated delivery system to put a nuke on US soil.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude

You really don't understand anarchy. If you really think anarchists will just sit around and do nothing to defend themselves you are nuttier than I think you are. What anarchists won't do is involve ourselves in other peoples business. Anarchy is about minding one's own business and voluntary cooperation.

I never suggested that they'd just sit around and do nothing. I certainly suggest that they lack the ability to present a unified front and to build a deterrence. The mass organization is lacking.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Why Anarchy will never truly work. It will always be dominated and ruled, while they sit there and ask what just happened?

Without touching your anarchy red herring, don't you think the suggestion that Iran, a backwards third world nation, constitutes a viable threat to the United States just a bit silly?

What IS incredibly silly is your naive question, it almost defies credulity. Iran can and in a very short time, completely disrupt the world's oil supply that even if it didn't affect us would cause a complete encomic collapse of the majority of our trading parteners, in turn causing our economy to collapse even further. Not to mention is if once they can deliver nukes (and forget Israel for now), to their arch-enemy Iraq and destroy their oil refining capabilites, an even bigger catastrophe WILL ensue. Apparently you've swallowed the dangerously idiotic notion RP (the kook) has that all we need are a few submarines.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wow!

I think, although I'm not quite sure, the threat comes from a backwards third world nation obtaining nuclear weapons.

HAJ, is that it?

There are different kinds of threats that are reality. We have vulnerabilities that are very well established and known in our infrastructure.

An Iran with Strategic Nukes isn't the real threat. It's the tactical nukes supplied to terrorist groups backed by Iran that's one possible threat.

Iran, China and Russia are well established bed buddies. Russia has openly supported Iran in it's weapons endeavors. They share experience and knowledge. The same with China.

An Iran with the ability to supply terrorist groups with this experience and knowledge is a threat to the whole Western World. It's not just in the shape of nukes. It's cyber, economic, electrical grids, etc etc etc...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
A single high-altiltude electromagnetic pulse from a nuclear detonation could do a lot of damage to the US. Launching it off the deck of an oil freighter along one of our coasts would make it hard to intercept and difficult to tell where it came from. The Iranians are just crazy enough to try a stunt like this knowing full well that MAD applies.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You are rapidly attaining Derby Dude levels of stupidness...

Wow!

HAJ, is that it?
Both the Soviet Union and Red China had them, far more than Iran will ever likely acquire, and yet somehow the US survived.

You are know in DD level of stupidness...

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/31/12.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

What IS incredibly silly is your naive question, it almost defies credulity. Iran can and in a very short time, completely disrupt the world's oil supply that even if it didn't affect us would cause a complete encomic collapse of the majority of our trading parteners, in turn causing our economy to collapse even further. Not to mention is if once they can deliver nukes (and forget Israel for now), to their arch-enemy Iraq and destroy their oil refining capabilites, an even bigger catastrophe WILL ensue. Apparently you've swallowed the dangerously idiotic notion RP (the kook) has that all we need are a few submarines, some apologies, and a hug.

Added the rest of the RP sentiment...

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NeBassman
A single high-altiltude electromagnetic pulse from a nuclear detonation could do a lot of damage to the US. Launching it off the deck of an oil freighter along one of our coasts would make it hard to intercept and difficult to tell where it came from. The Iranians are just crazy enough to try a stunt like this knowing full well that MAD applies.

Nah. Those who rise to positions of real state power are never true religious fanatics. Power hunger operates against true religious fanaticism. The true religious fanatics are used by such people, but the powerful themselves wish to remain alive so they can continue to enjoy the manifold privileges of power. It's essentially a law of human nature. Suggestions to the contrary are propaganda, plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both the Soviet Union and Red China had them, far more than Iran will ever likely acquire, and yet somehow the US survived.

You're correct. "Somehow" the US survived.

Are you willing to trust the freakin' rag heads with nukes?

And ... numbers don't matter. It only takes one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We have a missile defense network that would make that approach difficult.

More likely, and proven to already be a M.O., they would build the EMP here in the States from scratch. The delivery system? Well, that needs to be no more complex than a weather balloon....

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nah. Those who rise to positions of real state power are never true religious fanatics. Power hunger operates against true religious fanaticism. The true religious fanatics are used by such people, but the powerful themselves wish to remain alive so they can continue to enjoy the manifold privileges of power. It's essentially a law of human nature. Suggestions to the contrary are propaganda, plain and simple.

That's why they use other groups to do their dirty work. Plausible deniability. Follow the money man!

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You are know in DD level of stupidness...
Considering the spelling and grammar employed, that's the height of irony. grin

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Two blunderbuss-armed enemies in a room full of TNT could say the same thing, I suppose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We have a missile defense network that would make that approach difficult.

More likely, and proven to already be a M.O., they would build the EMP here in the States from scratch. The delivery system? Well, that needs to be no more complex than a weather balloon....

They don't need to go that large scale though.

Bomb a subway.
Bomb a school, a park, anything.
Poison a small town water supply...

Somehow the RP guys think that just because nobody is going to take us over, they are no threat.

9/11 was not an attempt to take us out, but it was a coordinated attack nonetheless and American's died as a result. This is somehow acceptable to RP'er's when compared to the military-industrial complex...

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

That's why they use other groups to do their dirty work. Plausible deniability. Follow the money man!
laugh You think that would stop the US war machine from turning the entire Middle East into a giant glass parking lot after a nuke strike on US soil? They don't think that either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the Iranian students were protesting for change 2 years ago and the regime started killing them and Mr. O REFUSED to even say "stop killing your kids", it was obvious where his sympathy lies.

If things are going the moslem way, Mr. O says it's progress but when they start killing their kids he says nothing. When they over throw a government, it's good.

I'm not liking the looks of the future. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, not at all.

What I'm saying is that the idea that Iran's foreign policy is "none of our business" is a head in the sand position.

Case by case, TRH. That's my approach.

For example. India and Pakistan have been in an arms race for a while now. Is that our business?

Well, Pakistan harbors people that seek to do us harm. These weapons that the Pakistani Government are racing to build in order to defend themselves from India, somehow keep finding their way into the hands of those that wish to do us harm.

The conflict between India and Pakistan may not be our business, but the fallout from such a conflict is certainly worth us keeping an eye on.

Iran has a very well established posture and position in which it has repeatedly and clearly stated that it would like to harm Western Culture.

You are a big proponent of "following the money" yet you do not apply it to the dealings of Iran. If you had, you'd see that Iran is funding every group out there that seeks to harm Westerners.

Small bands of marauders in and of themselves may not be able to conquer a nation, but with the right equipment, planning, and financial backing, they sure can bring one to it's knee's.

Iran is not going to invade American soil with uniformed Military any day soon. They are however - and they make no bones about it - working towards the demise of Western Culture.

This has nothing to do with American World-Policism, it has everything to do with our National Security.

Fear is a wonderful thing for the international bankers.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh You think that would stop the US war machine from turning the entire Middle East into a giant glass parking lot after a nuke strike on US soil? They don't think that either.

Sadly, I do. Consider Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. We knew the attacks of 9/11 came from those places. Yet, they are not glass parking lots...

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Sadly, I do. Consider Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. We knew the attacks of 9/11 came from those places. Yet, they are not glass parking lots...
Nor has anyone detonated a nuke on US soil, other than the US military, that is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Two blunderbuss armed enemies in a room full of TNT could say the same thing, I suppose.

You're ignoring one key difference in the mentality of jihadists.

They're more than willing to fire a blunderbuss in a room full of TNT.

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16gage, 58 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,469
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.