Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
HAJ, it seems you never read the article that this thread is about.

Yes sir, I have. Like I said though, nukes are a small part of the big picture. I think Romney's getting a view of the big picture and knowing the power that the phrase "nuclear weapons" brings to the table, that's where his kind are making their stance.

I just wish somebody on the National Stage would stop insulting American intelligence and explain that it's a far bigger issue than some nuclear capability. Then again, maybe the average American just lacks the ability to comprehend this, and that's why politicians resort to using "catch phrases".

It's not the face of Iran that scares me, it's the heart. Is it true that a Nuclear Iran is a threat to us? YES! Is it also true that a non-nuclear Iran is a threat to us? YES!

Does that mean we need to go to war with the Nation of Iran? NO!

We just need to stop kidding ourselves and fall for the idea that this is all because of Operation Ajax. That operation was a catalyst in a movement that is far older than Western Culture....

?????

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

your premise that we started it, is a fallacy.

I've noticed you have a great talent to read a post and take away a meaning that isn't there.

You mean you don't believe that interventionism is to blame?

Because, that's pretty much the argument posited above...

that's a different animal than saying we started it.

but that is the crux of much of these arguments - anything short of a long term decades long engagement is the equivalent to cutting and run - another idea embedded into the American psyche.

My question is - at what point does our support for a never ending engagement actually force change? When our country's credit rating is shot because of debt? When a loaf of bread is $7 or a gallon of gas is $15? When we can't build a bridge or pave a road? When we shutter police stations, schools and VA hospitals? At what level of pain do we have to suffer before Americans with your perspective say "enough - we're leaving and getting out of this craziness".

Because I believe we can both say that what we are doing is unsustainable yet the middle east issue is never ending. For that matter our world dominance is never ending. Its an ongoing maintenance program costing hundreds of billions if not a trillion+ yearly.

How does that get resolved before our country is tanked and China becomes the worlds newest (and perhaps only) superpower?

Last edited by KFWA; 07/31/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rkamp

Yes sir, I have. Like I said though, nukes are a small part of the big picture. I think Romney's getting a view of the big picture and knowing the power that the phrase "nuclear weapons" brings to the table, that's where his kind are making their stance.

I just wish somebody on the National Stage would stop insulting American intelligence and explain that it's a far bigger issue than some nuclear capability. Then again, maybe the average American just lacks the ability to comprehend this, and that's why politicians resort to using "catch phrases".

It's not the face of Iran that scares me, it's the heart. Is it true that a Nuclear Iran is a threat to us? YES! Is it also true that a non-nuclear Iran is a threat to us? YES!

We just need to stop kidding ourselves and fall for the idea that this is all because of Operation Ajax. That operation was a catalyst in a movement that is far older than Western Culture....

?????

Operation Ajax = Kook definition of Interventionism.

Interventionism is to blame for all our problems.

The threat of nukes is the rallying cry of interventionist.

These are the arguments that are posited ad nauseum around here. The problem is that they simply aren't grounded in facts.

Just because people like Romney and others see Iran for the threat that they are, doesn't mean that War is the only answer.

Just because we perceive and address a threat doesn't mean that we are interventionist.

The article was basically saying that Romney is being swayed into warmongering because Israel doesn't play nice with it's neighbors.

That's just head in the sand crackpot lunacy. Israel isn't our enemy. Israel doesn't get us into fights. Threats do, period.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
YES

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

?????

Operation Ajax = Kook definition of Interventionism.

Interventionism is to blame for all our problems.

The threat of nukes is the rallying cry of interventionist.

These are the arguments that are posited ad nauseum around here. The problem is that they simply aren't grounded in facts.

Just because people like Romney and others see Iran for the threat that they are, doesn't mean that War is the only answer.

Just because we perceive and address a threat doesn't mean that we are interventionist.

The article was basically saying that Romney is being swayed into warmongering because Israel doesn't play nice with it's neighbors.

That's just head in the sand crackpot lunacy. Israel isn't our enemy. Israel doesn't get us into fights. Threats do, period.

Why didn't you just say so.

Let Israel play with their neighbors anyway they like, just pay their own way. They can afford it.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Where's Steve_NO to tell me I'm a Joo hater? lol

you do a pretty good job without any help.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Maybe you could elaborate on that a bit for me, as this is exactly what it's been used to say around here...

but that is the crux of much of these arguments - anything short of a long term decades long engagement is the equivalent to cutting and run - another idea embedded into the American psyche.

I disagree. Americans have no problem with cutting and running. I will agree with the idea that Nation Building is not strategically advantageous. Hunt and kill is.

Either strategy can become very time consuming and labor intensive. The difference is one is wasteful and unproductive, and the other is the essence of security.

My question is - at what point does our support for a never ending engagement actually force change? When our country's credit rating is shot because of debt? When a loaf of bread is $7 or a gallon of gas is $15? When we can't build a bridge or pave a road? When we shutter police stations, schools and VA hospitals? At what level of pain do we have to suffer before Americans with your perspective say "enough - we're leaving and getting out of this craziness".

The root of the problems that you are referring to has to do with the culture of endless spending in Washington. It doesn't matter if we bring all our military actions to an end, the politicians will find other things to do with that money. They sure as hell won't just be giving it back to us. Defense Spending needs to be addressed. There is no question about that. There is a lot of waste involved. I'm happy to say that I have a job now where I examine efficiency in military operations in order to cut out waste. It's nice to be a part of the solution rather than the problem.

The priority given to the Federal Government is to keep Americans safe. That's one of the reasons we switched from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution. We The People demanded security. We even permitted the collection of taxes specifically for that reason. In a perfect world, Defense Spending wouldn't be 20% of our Federal Budget, it would be almost 100% of our Federal Budget (the founders saw some value in spending on the arts and sciences as well). Now, that Federal Budget would be a mere fraction of what it is today, but the point is, our Constitution is clear that the purpose of taxation is for the security of the Nation.

Ceasing all Military action would not enhance our security one bit, nor would it fix the culture of spending in Washington.

Because I believe we can both say that what we are doing is unsustainable yet the middle east issue is never ending.
Yes, I can agree that the culture of spending in Washington is unsustainable and that threats to a free society are never ending.

For that matter our world dominance is never ending. Its an ongoing maintenance program costing hundreds of billions if not a trillion+ yearly.

Defense spending needs to be addressed. Yes.
National Defense and infrastructure are the real only reasons any spending should be happening at all, though. Never compromise on security.

How does that get resolved before our country is tanked and China becomes the worlds newest (and perhaps only) superpower?

Reign in Washinton, unleash America. wink

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Maybe you could elaborate on that a bit for me, as this is exactly what it's been used to say around here...

I disagree. Americans have no problem with cutting and running. I will agree with the idea that Nation Building is not strategically advantageous. Hunt and kill is.

Either strategy can become very time consuming and labor intensive. The difference is one is wasteful and unproductive, and the other is the essence of security.

The root of the problems that you are referring to has to do with the culture of endless spending in Washington. It doesn't matter if we bring all our military actions to an end, the politicians will find other things to do with that money. They sure as hell won't just be giving it back to us. Defense Spending needs to be addressed. There is no question about that. There is a lot of waste involved. I'm happy to say that I have a job now where I examine efficiency in military operations in order to cut out waste. It's nice to be a part of the solution rather than the problem.

The priority given to the Federal Government is to keep Americans safe. That's one of the reasons we switched from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution. We The People demanded security. We even permitted the collection of taxes specifically for that reason. In a perfect world, Defense Spending wouldn't be 20% of our Federal Budget, it would be almost 100% of our Federal Budget (the founders saw some value in spending on the arts and sciences as well). Now, that Federal Budget would be a mere fraction of what it is today, but the point is, our Constitution is clear that the purpose of taxation is for the security of the Nation.

Ceasing all Military action would not enhance our security one bit, nor would it fix the culture of spending in Washington.

Because I believe we can both say that what we are doing is unsustainable yet the middle east issue is never ending.
Yes, I can agree that the culture of spending in Washington is unsustainable and that threats to a free society are never ending.

For that matter our world dominance is never ending. Its an ongoing maintenance program costing hundreds of billions if not a trillion+ yearly.

Defense spending needs to be addressed. Yes.
National Defense and infrastructure are the real only reasons any spending should be happening at all, though. Never compromise on security.

Reign in Washinton, unleash America. wink

I hope you don't do the finances in your household.

Last edited by rkamp; 07/31/12.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

According to the Constitution, what's the purpose of the Federal Government?

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll help...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll help...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Boy that Iraq was sure a threat...

It's all a fuggin crock o' schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Purpose of Congress?

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Looks like mostly National Defense and Infrastructure to me!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I'll help...

Boy that Iraq was sure a threat...

It's all a fuggin crock o' schit.

Yep, it was!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about the purpose of a President?

Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

Hmmm, that's an awful lot of National Defense speak in there....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll help...

You are a bit delusional if you can contort that vague reference into the current marriage of federal government, finance, and business.

Our primary handler is socialist Israel and our primary lender is fast becoming Communist China. You do have a definition of Socialism and Communism handy don't you?

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I made no such attempt to contort the Nation as founded to the current state of affairs.

Israel our primary handler!? That's rich!

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
How much are you paid to hang out here, HAJ?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

According to the Constitution, what's the purpose of the Federal Government?
Just read Section 8 of Article I. Doesn't say anything about the Defense of Israel in there?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Raisuli
rattler,

I'd love to hear your take on history, especially American history. God knows how many times Steve_No & his lemmings, especially Baby Huey, have tried to revise it.

R

Yeah, good luck backing that claim up, Mr. The-Whitehouse-Was-Stormed-By-The-Brits-In-1812....

laughlaugh

During the War of 1812, British not only stormed the White House, they burned it. Madison had to escape in the middle of the night because British troop were going to hang him.

It just goes to prove that you're a died-in-the-wool noecon liberal prone to revising history to suit your leftist agenda.

R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How much are you paid to hang out here, HAJ?

Not a red cent. Think I can convince Rick to hook me up!? grin

Turdlike, by default.
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 70 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,889
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.