Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Translation: I don't live in Conspiracyland....

Reality is what it is TRH. It still impresses me to no degree that you have such distrust for our Government and so much faith in Iran, a Government that has stated time and time again that they desire to see us eliminated....

At least our Government somewhat attempts to hide the fact that they want to subject us to their self declared sovereignty.
There you go again, propagandist. You clearly have no honor.
I would say a new low, but since I have increasingly limited time (or desire due to this exact type of thing?) to spend on here, I'm sure I've missed some real pearls.... thank God. Pathetic.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm voting for Mitt. I knew I would from the start.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

Translation: I don't live in Conspiracyland....

Reality is what it is TRH. It still impresses me to no degree that you have such distrust for our Government and so much faith in Iran, a Government that has stated time and time again that they desire to see us eliminated....

At least our Government somewhat attempts to hide the fact that they want to subject us to their self declared sovereignty.
There you go again, propagandist. You clearly have no honor.
I would say a new low, but since I have increasingly limited time (or desire due to this exact type of thing?) to spend on here, I'm sure I've missed some real pearls.... thank God. Pathetic.
How fair-minded of you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You know, Hawk, a lot of people here put up with you despite your bat-schit craziness because most of the time you're polite about it.

But sometimes that slips. Impugning HAJ's honor...

Azz-wipe.

Pretty much says it all right there. There are thousands of Campfire members I'd love to spend a little time around a real campfire with and I've had the pleasure with somewhere around 50 if I could count them all but if TRH, DD or a couple others showed up I'd get up and walk away since it's only a matter of time until one of these guys tin foil hat slips and they go nuts.

No fear of that of course since they'll never show up anywhere outside the virtual world.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You know, Hawk, a lot of people here put up with you despite your bat-schit craziness because most of the time you're polite about it.

But sometimes that slips. Impugning HAJ's honor...

Azz-wipe.

Pretty much says it all right there. There are thousands of Campfire members I'd love to spend a little time around a real campfire with and I've had the pleasure with somewhere around 50 if I could count them all but if TRH, DD or a couple others showed up I'd get up and walk away since it's only a matter of time until one of these guys tin foil hat slips and they go nuts.

No fear of that of course since they'll never show up anywhere outside the virtual world.

None of them would ever have the balls...they are pathetic losers...think they are something with the only thing they own to defend themselves with is a keyboard. None of them will ever offer to show up to a meet and greet....they aren't Men

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
so the argument is that our government is just going to spend the money on something, might as well be long term military engagements?

we are truly screwed as a nation if this is the fall back position on military spending.

No, now who's reading something into what isn't there? smile

The argument is that the Government is supposed to spend money on National Defense.

Nation Building (currently what's happening in Afghanistan) is not in the interest of National Defense.

Seek and destroy threats is in the interest of National Defense.

That's premise number one.

Premise number two is that HOW we are spending money on National Defense is flawed and certainly needs to be addressed.

Premise number three is that Iran is a threat and needs to be addressed. A Nuclear Iran will be much harder to address.

Premise number four is that our weakness is in our culture of spending in Washington. That's what has weakened us in regards to a Global Superpower. The heavy burden of taxation the Federal Gov exerts on the private sector economy has driven industry to such places as China. The wasteful spending conducted by Washington has left us unable to compete.

but you still won't address the main question - are we supposed to spend money we don't have on national defense?

and your response was basically to say that Washington is going to spend money we don't have anyways, so make it on defense. That's a cop out that avoids the question.

Yes or no - is there a limit to the debt we incur and the sacrifice we'll make in order to maintain a presence in the middle east and the world militarily?

btw, when Reagan was president the tax rate on the wealthy was hovering near 50% and we had arguably the largest military expansion per capita since WWII. He still couldn't do it without deficit spending. I'm not sure the taxation argument has any merit.

The reality is that 1 out of 2 people in this country are at the poverty level and we have 10K a day people retiring, many of which depend on Social Security to support them. The idea that we can change the culture of spending in Washington against a voting public depending on Washington spending isn't going to fly. The reason I throw that in is because to say we can continue to spend on military by diverting waste and entitlement spending isn't reality.

And HOW the government spends military money may be a debate but for every person who thinks we can't allow a nuclear Iran, they'll be another that tells us why we can't close the base in Korea, or Japan.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/31/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
of course there is....you nutters act like there are only extremes.

the US has to react to each threat, based on what we know when we have to act. and we cannot afford NOT to do what is necessary, when it is necessary.

the hard part is making the calls, and that problem isn't answered by stupid slogans. the paulist solution is....there are no threats....nanananaanananananana....I'm not listening.

as if the bad men will just be nice if we ignore them.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so put Steve_NO down for the "we can't afford not to spend whatever we have to in order to protect Israel" column

big shock for everyone I'm sure.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
killing every Jew in Israel....while it would certainly bring out the party hats for some people.....would do absolutely nothing to blunt the Islamofascist assault on the west in general and the US in particular. it would only eliminate one of their convenient issues......Muslims were invading Europe and killing infidels for more than a thousand years without the excuse of a state of Israel.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yea, those Muslims and their westward attack on America...they've come here to attack us by the *dozens* in the last 100 years.

There is no threat to Israel that you wouldn't want America to spend their last dime on to defend. That is the bottom line.
All the cutesy anti-Semitic labels thrown at people that question it won't slow that reality down.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Steve_NO is Jewish perhaps.

I simply don't give a [bleep] about 'Israel'.

Got nothing to do with me, or America.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
so put Steve_NO down for the "we can't afford not to spend whatever we have to in order to protect Israel" column

I never would have guessed that would be his position on the matter. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yea, those Muslims and their westward attack on America...they've come here to attack us by the *dozens*

yes, they have, but you retards seem to need constant reminding.

[Linked Image]

I don't have HAJ's patience anymore to treat you sick dogs like normal people and list all the terror attacks in the US, since you're impervious to reason and consumed by your own fantasies, so just focus on that one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see the Crusades are alive and well. And to think we thought the Crusades ended 800 years ago.

Long live the Crusades.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
God must love a good joke, he invented Christianity and Islam.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I never would have guessed that would be his position on the matter. grin

I said protect the US, but you gauleiters enjoy.....you're a forum joke, and an embarrassment, but enjoy your little circle jerk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
yea, those Muslims and their westward attack on America...they've come here to attack us by the *dozens*

yes, they have, but you retards seem to need constant reminding.

[Linked Image]

I don't have HAJ's patience anymore to treat you sick dogs like normal people and list all the terror attacks in the US, since you're impervious to reason and consumed by your own fantasies, so just focus on that one.

well at least its not some veiled anti-semitic label. That's a start.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"but you gauleiters enjoy."

I spoke too soon, then again, that isn't very veiled.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Perhaps it's you and your ilk who are the forum jokes. It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose, eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

but you still won't address the main question - are we supposed to spend money we don't have on national defense?

and your response was basically to say that Washington is going to spend money we don't have anyways, so make it on defense. That's a cop out that avoids the question.

Yes or no - is there a limit to the debt we incur and the sacrifice we'll make in order to maintain a presence in the middle east and the world militarily?

btw, when Reagan was president the tax rate on the wealthy was hovering near 50% and we had arguably the largest military expansion per capita since WWII. He still couldn't do it without deficit spending. I'm not sure the taxation argument has any merit.

The reality is that 1 out of 2 people in this country are at the poverty level and we have 10K a day people retiring, many of which depend on Social Security to support them. The idea that we can change the culture of spending in Washington against a voting public depending on Washington spending isn't going to fly. The reason I throw that in is because to say we can continue to spend on military by diverting waste and entitlement spending isn't reality.

And HOW the government spends military money may be a debate but for every person who thinks we can't allow a nuclear Iran, they'll be another that tells us why we can't close the base in Korea, or Japan.

Clean up wasteful spending in the Military, which is my job. Meanwhile clean up wasteful spending in entitlement spending, unnecessary bureaucratic agencies and red tape. Deal with social security, medicare and Medicaid.

Deal with all the fluff that is not provided for in the Constitution and then let's revisit this question. I'd bet money wouldn't be an issue at that point.

Last edited by HugAJackass; 07/31/12. Reason: Stupid tablet

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,571
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.