-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Iran were a family it would be totally disfunctional. The leadership is more than willing to kill off it's youth and future just to prove a point that the west is "satan".

The country is circling the drain and it's youth and prosperity will pay the price. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
It's amazing to me that I need professional help for finding the national government too conspiratorial yet you guys find a conspiracy in everything that Iran does and you guys don't need professional help. crazy

The difference is that I distrust all Governments equally and most of you guys distrust our Government the most.

In my mind, the American Government isn't trustworthy AND the Iranian Government isn't trustworthy AND the Israeli Government isn't trustworthy.

The way most of your boys talk is that Israel and our Government are not trustworthy. Iran? Bah, thems good ol' boys! Wouldn't hurt a fly!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Start messin' with somebody's cognitive dissonance, they'll get pissy every time.

Best thing I've read on the Fire in a while. So true.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
It's amazing to me that I need professional help for finding the national government too conspiratorial yet you guys find a conspiracy in everything that Iran does and you guys don't need professional help. crazy

The difference is that I distrust all Governments equally and most of you guys distrust our Government the most.

In my mind, the American Government isn't trustworthy AND the Iranian Government isn't trustworthy.

The way most of your boys talk is that ONLY our Government is not trustworthy. Iran? Bah, thems good ol' boys!

I haven't been part of this thread, so I'm not responding as if you mean me, per se. However, I don't read folks comments on Iran as being pro-Iranian government in the sense that you are stating. Rather, the anti-Iranians tend to try to paint the Iranians as so ludicrously.... insane and irrational and bloodthirsty and pure eeeeevil.... that it begs a response.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, I honestly hadn't ever read anything you have said on the topic so I do not know where you stand with the whole thing. Thank you for understanding that my comment was not directed at you. Those that it pertains to know who they are.

In response to what you posted though, I would counter this Statement,

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
the anti-Iranians tend to try to paint the Iranians as so ludicrously.... insane and irrational and bloodthirsty and pure eeeeevil.... that it begs a response.

by replacing the word Iranian with American Government, then pointing out that the same stigma is not applied to other Governments.

Especially ludicrous is when you combine that with the fact that A.)at least our Government attempts to be subtle in their attempt to subject us, and B.)Iran has not even remotely hinted at anything else other than their desire to wipe us from the Globe!

It's mind-boggling.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rather, the anti-Iranians tend to try to paint the Iranians as so ludicrously.... insane and irrational and bloodthirsty and pure eeeeevil.... that it begs a response.

you don't have to "paint" Iran that way or any way, you just have to listen to their words. only willful refusal to face an ugly fact can explain anybody trying to whitewash Iran's intent both toward the US...and any other infidel state that gets in the way....and Israel.

if the Iranians' ability to inflict damage ever equals the reach of their intentions, look out. preventing that should be the goal of western policy......blocking that, and ramping up the threat to Europe, the US, the Sunni Arab states, and yes, Israel, is the reason China and Russia are assisting Iran and egging her on.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Rather, the anti-Iranians tend to try to paint the Iranians as so ludicrously.... insane and irrational and bloodthirsty and pure eeeeevil.... that it begs a response.

you don't have to "paint" Iran that way or any way, you just have to listen to their words. only willful refusal to face an ugly fact can explain anybody trying to whitewash Iran's intent both toward the US...and any other infidel state that gets in the way....and Israel.

if the Iranians' ability to inflict damage ever equals the reach of their intentions, look out. preventing that should be the goal of western policy......blocking that, and ramping up the threat to Europe, the US, the Sunni Arab states, and yes, Israel, is the reason China and Russia are assisting Iran and egging her on.

And cue the "willful refusal to face an ugly fact" brigade.... crazy

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Steve and HAJ,

Thanks for the replies.

Where I stand on it is that even if we were in a position to initiate another major war, and we are not, a nuclear Iran is not a reason to do so. If anything, it will be a stabilizing influence on the region, much as it has been for India/Pak.

....... and the neurologist just told me I can probably ski this winter, so I am one happy dude! WAY to happy to talk politics. Y'all will have to carry on without my brilliant and insightful commentary......... grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

you obviously don't understand what a conspiracy is, in the first place. Iran can't conspire with itself.

it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to listen to what Iran explicitly says it wants to do, see a country that is floating on a sea of oil and gas spend a huge part of its GDP and resist years of sanctions to purse a nuclear program that makes zero sense for peaceful uses, and refuses international inspections which could verify the claim.

Bingo! Iran could produce all the power it needs just from capturing the gas it flares off.

American researchers reported in March 2007 that Iran was burning off 10 percent of its natural gas output while Saudi Arabia did not even burn off 1 percent. They said the most logical way to quickly generate more electricity in Iran would be to use that flared-off natural gas to run electricity-generating plants.

The Pana news agency last week said Iran burns off 15 billion cubic meters of gas a year worth about $3 billion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
exactly....anybody who buys the story that they need to spend a huge chunk of GDP to generate nuclear electric power is just looking for a reason to deny reality.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way I see it there are two Irans. One is the government and the anti west, anti Israel zealots. The other is the anti war pro-western Iranians.

Unfortunately, the anti-west, anti-Israel zealots have all the guns and are in control and the pro-western anti war Iranians are unarmed and have no political clout. All this means is someday this will all end badly for a lot of people. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
exactly....anybody who buys the story that they need to spend a huge chunk of GDP to generate nuclear electric power is just looking for a reason to deny reality.
Radiology also requires a nuclear program.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yes, of course, that's why there are no X ray machines except in countries that are nuclear powers. why didn't I think of that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

ive gotta save that one for posterity......Hawk you truly lack any critical thinking ability, no wonder you decided not to be a cop, lawyer or psychologist and instead became a teacher....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rattler

ive gotta save that one for posterity......Hawk you truly lack any critical thinking ability, no wonder you decided not to be a cop, lawyer or psychologist and instead became a teacher....
So radiology isn't among the potential uses for enriched uranium?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you dont build a nuke to get the stuff yah need cause your gonna build some x-rays.......thats like buying a plane to get free peanuts.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

In my mind, the American Government isn't trustworthy AND the Iranian Government isn't trustworthy AND the Israeli Government isn't trustworthy.

The way most of your boys talk is that Israel and our Government are not trustworthy. Iran? Bah, thems good ol' boys! Wouldn't hurt a fly!

I don't trust any management system (government) nor State.

And I don't think Iran is the good old boys.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
you dont build a nuke to get the stuff yah need cause your gonna build some x-rays.......thats like buying a plane to get free peanuts.....
But there's no evidence they're building a nuke.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But there's no evidence they're building a nuke.

your not serious? so now your stance is Iran doesnt have a research reactor and hasnt been enriching uranium? [bleep] me they say they have, hell we gave them the reactor in '67......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steve and HAJ,

Thanks for the replies.

Where I stand on it is that even if we were in a position to initiate another major war, and we are not, a nuclear Iran is not a reason to do so. If anything, it will be a stabilizing influence on the region, much as it has been for India/Pak.

....... and the neurologist just told me I can probably ski this winter, so I am one happy dude! WAY to happy to talk politics. Y'all will have to carry on without my brilliant and insightful commentary......... grin

Listen, you incredibly ARROGANT, STUPID, and Dope addled excuse for an American "citizen",.....you self proclaimed Obama Voter,....this is YOUR people, YOUR choice, YOUR GANG talking here,......

every toke of that chit you suck is one more grave in Mexico or the Desert SW,.....

I think I liked you better when you were endorsing tree spiking, you pathetic piece of schit.

Link: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/napolitano-terrorists-enter-us-mexico-time-time

Napolitano: Terrorists Enter U.S. from Mexico �From Time to Time�
By Edwin Mora
July 30, 2012
Subscribe to Edwin Mora's posts

(CNSNews.com) -- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told Congress last week that terrorists intending to harm the American people enter the U.S. from Mexico �from time to time."

At a July 25 hearing of the House Homeland Security Committee, Rep. Ron Barber (D-Ariz.) asked Napolitano: �As you know, Madam Secretary, there have been anecdotal reports about material evidence of the presence of terrorists along our southern border. My question is, is there any credible evidence that these reports are accurate and that terrorists are, in fact, crossing our southern border with the intent to do harm to the American people?�

Napolitano answered: �With respect, there have been--and the Ababziar matter would be one I would refer to that's currently being adjudicated in the criminal courts--from time to time, and we are constantly working against different and evolving threats involving various terrorist groups and various ways they may seek to enter the country.�

�What I can tell you, however, is that that southern border--the U.S.-Mexico border--is heavily, heavily staffed at record amounts of manpower, materiel, infrastructure and the like, and we are constantly making sure we're doing all we can to make that border as safe as possible,� she said.

An August 2009 audit by the Government Accountability Office that focused on Customs and Border Protection (CBP) checkpoints said that in fiscal 2008 CBP reported �there were three individuals encountered by the Border Patrol at southwest border checkpoints who were identified as persons linked to terrorism.�

In April 2010, CNSNews.com reported that FBI Director Robert Mueller told the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, �In Detroit, Mahmoud Youssef Kourani was indicted in the Eastern District of Michigan on one count of conspiracy to provide material support to Hezbollah. � Kourani was already in custody for entering the country illegally through Mexico and was involved in fundraising activities on behalf of Hezbollah.�

Five years ago, in an August 2007 interview with the El Paso Times, then-Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell echoed what Napolitano told Congress last week about terrorist coming into the U.S. across the Mexican border.

�So, are terrorists coming across the Southwest border?� McConnell said in that interview. �Not in great numbers.�

�There are some cases?� asked the El Paso Times.

�There are some. And would they use it as a path, given it was available to them? In time they will,� said McConnell.

�If they're successful at it, then they'll probably repeat it,� asked the reporter.

�Sure,� said McConnell. �There were a significant number of Iraqis who came across last year. Smuggled across illegally.�

�Where was that?� asked the reporter.

�Across the Southwest border,� said McConnell.

But wait,......the clearly identified Hezblllah and Hamass cells just to my 6 are nothing more than more neocon, imaginary bug bears,....right.

You are a sick [bleep], brain damaged well before your last/ latest impact.

[bleep] off and DIE

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,785
Posts18,515,843
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.