Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 946 of 1,842 1 2 944 945 946 947 948 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Muffy, Hows dusty doing? tell him HI, i think you need to post some pics of his new shanty as well for us.

Talked to mom yesterday and he is feeling pretty good. He has been able to work some so that helps.

I only have one pic of it and I will post it when I get back from Walmart. Figured I would go there early while all the WE Festers are still partying or sleeping. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ryan, what's the rain situation out there? We're on the verge of going from "moderate" to "servere" drought conditions here.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pretty dry here too Bill. Rain threatens, but doesn't happen.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
we are about right for rain. we were in need a week or so ago and then we got about 2 inches and I would say we could use some in another week or two. Crops look excellent....which is not that common these days.

Fantastic Ryan. I cant wait to see pictures of a nice Sodak buck with your smilin' face hovering over it! And another one of your dad and his buck.

how is work going? Did you enjoy the staff meetings?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We are really dry in spots. My lawn was brown but last Tuesday a spotty rain came through and I was fortunate enough to get 3.5" where others just a few miles away got much less or nothing at all. There are two cornfields near my house that are burnt up but across the road from them the corn looks great. Really strange.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Pretty dry here too Bill. Rain threatens, but doesn't happen.

Same here. We had less than an inch the entire month of July and June was hardly any better. It rained last night, but harding got the deck wet. Farmers are irrigating like mad if they can.

One of the coffee group has a deer camp just South of here and his well pump is starting to suck air. He's going to have to add another section of pipe and drive the point down deeper.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
meeting went well, always good to see the whole team together. we've been VERY hot and dry, although irrigation has helped our fields and they look amazing, took lots of long hours to do but we made it happen. haven't heard what the next month will bring, I'm guessing more of the same. our fall fields will all be irrigated as far as I know so they should come in nice.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Our sandpoint is sucking air too.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
have you had the water tested that comes out of it?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave, did yuo get any propane lights from the ace store yesterday. they had them for 20.00. i picked up 2, one for deer stand, one for fish house. heck of a deal.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
speaking of lights, I just picked up a set of 6 LED wireless lights that come with a remote for $30 for my shed. Man, is that slick. I mounted the remote by the door and it is just like my shed is wired for electricity. Not as bright as 100w bulbs, but plenty good enough for my shed. You can add more if you like too. Just a thought if you need light but dont want to do the propane thing. They run off AAA batteries.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Dave, did yuo get any propane lights from the ace store yesterday. they had them for 20.00. i picked up 2, one for deer stand, one for fish house. heck of a deal.

You bish, why didn't you txt me??

grin

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
have you had the water tested that comes out of it?

Tested for what? Wetness?

(we don't drink it)

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Speaking of propane lights, Dave; how are the ones you installed at Chickenbuck working out? How much propane are they using?

BTW, someone I know just filled his 500 gal. propane tank for 89 cents a gallon. My buddy in LA paid $2 a gallon for his last fill this spring.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Bill,

Pete had 17 pounds of fluid drained from his stomach. He's been complaining for two years about feeling full all the time. They kept telling him it was something else and he finally demanded to have it looked at because he couldn't stand it anymore. crazy

Cause....sleep apnea.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Bill, I'm not sure on fuel consumption with those lights, they seem pretty easy on the LP though and the light is very bright.

Good point on the LP prices, we have a pair of hundred pounders at camp and I should fill them now while the price is so low.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
they had one left on the table there when i left. i am sure its still there. i was in there at 7 last night. those led's sound good for the fish house.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
speaking of lights, I just picked up a set of 6 LED wireless lights that come with a remote for $30 for my shed. Man, is that slick. I mounted the remote by the door and it is just like my shed is wired for electricity. Not as bright as 100w bulbs, but plenty good enough for my shed. You can add more if you like too. Just a thought if you need light but dont want to do the propane thing. They run off AAA batteries.

Where did you get them at Bman? I would be interested for my shed as well.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey Bill,

Pete had 17 pounds of fluid drained from his stomach. He's been complaining for two years about feeling full all the time. They kept telling him it was something else and he finally demanded to have it looked at because he couldn't stand it anymore. crazy

Cause....sleep apnea.

Are you kidding? Sleep apnea caused that? hmmm might explain some things...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
they had one left on the table there when i left. i am sure its still there. i was in there at 7 last night. those led's sound good for the fish house.

But the "crazy day" is over... frown

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hey Bill,

Cause....sleep apnea.

Wow! That's a new one. I've heard of fluid build up in the lungs and around the heart, but never the stomach.

Gas prices jumped 15 cents over night here. We're up to $3.799 for regular. One Mobile station was $3.949. We were at $3.399 3 weeks ago. What the "H" is going on. mad

Page 946 of 1,842 1 2 944 945 946 947 948 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.