Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bet my life everyday numb nuts. It's called everyday life in my chosen career field. I'm well insured and at peace with myself and with my maker. So if I don't make it home, tough chit. I guarantee that I'm going out fighting not just talking about it. Most anti's I've seen are all a bunch of wannabe's that are all noise and no action. Cowards would be a rather fitting label. You boys aren't worth the bandwidth.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
rattle, rattle.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You off your meds today, Brinky? crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Kind of interesting to see what the world looks like through the old "To Protect And Serve" motto to a modern-day cop.

I'm thinking maybe the motto could use some updating.

There's gotta be a Francis Soyer joke in here someplace, but I don't have the energy to go after it.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm doing just fine. You boys are just showing your normal paranoid selves again. Keep looking under your bed and in the closet for monsters.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Apparently.

I always get a charge out these tough guys. When I was an axillary police officer we had a real tough guy on our force. He was that baddest dude around until the SHTF and then it was off to the coffee shop and he was no where to be found.

I shared an office with a former SEAL when I worked for the State. He was the security officer for our division. People would call up making all kinds of threats for what the State had done to them but the SO never got excited. Finally I asked him why he wasn't all that worried about the threats and he said people who make a lot of noise are usually the cowards people who are very quiet and accept their fate are the dangerous ones.

That seems to be the case with the division my wife works for to. The noisy ones aren't usually dangerous it's the quiet ones that are.

In other words, old Brinky is hot air.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barak

Kind of interesting to see what the world looks like through the old "To Protect And Serve" motto to a modern-day cop.

I'm thinking maybe the motto could use some updating.

There's gotta be a Francis Soyer joke in here someplace, but I don't have the energy to go after it.

The new motto today is: "To Serve and Protect the State."

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Apparently.

I always get a charge out these tough guys. When I was an axillary police officer we had a real tough guy on our force. He was that baddest dude around until the SHTF and then it was off to the coffee shop and he was no where to be found.

I shared an office with a former SEAL when I worked for the State. He was the security officer for our division. People would call up making all kinds of threats for what the State had done to them but the SO never got excited. Finally I asked him why he wasn't all that worried about the threats and he said people who make a lot of noise are usually the cowards people who are very quiet and accept their fate are the dangerous ones.

That seems to be the case with the division my wife works for to. The noisy ones aren't usually dangerous it's the quiet ones that are.

In other words, old Brinky is hot air.

This,.......

from the dumb mofo that was gonna' "Take over a missile silo" some years back.

Jesus Wept.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude

The new motto today is: "To Serve and Protect the State."
Exactly. Regular folks are the enemy to these people. That's the new police culture.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've worked for government in a number of capacities everything from guardsman to election judge. I was told many times that I worked for the State (the State being whatever jurisdiction I operated under) and NOT the people. The people did not sign my paycheck the State did. I got into a lot of trouble over this. One more thing that turned me anarchist.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Your boy Barack is the one acting tough. I'm just calling him out. You girls have fun talking big talk about your big plans of anarchy. The three of you are great at talking and doing notta. I made a deal not to get wrapped up I these anti cop threads with another member,which you ladies have made this into. Have fun stroking each others ego.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brinky72
I guarantee that I'm going out fighting not just talking about it.

Your complaint is, or seems to be, that I know nearly nothing about you; so you set out to mitigate that lack. What's apparently highest on your priority list of things to tell me about you? You're anxious to brag about how good you are at destroying things and how little compunction you have about it.

You see, that's the difference between someone who works for the government and someone who works in the productive sector.

If I were going to brag, I'd brag about what I could create, or what I could repair, or what I could improve, rather than about what I could destroy.

Most anti's I've seen are all a bunch of wannabe's that are all noise and no action. Cowards would be a rather fitting label.

Most of us can destroy things when it's necessary, but then most of us can defecate, too, and we don't generally feel an eagerness to brag about that either.

I'd know I needed to do some significant reevaluation if a guy like you _didn't_ think I was a coward.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like those three enjoy having dead end conversations. Barak speaks, Derby and Hawk bow down and listen in complete awe and applaud while passing cyber Kleenex's to each other.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You probably mean auxiliary police officer. Axillary means having to do with the armpit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your boy Barack is the one acting tough.

Never did get around to actually reading that post, hey?

Not a real big surprise, I guess, but it makes me wonder how many other things you've also never gotten around to actually reading.

I made a deal not to get wrapped up I these anti cop threads with another member,which you ladies have made this into.

It's not an anti-cop thread, it's an anti-buttwad thread. And we didn't make it into that, you did.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

It's not an anti-cop thread, it's an anti-buttwad thread. And we didn't make it into that, you did.
grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sworn peace officers swear to uphold the constitution. Their actions are guided by the Peace Officers Code of Ethics. Local cops' primary responsibility is to those within their jurisdictions. This responsibility requires protecting life, property, civil, and constitutional rights of those they serve regardless of creed. Even anarchists deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

Insidious is the method feds use to control cops, which is one of the reasons I believe the 16th Amendment has to go. Feds collect money and then return it with strings attached. Hence, local cops operate under the purview of some bureaucrat thousands of miles away.

I wrote a Troops to Cops grant for an agency that once employed me. After talking with a US attorney back east, I became uneasy about exchanging autonomy for a cheap grant. I advised my chief to forgo the grant. His agenda was increasing the size of his department (All governmental agencies seek expansion.). I was overruled.

When I was a cop we used to refrain that we'd pound our badge flat and slide it under the door before we would trammel civil and constitutional rights; e.g., confiscate lawfully owned guns. I am sure this refrain was long ago muted.

Should cops find themselves in a position in which they're forced to abridge civil and constitutional rights of those they serve and they choose to do so, then the concept of police professionalism is negated in favor of job security. Were cops choose to become hired assassins of those providing their sustenance, they will become that against which they once railed. They have to be able to recognize their true enemy, and it will be the one demanding unconscionable acts. Thus, federalization of local law enforcement demands loyalty to an omnipotent federal government and not to those they are sworn to protect.

There was a reason why Madison did not provide for a federal police force. He knew that law enforcement was a function of local governmental entities. For a federal police force is de facto a standing army within our country, a concept Thomas Jefferson said was dangerous to liberty. And one of the reasons our ancestors fled King George III was because of abuses committed by his Royal Army against his subjects.

Our federal government must revert to its intended purpose. All politics is local, and all law enforcement damned well ought to be.

R

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I have to agree.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well said, Raisuli.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You probably mean auxiliary police officer. Axillary means having to do with the armpit.

I do. My bad misspelling even with spell check. smile

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 72 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,536
Posts18,491,357
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.