Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TCB
Originally Posted by GaryVA
Current top dollar price on a stainless wsm ST is around $988 with the current top dollar price on the stainless wsm Tecomate being around $1248 having a difference of $260. In comparison, current top dollar price on an wsm 85 Finnlight ST is around $1638.

The value I found in the A7 was when they were highly discounted to make room for the newer ST, many great deals were available. I've yet to see any fire sales on the new limited Tecomate, this may be something you'd need to wait till the end of the current year to see. I've heard that this new B&C stock will eventually become available to the public. If you are heck bent for leather to duplicate a Tecomate on the cheap, I'd locate an original A7 wsm for cheap, have someone flute the barrel, and then add the B&C stock when they come out. But personally, I see no advantage in this as the original rifle will shoot lights out accurate, is a bit lighter, and you'd save the expense of the added modifications.

As noted previously, if you are willing to pay current top dollar for an ST or Tecomate, you probably should be looking at an 85 Finnlight.

Best smile

Curious, where are you seeing an ST wsm for 9 bills?

Alex Roy lists the current stainless A7 ST 300 WSM in stock and available at their current set retail price of $988.

http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-a7-st-rifle-synthetic-stainless-300-wsm-jra7s41.aspx

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
HR IC

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ouch! Glad I bought my Stainless .300 WSM when I did!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang!!!
That is HIGH for what I have seen them sell for USED or old stock
on Marks Outdoors web site mostly in the mid $500 range.
I e-mailed Bell and Carlson about buying a Tecomate stock from
them.
The company rep wrote me back stating that they do make the stock for the Sako Model Tecomate rifle but they WERE NOT ALLOWED
BY SAKO!!!!!!!!!
To sell it to the general public!!!!!!!!!

Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:13 AM
To: emailbellandcarlson.com
Subject: Sako A7 Tecomate Stock

Will you offer the Sako A7 Tecomate stock that you make for the Sako Tecomate rifle available

for sale to the general public?

Will it fit any Sako A7 rifle caliber?

Will the Sako A7 rifle barrel need to be fluted for the barrel contour channel on your stock to fit the barrel?

We do manufacture a stock for that action but Sako does not allow us to sell it to the public.

Last edited by AMRA; 04/08/11.

Molan Labe
T
TCB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by TCB
Current top dollar price on a stainless wsm ST is around $988 with the current top dollar price on the stainless wsm Tecomate being around $1248 having a difference of $260. In comparison, current top dollar price on an wsm 85 Finnlight ST is around $1638.

The value I found in the A7 was when they were highly discounted to make room for the newer ST, many great deals were available. I've yet to see any fire sales on the new limited Tecomate, this may be something you'd need to wait till the end of the current year to see. I've heard that this new B&C stock will eventually become available to the public. If you are heck bent for leather to duplicate a Tecomate on the cheap, I'd locate an original A7 wsm for cheap, have someone flute the barrel, and then add the B&C stock when they come out. But personally, I see no advantage in this as the original rifle will shoot lights out accurate, is a bit lighter, and you'd save the expense of the added modifications.

As noted previously, if you are willing to pay current top dollar for an ST or Tecomate, you probably should be looking at an 85 Finnlight.

Best smile

Curious, where are you seeing an ST wsm for 9 bills?

Alex Roy lists the current stainless A7 ST 300 WSM in stock and available at their current set retail price of $988.

http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-a7-st-rifle-synthetic-stainless-300-wsm-jra7s41.aspx

OK.
I thought you were speaking of an Finnlight ST. An A7 ST for 9 bills is high.
The price for a Tecomate is just too high. If your patient you can find a new Finnlight ST for $1300 +- $50. That's where I'd put my money....
As for Alex, he has decent prices from time to time.

Last edited by TCB; 04/09/11.
I
I
I know this thread is long gone, but has anyone had success with an aftermarket stock on their Sako A7?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I put an Edge on mine this Spring, bedded it and opened up the barrel channel. Good to go now.

The Edge is a little thicker through the mid-section of the stock versus the original though.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.