Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Wow!
Now that was a MOVIE!
The VarmintWife and I attended a second day well attended showing of The Dark Knight Rises and came away feeling VERY entertained.
The movie was very long (at 2 hours and 45 minutes!) but was interesting and a well told story at virtually every moment.
Just a couple of slightly amateurish scenes amongst the many hundreds!
The director and the actors did an excellent job overall.
This movie will quickly recoup and surpass its $250,000,000.00 budget.
The movie was obviously made with a spare no expense mentality and I thank the producers for that - their product in this instance is splendid!
I have been a Batman movie fan for decades now and this episode is by the far the best to date!
The intriguing story line (plots!) and special effects were absolutely first rate!
This movie is exhibit #1 in my long held contention that Americans make the best movies on earth.
I won't give away any of the story but in this movie Batmans "gear" humbles that of the past, and it brings to mind when my two youngest sons and I attended a Batman show a couple of decades ago.
We were not late getting to the the theatre but we were also not early enough to get anything but front row seating. Oh well I thought and after a time the Batman emerges from a dark alley in "The Batmobile" and he peels out fishtailing for a ways - the reaction from that sold out theatre full of rich kiddies and some of their parents, I will never forget.
I turned around and looked at the theatre full of kids at that moment and they were literally jumping up and down in their seats at that first sight and sound of that Batmobile!
Needless to say the long search for a toy Batmobile commenced that very afternoon.
The Dark Knight Rises is NOT that type of childs entertainment movie - I will let parents make up their own minds in that regard.
I highly recommend "The Dark Knight Rises" and give it a 96 on a scale of 1 to 100.
In fact I think I will go see it again if I get through a town in the near future that has a theatre with "big screen and big sound" capabilities.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
In respectul memory of the innocents who lost their lives at the Aurora, Colrado premiere showing.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I saw it last night with my two sons and a nephew. A good movie. I had the distinct feeling that all the bad guys were based on "Occupy Wallstreet" clowns.

RH

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I took my 13 yo Daughter to see it in Echuca on Saturday night, she enjoyed it.....I thought it was a boring, tedious waste of time.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
JSTUART: Let me check with you again - you went to see the Dark Knight Rises?
And you thought it was boring?
I could NOT disagree with you more.
I thought it was intriguing, exciting and a well told story from start to finish!
The many twists and turns kept me enthralled - and I noticed a complete lack of audience chattering (which sometimes occurs during boring movies here in America) during the entire 2 hour and 45 minute running time of this movie.
I guess you won't be one of the "repeat patrons" (like I am now!) who enjoyed the movie so much they paid to see it twice.
I saw today that the domestic box office sales (U.S. only) has reached $182,000,000.00 in the first 4 days!
That, is NOT indicative of a boring movie.
I will admit that I "needed' to see the movie again because I had significant trouble understanding the movies main villains sppech - one reason I think is because I could not see his lips moving and that aids my understanding of speech because I have poor hearing.
To each their own though and I hope you find another movie soon that does keep your attention and is more entertaining for you.
IF, that is possible?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes, boring is what I found.

If you want a rollicking tale with an awful lot of (Aussie) levity, try A Knights Tale.

That I have watched more than once.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only thought it was fair/good (B, maybe B+). My girlfriend enjoyed it, A- on her end.

Batman starts out as some febble old guy, next scene with some sort of crutch thing and he's back to 90%.

Than they drop him off somewhere presumably in the Middle East, next scene bad guys are back in Gotham. Batman escapes from said prison with hours to go to the bomb explodes. He's broke at this time, pretty safe to say no ID, etc. and than just like that he's back in Gotham.

Than he finds Catwomen, just like that but he needs help to find the other guy?

OH... So there's 3,000 policemen in the sewers for a couple months in the freezing weather in a Marshall law state, but through a gutter drain Robin is able to keep them all fed and healthy.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i thought it was an ok movie, no where as good as the first two.....got a bigger kick out of the end after all the fighting was done and all the clues and stuff for possibilities of the future than most the rest of the movie....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, yeah, fighting, explosions, that's nice.

The important thing real guys want to know is, does he pet Catwoman's pus-y? wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Nope. Think he got to take it for a walk though smile

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Excellent film. Great action with a lot of Conservative/Libertarian philosophy behind it.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,379
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.