I'm down weigh in next monday

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mossbergman
I'm down weigh in next monday

Rodger.

I'd like to see Mr. Johnson without having to look in the mirror.

- Rogue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would "weigh in" but I already got my 25 lbs off this spring I put on over the winter. I would like to lose another 10 but its sucks so bad to be a diet that I can lose weight on. Lost 15 pounds in little over a month on a mostly liquid all day except dinner diet. I had the energy from it but I was just craving food hardore. If I could just stay away from the post hike mini mart stop the rest of this summer I might be able to drop another 10 to take me to my 35 lb goal.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If we can formalize this thread with via sticky, I am down with a Monday weight in and belly pics weekly to boot grin

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
I am down for Monday weigh in's. I am 6'-0", was 224# yesterday. Short term goal is under 215# by 10/15 when I leave for Colorado 2nd Rifle. Long term goal is under 210# sustainable.

To me, "sustainable" = eating healthy, portion control, and exercise 2x to 3x per week. Not = starvation dieting, pills, shakes, etc...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Great. Monday's it is. You can either post your weight, or just your delta (negative we hope.) Point is, maybe we'll think twice before that having that bowl of ice cream.

- Rogue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in for Monday! Gives me one more spin at the Ben and Jerry's pint of death counter this weekend! laugh

I concur with what Evan posted. I don't care one whit what I look like, heck I'm married, as long as I can do the things I want/need to do. That said, I'm thinking weighing close to 3 bills isn't the best way to do that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You need more vanity if you don't care what you look like just b/c you're married. ;-)

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lol! Even if I did care I doubt it would change the outcome! laugh

We all have to pick our battles and looks is a fight not worth fighting for me... wink

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
TAK, you are a very funny fellow. What studies by whom "proved" that ? Those chemicals are released by exercise and alcoholic beverages, BTW. Refined carbs have nothing to do with it. E

IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Well, well. What do you know. Somebody that understands a few basics and is on his way.
Low carb diets do no better, long term, than any of the other diets. And none of them work long term unless you follow what the Diet Registry has found. Want to guess what long time dieters have learned works long term ?
It is not possible to loose more than 2 lbs a month of pure fat. Those that loose more weight than that are loosing muscle tissue. That's why some crash diets look so good short term. But "weight" isn't the same as fat.
That's also why no knowlegdable trainer recommends training to increase strenth and endurance while dieting. It simply doesn't work.
If you really want to loose fat and keep it off, eat more complex carbs and less fat. Don't eat excessive protein either. Any extra protein the body turns into fat. Extra complex carbs in the diet do two things. They keep the blood sugar level up, which allows the body to metabolize blood sugar and fat at a normal level and it allows the consumption of stored fats. If your blood sugar level drops, so does your consumption of fats.
Worst of all, is skipping a meal. That allows the blood sugar level to fall so low that the body will prioritze making fat. The next meal you eat will get those valuable proteins and maybe even those important complex carbs turned into fat. E

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'll be damned, I didn't realize it was impossible for me to do what I've done.

Carbs cut way back.......check
Protein intake up............check
Weight loss/muscle gain...check

I also feel better (more energy) and my "numbers" at the Doc are outstanding (for me/family history). Cardio hasn't suffered and my workouts are more productive as well.

Yeah, ditching carbs sucks wink !

George

Last edited by NH K9; 08/08/12.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Eremicus
TAK, you are a very funny fellow. What studies by whom "proved" that ? Those chemicals are released by exercise and alcoholic beverages, BTW. Refined carbs have nothing to do with it. E

Funny huh? I'll clue you in E. Fatty junk foods have been shown to cause a marked rise in endocannabanoids in the brain, just like pot. These are refined carbs, cooked with, or fried in (or both) Omega 6 rich seed oils. The refined oils themselves appear to cause this, along with a deadly litany of other maladies well known to Ph.D biochem types like Barry Sears. The aforemention research is fairly knew, so I'll forgive your ignorance of it.

The next problem with following the govt's reccomendations on carb consumption is markedly elevated insulin levels. So please don't poste something patently ignorant about refined carbs not jacking up insulin levels. If you do, you'll get one of my vile, mocking retorts.

You combine the two and you have a recipe for lard-assed junk-food zombies, too [bleep] lazy to exercise, which is exactly what we've become as a nation. And I haven't even talked about the toxic effects of refined sugar and fructose. That is just pouring gas on the fire described above.

Your dietary reccomendations are bullschit. The only one that is proven long term is Sears' Zone Diet, with his 30/30/40 (fat,protein,carbs) prescription. This starts with determining how much protein you need daily. 0.5-1.0 gm per pound of lean-body mass, based on activity, so that answers your question of "how much" protein, and solves the problem of "too much protein" you love to trot out (it's BS anyway 'cause the Inuit lived for millenia on protein and fat and did well, with very little heart disease).

Combine Sears' Zone Diet for hormonal control with Paleo concepts to increase nutrient density and you'll have a diet you can thrive on, not just exist.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Eremicus-

You need to do some reading on info post 1980 after all, it is 2012!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
I'll be damned, I didn't realize it was impossible for me to do what I've done.

Carbs cut way back.......check
Protein intake up............check
Weight loss/muscle gain...check

I also feel better (more energy) and my "numbers" at the Doc are outstanding (for me/family history). Cardio hasn't suffered and my workouts are more productive as well.

Yeah, ditching carbs sucks wink !George

+1 here, except my fat intake is up too, mostly in the way of nuts.

Ah, almost forgot, I'm looking to gain a lb. or two before the season in September, becasue I normally drop 6-8 lbs. during the hunt and I don't have that to drop any more.

Almost forgot again, my HDL is higher than my LDL and my doc said he's never seen that before.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, got up at 2:30am, and went for a 4 mile hike this morning. It's tough until I get out the door - then it's not so bad. I take a shower, then watch Bill O at 4. The only problem is, I fall asleep in front of TV about 8:30 at night.

- Rogue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Way to go smokepole! I feel your pain, just got our workout room back to functioning,( it was used for storage while remodeling our master bedroom) anyway...keep up the good work, our favorite time of the year is almost here!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Right on, arff, I've got an ES muzzleloader tag and I am countin' the days.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Well, well. What do you know. Somebody that understands a few basics and is on his way.

Classic E, "I'm smarter than all of you on any topic", never fails. Spare us the BS about how you come to this forum to "learn", you quit that 20 years ago. Now you preach and it's no wonder you're a lighting rod, your arrogance and condescending ways ring through on most of your posts. Before you respond look in the mirror instead of claiming ignorance.

I find this thread very valuable but you're doing a nice job about ruining that.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Yes, I am! laugh in excellent shape... sortof. Can't stand to lose any weight anyway...

Last edited by Frans; 08/10/12.

Frans Diepstraten
www.terrahunt.com
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

446 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 36 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,785
Posts18,536,280
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.