isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I

What is the 'Ryan plan'? Budget proposal back in spotlight with VP announcement
Published August 11, 2012
FoxNews.com

With Rep. Paul Ryan selected as Mitt Romney's running mate, voters will be hearing a lot about the so-called "Ryan" plan.

So what is it?

Though each party has strong feelings about what Ryan's controversial budget proposal entails, here are a few highlights. Just the facts:

The latest full-scale version of the plan, unveiled in March, vows to cut spending by $5 trillion over the next decade, compared against President Obama's plan.

The plan would, a decade from now, give seniors the option of taking a government payment to purchase health insurance. That payment could be used to buy a private insurance plan, or go toward the traditional Medicare plan. The plan calls for extra assistance to help low-income beneficiaries and those with "greater health risks."

The plan would overhaul Medicaid by turning it into a block grant system for states.

The plan would cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 25 percent. It would implement two individual income tax brackets -- 10 percent and 25 percent.

The plan would head off the scheduled automatic defense cuts, first by diverting the planned $55 million defense cut in 2013 by implementing those cuts elsewhere.

The plan vows to bring the size of government to 20 percent of GDP by 2015

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Timely and spot on Bob.

Ryan's well thought out budget approach is vastly superior to hussein's non existent budget......

Obama just promises 'it will get better', which flies in the the face of reality. He has no plan. He has no budget. He has no clue.

As always, hussein's goal is destruction, not improvement.

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The plan would sell federal land......

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is'nt like 90% of Alaska government land? Does that sound sane? I'm all for having protected land, but the western states don't fare much better. The states ought to be able to have more control over their own well being. We can't even drill for needed oil because the feds' dither.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 21
Is'nt like 90% of Alaska government land? Does that sound sane? I'm all for having protected land, but the western states don't fare much better. The states ought to be able to have more control over their own well being. We can't even drill for needed oil because the feds' dither.
+1 The Federal Government has no Constitutional authorization to hold huge tracts of land within the states.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, those are some high-minded and good-sounding points. Something like this HAS to be implemented.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
an the rest is obama [bleep]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
if the citizenry can't tolerate even the modest cuts of the Ryan plan, they doom themselves to far worse when interest begins to freeze out everything else. Ryan's nomination will help to frame this as a referendum between the payers and grownups, and the takers and dreamers who think the gravy train can just run on forever.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RISJR

The plan would head off the scheduled automatic defense cuts, first by diverting the planned $55 million defense cut in 2013 by implementing those cuts elsewhere.

Thank God!! Now we can make sure to build little Haji's school so he can be an educated little bastid who hates us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 21

horseshit...you ain't been to Wyoming in a while have you ...another uneducated response. There are wells and coal mines all over federal ground here. and 5000 new permits in my county alone.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rrroae

Thank God!! Now we can make sure to build little Haji's school so he can be an educated little bastid who hates us.

Rex give it a rest..........ok?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

grin So true. That's a defect.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 21
+1 The Federal Government has no Constitutional authorization to hold huge tracts of land within the states.

hey tinfoil nunchuck boy get a real life. Why don't you do something meaningful with your life. I suggest you focus your energy on lobbying in DC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry my friend. If we need to make sacrifices, we all need to sacrifice and that includes dubious defense spending. The fact they(GOP) would try to take defense spending off the table just tells me they want the bill to go nowhere because they never intended for it to pass.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
if the citizenry can't tolerate even the modest cuts of the Ryan plan, they doom themselves to far worse when interest begins to freeze out everything else.

Very true,....but of course, if the populace really wanted a fiscally responsible candidate, Ron Paul would be the nominee.

Ryan is going to have to walk a fine line with his rhetoric.

Somehow, he's got to convince the young people that he's the Social Security/Medicare hatchet man without letting the older folks find it out.

,...and he absolutely has to deliver Florida.

It'll be a good trick if he pulls it off.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Bristoe...educate yourself on his plan. You're just sounding completely ignorant now spewing HS that isn't close to accurate.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still trying to figure out how Romney and Ryan are going to get the American support for their plan to make cuts to Medicare, raise SS age and then turn around and give tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans?

Not saying any of that doesn't need done but it sure doesn't sound like it's going to win over many converts.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
You apparently have no clue as to the substance of his plan,either.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry my friend. If we need to make sacrifices, we all need to sacrifice and that includes dubious defense spending. The fact they(GOP) would try to take defense spending off the table just tells me they want the bill to go nowhere because they never intended for it to pass.

I agree that we don't need to "save" every horseshit 3rd world country but I am all for defending this country. Too much waste in government I agree with, but start with the welfare rats and congresscritters. Also chop the dicks and hands off the unscrupulous defense contractors.BUT secure or borders and defend them to the death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe he wants a 2 tier tax bracket. One 25% and one 10%. If my math is correct, that would lower taxes on the wealthiest Americans by almost 30%.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,917
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.