Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I found this company and the pictures look good. Their selection is great. Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks!

Last edited by sharps4590; 04/22/12.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
As I type this I am waiting for a mold from Tom!! He sent a email that he got my order and MO last Fri and I bet I have my new mold by this Fri. I also have one other of his mold a 46-335b(i think)and it is a JOY to cast and shoots better!! Tom has a good following of happy casters over on Castboolits board. Order with no regrets you will be happy if you do your part (know your Dia. and the alloy you want to use)Clint

just for Fun
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've bought two moulds from Tom specific to paper patched smokeless loads in the past 3 months. His delivery is very prompt and he pays a lot of attention to finishing details such as ensuring all sharp edges that need breaking are evenly chamfered and polished. I paid the extra for iron moulds because I prefer them but he offers aluminium and brass as well.

Both moulds cast near exactly as I specified and other than a 5 minute clean up in event of residual oil they were ready to go. Bullets fall free like rain when the moulds are opened.

I am already planning the next order from him and my second mould from him only arrived today. This evening I produced nearly 200 bullets in less than an hour from the 2 cavity 303 paper patch mould with a total reject of 3 bullets, all from the first two pours as the mould had not come up to temperature for them.

His moulds are as good as I've found and I have moulds from about 10 other makers. I thought the latter were good until I got these.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i think Tom's molds are excellent (i have 5)and his turnaround is very fast. the longest i have waited was, ordered on Monday and in the mailbox on Saturday.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Nothing but good things to say about this company. I bought a mold and I didn't want to have to jack around with alloys, I'm cheap and just wanted to shoot wheelweights in my 45-70 and 454(went with heavy bullets at about 1200 fps in both). His bullet drops about 1/1000" bigger than I specified and sizing it down is now a snap. Fast turn around time to boot.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the heads up on this, I�m always looking for a top quality maker of aluminum molds. That 36-160H looks like a really good clone of an LBT WFN � oughta be good in the .357 and .38 special.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I might just have to design and order a .476" wadcutter for my 480. The swc hasn't quite worked out for accurate mild plinking loads, but a wadcutter might do the trick. I'm thinking of making it one caliber long, which should drop right around 225 gr.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to this thread and an email back and forth with Tom I ordered a 36-160A SWC (.358"). Ordered it on-line last Sunday, 5/27. The website says the wait is running 2-3 weeks so I was surprised to find the mold in the mailbox this afternoon.

It looks great. I won't have a chance to cast until this weekend at the earliest but looking forward to cranking out a big pile of bullets.

Thanks again for letting me know about this company. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knocked out a few hundred bullets yesterday morning. This mold really performed once I got the hang of it. It likes to have the dipper spout pressed right up against the sprue plate. I counted "one thousand two thousand" for each hole and it produced 5 perfect bullets each time. Love these high cap molds, three hours at the pot produced a big pile of bullets.

I had ordered a .358" diameter for #2 alloy and after cooling these bullets were a perfect .358", nice and round. They slid right in the .358 sizer die with hardly any pressure so I know they aren't being deformed there.

Range is closed this weekend and next for state championship shoots so it'll be two weeks before I can really bench rest these and work up those "perfect" loads, but I may just have to load up some old standards and go out to bust a few rocks in the meantime.

Bottom line is I give this mold a big thumbs up. Very precisely made and very fast delivery. You can get cheaper molds but in this case I definitely got what I paid for and will definitely be a repeat customer.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I know this is a older posting topic but I thought I must post my answer to this question. It was about 5 years ago that I found Tom's name and at that time a phone number.
I contacted him and discussed what I was looking for. I shoot SASS and at that time long range BP. Tom had my first mould to my door in the same week I ordered it. It was so good and almost $100 less than the custom maker I had been using that I ordered another one that same day. I also received it within the same week.
Things have changed as far as delivery times but not the first rate quality.
I wrote a posting about Tom on the Cast Boolits forum and he has all the work he can handle.
A friend of mine and myself now have about 5 moulds in Tom's list of very fine bullets.
He is by far the best mould maker I have ever used.
I was in on about three special order moulds from Lee which take almost a year to receive and they don't touch the work of this fine craftsman. Later David AKA Fairshake

Shooter ot the Holy Black,Warthog,Bold,Deadwood Marshal,Border Vigilante,So that his place will never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 16 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.