Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My 6x42mm arrived today. Enclosed was a couple extra bonuses,that I had no idea was coming,but am delighted with.
<br>
<br>Here's hopin' that those in the market for Optics,will give Chris a shout before they purchase elsewhere. Liable to save you some loot and put a smile on your face.
<br>
<br>Further,for those contemplating it,you are NUTS if you don't get the new Leica 1200LRF. Every time I take mine out,I'm more and more impressed.
<br>
<br>An unsolicited endorsement,by one very happy camper. Thanks Chris,you guys are top notch,in all respects................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Big Stick, Ordering my new rangefinder tomorrow from Chris. Now don't you find anything else I just have to have. Two new customs and a rangefinder already. Youir getting like my wife. Not sure I can afford to keep hanging out with you. (But thanks for the reviews :-) TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Good stuff sells itself. That rangefinder really works well,I think you will be impressed. Nothing the matter with a couple Custom Rifles either(grin).
<br>
<br>When all components arrive,spill your guts on your impressions of it all. Regards...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got to compare my LRF 800 to Spike's LRF 1200 on our bear trip. Ranging across canyons at 1100 yards was a breeze with his, I even got an 1061 yard reading off a rimrock while driving down the freeway at 65 MPH. My 800 has never been consistent and looks even worse when used side by side with the 1200 model. Guess what's going to happen to my 800?
<br>
<br>Chris, what is your opinion of the Minox 10 x42 glass? I looked at some the other day and was duly impressed. For the price, they sure seemed like a bargain. Are they made by Leica, or contracted out? As the salesperson said- "95% of the performance at 60% of the price". Seems about right. Any thoughts?- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree, Chris is A#1...he gets and will contiune to receive my biz. He had my 1200 at my door step in the blink of an eye.
<br>
<br>Sheister;
<br>
<br>I've looked through the Minox and am in complete agreement with the salesman. If they fit your hands that would be your best bet for the price.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sheister,
<br>
<br>As you know,the 1200LRF by Leica,is for REAL. My 800LRF failed to impress me(understatement) and was returned.
<br>
<br>Give Chris a whirl on the 1200 pricing,that is where I bought mine...............
<br>
<br>

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Damn! Spike smoked me,on the fastest fingers(grin)...............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick, All joking aside, have never been anything but pleased with the stuff you recommend. Just ordered the compact 3X9 for the wifes rifle and the range finder for my Moose hunt in BC this fall. Unfortunately, it will be September before I get to check either of them out. Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo. Thanks again for your advice and Chris's super support and prices. TM

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
TM,
<br>
<br>Every once in a while,I get lucky and get something close to right.
<br>
<br>September isn't that far and it will be worth your wait. Here's hopin' the Hunt pans out.
<br>
<br>Good luck(in advance).............
<br>
<br>

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stick:
<br>
<br>Hung-Chow...I slice you loooong time [Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I graciously bow to the Master.............(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Big Stick, Appreciate at thought but I am going hunting, with friends and in BC at that. Now a man just can not get more lucky than that. Now if I happen to take a critter, even better but just being there is the thing for me. From your posts, pretty much figure you feel the same. Of course you get to do it a lot more than me so it is probably just a little more special to me because of that. In any reqards, I can guarantee that I will have a good time, as long as I get there. Best Regards, Tm

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Take lots of pictures and post them(please)..........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been dealing with Chris & SWFA for years. I actually trust them,that is saying a lot! His opinions are based on experience not sales hype.
<br>
<br>I need to get me one of those Leica 1200 LRF's.
<br>
<br>Oh,Chris.....................[Linked Image]

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sheister,
<br>
<br>Minox is a division of Leica. Other than that, I can't remember what Chris told me. However I do agree--the optics are very good. I looked through a set of Minox 8x32s when I was doing my binoc comparision last fall. The only reason I didn't buy them was because they didn't "squeeze together" enough for my narrow-set eyes.
<br>
<br>Blaine

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW, Ditto to all the comments abou Chris.
<br>
<br>Blaine

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
"Chris, what is your opinion of the Minox 10 x42 glass? I looked at some the other day and was duly impressed. For the price, they sure seemed like a bargain. Are they made by Leica, or contracted out? As the salesperson said- "95% of the performance at 60% of the price". Seems about right. Any thoughts?- Sheister"
<br>
<br>Thanks guys for the compliments. We really appreciate ya'lls business. The 1200 Leica is everything you expect a range finder to be, works flawlessly. The Minox line of optics are owned and operated by Leica Camera Inc. Minox optics date back some time. Most people know them for their famous spy cameras used in WWII. Minox is the name that Leica uses for products that are built off shore. The idea is to offer consumers the best binoculars in the world under the Leica name, then offer a line of optics just under the competition (Zeiss and Swarovski). So ideally if you want the best you get Leica and if you want the best for the money and a better than average binocular you go with Minox. There were not many binoculars in the price range of $400. - $600. known as "no mans land". Swarovski followed suit with the Kahles line (which is their Minox). Pentax did the same with their new water-proof DCF line. Truth be known, all three are made in the same factory. But that is where the simularity ends. This factory will build anything you want to what ever spec you want, they also have what they call "off the shelf" models that they will put your name on if you buy enough of them (Cabela's). It's kind of like going to the dealership and ordering a car. You start with a base model and start adding options. The Minox uses the best of everyting (glass, coatings, seals, etc.) It can pretty safely be said that the Minox binoculars are at the top as far as value or bang for your buck. Unfortunately not everyone is familar with the Minox name and never give them a chance. People that have bought them, love them.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Chris,
<br>
<br>"Truth be known, all three are made in the same factory. But that is where the simularity ends."
<br>
<br>All three being Kahles, Minox and Pentax DCF or do you mean Swarovski, Zeiss and Leica? If it is the former three, where is that offshore factory?
<br>
<br>Thanks, John

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i've just got my swarovski 10x50 slc binoculars from chris, these are the best so far in my opinion for clarity and sharpness. it's just unbelievable./ thanks chris again for making doing business with you a pleasure. by the way, this guy really stocks everything he sells. i saw his warehouse, i'm telling you guys it's like i died and went to heaven. screw the 70 virgins in heaven i want a heaven full of nice optics and guns.
<br>
<br> sambo

we didn't get to the top of the food chain
to eat salad.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The Pimp will be getting a Leica 1200 LRF from SWFA,here shortly. His Wife called and asked me who had the best price and I steered her towards Chris.
<br>
<br>That is the type of a suprise,that a guy likes to get....................

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,872 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,232
Posts18,485,687
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.