Print Thread
Hop To
L
LT_DAN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
dont know if this has been posted already. this vid is of an incident this week near Rustenburg in the N-west province RSA. a popular hunting destination.
18 dead. union infighting( at a platinum mine) that led to two dead cops earlier the week. the cops where hacked to death with pangas. there were 3000 protesters armed with guns and spears and pangas

http://www.reuters.com/video/2012/0...ideoId=237100070&videoChannel=117764

Last edited by LT_DAN; 08/17/12.

I might hunt too much, but it is still not enough!
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Saw that on the news. The guide I hunted with in 2009 lives in Rustenberg. My dad and I hunted outside of Rustenburg so may have driven by that mine or maybe it was the refinery.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting Lt Dan. This really helps conveying the security situation in SA as perceived by many.

L
LT_DAN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
the truth shell set you free. the ANC whants SA to keep quiet.
Never. this happened not far from where I live.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Better lay in a supply of 577/450s and have your Martini-Henry-and a bayonet, with some guts behind it... ready. wogs, they never change..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
how sad

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LT_DAN
the truth shell set you free. the ANC whants SA to keep quiet.
Never. this happened not far from where I live.

If you want the truth and if you really want to be set free by it Lt Dan, then I can highly recommend reading the Bible. If ever you want your mind to be skewered and slow roasted over a fire of half-truths and speculation then go ahead and read and believe the media.

If we publish one-sided views like this video on a chat room where hunters are turning to for unbiased information, what would you think would be the result if they saw this and thought the whole of the country looks like that? Was your life in any way threatened by these actions? Did you add a post script saying it is an isolated incident approx 1,5 � 2 hours drive West of Pretoria and Johannesburg in an area where hunting will not be effected?

It is not a question of keeping quiet. If you feel you have a dire need to blabber to the world about the situation in SA there are several sites where you can have fun on.

Pieter
PS: I have never seen a retraction printed of anything said in the Bible.

L
LT_DAN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Pieter, since I joined this forum in 2008 I have been asked many times about incidents that happened here, by members of this forum as well as member that I have met and become friend with since. I have been asked in the past by members to keep them up to date whenever RSA is in the world news. call it a local perspective without the BS!! if I can quote on of the members.this is no exception

the world is being told that the police fired without reason and this vid shows that the police were charged. furthermore the world is being told that SA is such a dangerous place due to the fact that the police are incapable or reluctant to act. this vid also shows that when needs be the police do their job.

Pieter in the first world this vid is not edited like on our local news. this vid and more has been shown all over the world, what potential hunters saw from my post is not news to them. at least here( on the forum) we locals can give them the truth of what the real situation is.

in the past I have been asked many things. from the what shots to get against local diseases to what my take was on the local banks and what my opinion is on why our local banks did so well during the credit credit crunch.

I think you may have red something malicious into my post, I can assure you it is not the case. The fact is S-Afric and Africa in general has always had hot spots, and always will have. The only way around this is to ensure that your outfitter/ph is reliable and will guide you around and away from hot spots.

Pieter this in mind, I think you reacted a bit harsh, I put this down to the fact that you dont know my past here on the forum. but not to worry I have reacted harshly in the past as well. so no hard feelings.

Mark, after I lost your call yesterday I thought to suggest that in future if the connection is lost try me on scype. most of the time the problem is not with the international connection, but quite simply my local mobile connection at my home comes and goes.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 46 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,345
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.