Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It seems so easy. President Obama wants to cut Medicare by $716 Billion for
current seniors. And 4 million people would be kicked off their Medicare plans.
Who would vote for this crazy

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are missing the details, it's all in the details.

Obama is NIT "cutting" $716 Billion from medicare, he is making cuts to drug companies and the industry that is over payment, waste and fraud, that adds back into the system for more and better care.

Romney's cuts are actually cuts that reduce care and would increase the direct costs to the elderly.

The question you meant was "who wouldn't vote for Obamacare?".

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Back for some more ass-whoopins',eh junior? Your cluelessness picks up right where you left it.

Did DU put you on probation after your last epic failings here or are you a mere glutton for punishment?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say that according to his signature, he's got a rather closed mind...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As Romney and Obama are sparring over Medicare plans, it seems clear the president's plan
is going to have a dramatic impact on today's seniors. People hoping to retire in 10 years
or more are going to get screwed either way.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Demacrates stole my money an yours from S.S. now Medicare .This nut want to steel 736billion from medicare to go to obama care I say pizz on them pyt all the cash back in you stole plus the bail out cash we mit call this about 80 % done then get lost for the other 20%

Last edited by savage62; 08/20/12. Reason: add
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If Bam-bam is cutting waste, why hasn't he done it before now? If it is that easy to find, it should have been done in the last three years.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffP40
If Bam-bam is cutting waste, why hasn't he done it before now? If it is that easy to find, it should have been done in the last three years.

Very good question. I would love to hear Bam-bam answer that one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by JeffP40

Very good question. I would love to hear Bam-bam answer that one.

Yep, and the stuff being cut from medicare is real care, really needed such as knee replacements and such for anyone over 75. Having worked the last 18 years in the long term care planning business before retireg 1 year ago, insurance side, I can tell you that such is a very cruel cut.

When the Seniors learn of what is really in the Obamacare model I think O Bammy will go down in flames, as he well should.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Here is why I am suspicious of Romney. He has made a major production of declaring no change to Medicare. It's not so much that I doubt that he can fulfill his pronouncement, it is more the way he presented it in such a vague way. We know that Medicare co-payments and premiums have increased under The Kenyan. Was Romney's pronouncement of no change to Medicare to mean that he is going to leave Obama's cost increases in place? Because I would have wanted him to pronounce that he would roll back all Medicare increases The Kenyan instituted.

Any cost increase of Medicare benefits including co-payments are tantamount to a tax on those most harmed by tax increase: the elderly and those who must live on fixed income.

So when Romney proudly proclaimed that he would not change Medicare, did he mean that he's good with Obama's cost increases of Medicare?

Does anyone know exactly what Romney's Medicare plan entails?

How can any politician leave Medicare and Prescription Drug Benefits unaltered when taken together amount to about a hundred trillion unfunded liability. So when any politician promises to leave these benefits unaltered I become naturally suspicious.

Thanks in advance.

IC B3

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No matter who wins in Nov, Dem or Repub, if you where born after 1960 forget about retiring at age 65.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 10 invisible), 1,190 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,229
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.