Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by angrybeaver
Tell ya what, AB, if you have fired these big calibers then I suspect that you are way ahead of a lot of the crew here.

And don't let em run ya off. None of us know whether or not you are for real just like most of us have no idea of what a lot of the gang here are all about so just hang in there.

Kalispell, huh? You know where "Goat Hill" is?

You must be referring to Buffalo Hill golf club...plenty of goats & hills though,lol.
Been to and hunted near Goathill, in southern England, Dorset county, lovely place.

Wrong answer. Are you familiar with Appelway Drive?

Dude! Don't go scaring her off before I talk her into going camping with me. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AllisonXTB
This Biatch a Troll! Post a video of you shooting then we can eat our words until then...Go jerk off! laugh laugh laugh

Says the pot to the kettle.........

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Tell ya what, AB, if you have fired these big calibers then I suspect that you are way ahead of a lot of the crew here.

And don't let em run ya off. None of us know whether or not you are for real just like most of us have no idea of what a lot of the gang here are all about so just hang in there.

Kalispell, huh? You know where "Goat Hill" is?

You must be referring to Buffalo Hill golf club...plenty of goats & hills though,lol.
Been to and hunted near Goathill, in southern England, Dorset county, lovely place.

Wrong answer. Are you familiar with Appelway Drive?

Dude! Don't go scaring her off before I talk her into going camping with me. grin

grin Be sure to bring your biggest gun! grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Pics or you didn't happen.

"pics"???
Of what.
Jerk.
What is wrong with some of you here?
Rude & unwelcoming? confused

Get a 338WM and don't look back.

Still when I joined I did not feel the need to describe my looks.

Be careful on the net

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Yup, clearly has a "Root-ish" air to it.

Oh well,.....

GTC

Sir I notice you have 37,000+ posts...?
Is that a mis-print, others have less but still in the thousands!
Sir this is NOT just directed at you ...but for ALL the haters, doubters and cynics that instead of welcoming a new sincere member who was seeking just some good advice, became instantly paranoid and consumed with attacks.
I apologize for my ""RACY" sense of humor, sometimes filled with innuendo & female tease, just my way, and get a lot of flack from my family for it, but kidding aside, serious hunter and seems can shoot circles around some of yu girly men and for that, I am attacked.
I was having coffee with my dad and brothers at one of our local outposts, and they reminded me that the WW web is too often, a place for clerks & jerks.
That NO TRUE outdoorsmen of hunter would waste so much time behind a computer terminal, they just would NOT. We are not wired that way, nor care about cyber things and that these guys are just wanna-bees, armchair hunters, and not to pay them any mind or let them get yur goat. Ha, so true, I see it.
I came on here thinking there MAY just some knowledgable riflemen here, apparently not too many,more so those who are concerned whether the "poster' IS REAL of is it a man or women or mythological woodland creature, whatever.

PATHETIC.

If you spent 1/4 the time in the field, at the range or reloading bench as you do here, at your cyber "campfire" , you might be able to handle the recoil of the common mid-caliber guns like the .416 & .375 instead of whining about your aches & pains and weak limitations.
Obviously, the do not make men like my dad & brothers any longer, too many of you must be too much in touch with your "feminine side" if all you can handle are .270's & 30-06's, and want to rundown those of us , yes even girls, who can and DO shoot the big bores.

PICS...I do not have to feed your stupid male hormonal titillations with pics of me, guns, hunting, etc., prove it to YOU...WHY?
Who cares what you believe or do not.

Pathetic.

I came for some basic simple honest feedback on rifle makes & models, NOT what "caliber" a girl like me should shoot.
For some of you, your male ego is pathetic, and blinds any shred of decency & intelligence you may have?
I will not wast my time here any longer, wrong place for help of any kind...bunch of phony fantasy woodsmen who should just stick to paintball & air-soft safaris.
Later.

Last edited by angrybeaver; 08/21/12.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Oh well,.....

GTC

Sir this is NOT just directed at you ...but for ALL the haters, doubters and cynics that instead of welcoming a new sincere member who was seeking just some good advice, became instantly paranoid and consumed with attacks.
I was having coffee with my dad and brothers at one of our local outposts, and they reminded me that the WW web is too often, a place for clerks & jerks.
That NO TRUE outdoorsmen of hunter would waste so much time behind a computer terminal, they just would NOT. We are not wired that way, nor care about cyber things and that these guys are just wanna-bees, armchair hunters, and not to pay them any mind or let them get yur goat. Ha, so true, I see it.
I came on here thinking there MAY just some knowledgable riflemen here, apparently not too many,more so those who are concerned whether the "poster' IS REAL of is it a man or women or mythological woodland creature, whatever.

PATHETIC.

If you spent 1/4 the time in the field, at the range or reloading bench as you do here, at your cyber "campfire" , you might be able to handle the recoil of the common mid-caliber guns like the .416 & .375 instead of whining about your aches & pains and weak limitations.
Obviously, the do not make men like my dad & brothers any longer, too many of you must be too much in touch with your "feminine side" if all you can handle are .270's & 30-06's, and want to rundown those of us , yes even girls, who can and DO shoot the big bores.

PICS...I do not have to feed your stupid male hormonal titillations with pics of me, guns, hunting, etc., prove it to YOU...WHY?

Pathetic.

I came for some basic simple honest feedback on rifle makes & models, NOT what "caliber" a girl like me should shoot.
For some of you, your male ego is pathetic, and blinds any shred of decency & intelligence you may have?
I will not wast my time here any longer, wrong place for help of any kind...bunch of phony fantasy woodsmen who should just stick to paintball & air-soft safaris.
Later.

Why not go ask your Dad and Brothers for advice since they know so dang much. whistle

Last edited by AllisonXTB; 08/21/12.

"Hey hold my beer while I shoot this buck"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Angry beaver, just caught this thread...
I do have a few questions - If you family knows so much about guns, why do you search a forum where people are bashing you up? Need the attention or maybe your dad and brother do not know that much?
Do u need more gun than the multiple ones you have to hunt in North America?
By the way, caliber is the diameter of the projectile, cartridge is the combination. i.e. 7mm RM has more recoil than a 7-08 and they are the same caliber.
Good luck camping nekked, where do you pack your .500 when u frolick in the woods?? never mind dont tell.
Oh, most guys here likely do not measure their manhood by the amount or recoil they can tolerate

Last edited by Sponxx; 08/21/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RyanTX
This Biatch a Troll! Post a video of you shooting then we can eat our words until then...Go jerk off! laugh laugh laugh

Says the pot to the kettle.........

Naw says kettle to the pot! Get it right arse! grin

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A

Oh well,.....

GTC

PATHETIC.

Pathetic.

Later.

Why not go ask your Dad and Brothers for advice since they know so dang much. whistle

Because they are not into the technical aspects of different rifles & models, they just shoot with anything they have.
I wanted something that would fit me as close to perfect as could, well since I am only a girl, lol, and can't possibly handle the guns you big strong boys can...

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I came for some basic simple honest feedback on rifle makes & models

Which is why you began by bragging about being published, shooting heavy recoiling cartridges, sleeping nekkid, and running with the breeze caressing your mommy parts.

Right, then...

You're probably best served by finding web forums that cater to that sort of thing.

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 08/21/12.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I came for some basic simple honest feedback on rifle makes & models

Which is why you began by bragging about being published, shooting heavy recoiling cartridges, sleeping nekkid, and running with the breeze caressing your mommy parts.

Right, then...

You're probably best served by finding web forums that cater to that sort of thing.

FC

Which is why I was wanting video or a picture lmbo! laugh whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by temmi
Still when I joined I did not feel the need to describe my looks.

Be careful on the net

Snake

And we appreciated that then and now. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well, she's lasted longer than Nordic Chic

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord

How do you know its a SHE? confused

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To answer our first questions, unless you are going for buffalo or larger a .375 should be more than enough. I currently have a customized CZ and a Whitwoth. I like them both very much. Accuracy is comparable but the CZ is almost 2 pounds heavier in part due to the Bastogne stock. Less recoil but also more work.

I also have a Model 70 in .416 Rem and one in .404 Jeffery. They are also heavy and with much more noticeable recoil. I consider the 416 the minimum for buff or larger but it is overkill for plains game or most North American game. I also do not like plastic stocks. So ... Maybe the best thing to do is look at, hold, and if possible shoot several and pick the one you like best.

In regard to all the other comments and suggestions: Once a man has seen a pair, he wants to see them all. It's the way of the world. Suggestive hints and comments draw suggestive responses.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by slumlord

How do you know its a SHE? confused

I'd say just wishful thinking... whistle Angrybeaver, don't go away mad. If you are truly who or what you say you are, I welcome you to the fire. We don't need to play games though and yes, some of us are on here far too often, but that doesn't mean we arn't great hunters/shooters/handloaders. There's tons of great information here and some great people too. Don't hate us because most of us are your typical testosterone filled males....I for one would love to talk rifles/cartridges with you, but it would seriously give me the creeps if I found out you were some guy in a dress trying to get us all riled up....However, like I said earlier, if you are truly who you say you are then stick around and chat with us...I've got a CZ 550 american in 9.3x62 that I love but that's the only CZ I have experience with. I don't shoot too many big guns because I don't plan on going on a safari too soon. I've got a passion for pre 64 model 70's and other mauser type action rifles....Good luck with your search angrybeaver......

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Later.

Well, anyways, if you're still about - to answer your original question...of the list you give, I'd probably look at the CZ American in .416 Rigby, or the M70 in .375 H&H. Since FN moved production of the M70 to South Carolina, they have earned quite a few compliments on quality, so I think you would be pleased with its accuracy. The people who use such rifles on DG sometimes do mods to improve reliability, so if you plan to use it on DG, do some research about such mods. As far as recoil goes, hey, if you can shoot them well, more power to you. I'd tell you the same thing if you were a guy, too.

Realize also, assuming you are who you say you are, that a couple years ago a female member of the board posed as a young fun-loving chick, and embarrassed a bunch of guys when they flirted with "the new girl". Also realize, most guys on here are married, and don't want their wives to think they are flirting with women online, hence the cool reception. There is a wealth of knowledge here, so if you want to take advantage of it, I'd pick a different handle, ask the questions in a serious manner, and I think you'd get a lot of helpful info.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Something smells fishy, no pun intended. wink

just another [bleep] troll. Seem to be getting a rash of them lately.

Sam......

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Freaking AkMtnHntr coulda been a good point man in Viet Nam.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You think he wasn't?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 42 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.