Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
a long documented imponderable.

Yikes, it was worth reading all the rest of this thread just to get to this jewel of an analogy...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I'm thinking a taser would have been enough, but what is the range? A guy with a knife can cover 10 feet pretty quickly. probably less than 2 seconds.
He was an older out of shape man. It wouldn't have been hard for the cops to maintain a safe distance from him for a while longer while attempting to persuade him to drop the knife. He never lunged towards anyone in an attacking manner.

Well, why don't you go into the hood and show them how to do it right with your nun chucks and a shallele.(sp)

I'm sure the guy would have complied with your commands then.

Clyde

P.S. some here have said you didn't get into the department because they met a quota of some sort and didn't need you. No matter what you say, you have it in for the police. No one can harbor that much hate and spend that much time finding these incidents to not be filled with hate.

Go out and cut a tree with an electric chain saw or something.

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taser MUST hit flesh. Have you EVER been in a realy close hard situation? Taser are not reliable for situations like this. Tasers were really developed to be a good alternative to smacking a guy with a nightstick. They were not and are not recommende to substitute for a gun. They just don't pass muster for deadly encounters.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by yukon375
Why dident they have there tazers trained on him instead of there guns in the first place? With 6 of em u would think one had enough common sense to.

Perhaps your eyesight is as good as TRH's. Do you see Tasers or are you familiar with the agency?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
6 cops with tazers against one dude with a knife? lol i dident think cops were that big of puzzies. and arent they suppossed to have some sort of training for these high presure situations? them cops need to be charged with and convicted for murder. thats what it was.
Originally Posted by DINK
boy them cops are real tough. 6 cops put together couldent come up with an IQ high enough to think about using a tazer?

You should call your local PD and tell them you volunteer to use a Taser against all subjects armed with knives, axes, machetes, etc.

Just remember that you have be with in 21-25 feet depending on cartridge and both probes have to hit because you get nothing with one. I will give you a heads up that one probe comes off the cartridge at a downward angle (8 degrees I believe).

Good luck and please post pics when your done.

Dink

Does that mean your not going to volunteer?

Most experts I know of call the shots from the safety of their computers.

Dink

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What's that saying? If ya can't stand the heat stay out pf the kitchen I watch that video and I see cowards executing a homeless man them cops need convicted for murder

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
What's that saying? If ya can't stand the heat stay out pf the kitchen I watch that video and I see cowards executing a homeless man them cops need convicted for murder

That's easy for a expect to say while sitting around their computer never having to deal with anything more dangerous than a can opener.

You have all the answers now back it up by volunteering.

Dink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lol u have no clue what ur talking about. You cannot defend the video so u try to attack me. Btw im an e.h.v. hotstick lineman. So don' run ur yip to me about"danger". Fact is in the video the cops executed the homeless man. They need to be charged with murder.

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fact is you're guessing.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am so glad I never went into law enforcement. I would have thought dealing with the dregs of society day in and day out would be the worst part, but honestly the worst part would be the absolutely thanklessness of the job and constant criticism. It's either you reacted with too much force, or you didn't show up fast enough to prevent whatever offense was committed. God forbid the perp in the video had assaulted someone because then the cops would certainly be guilty of not keeping this menace to society off the streets.

I copied this from another forum discussing open vs. concealed carry. It's quite pertanent to this discussion, and keep in mind that the officers duty is to protect the community at large, themselves and fellow officers. Their job is not to be a martyr and give screwed up individuals every chance possible to turn around their lives.

These are sayings regarding how to survive a life or death situation.

Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
Only hits count. A close miss is still a miss.
If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movements are preferred.)
If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.
Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Always cheat = always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
Have a plan.
Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
Use cover and concealment as much as possible.
Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
Don't drop your guard.
Always tactically reload and threat scan 360 degrees.
Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
Decide to be AGGRESSIVE enough, QUICKLY enough.
The faster you finish the fight, the less shot up you will get.
Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4".

IC B3

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
...have a plan to kill everyone you meet...

This, unfortunately, is the very basis of why we have so many inappropriate shootings of this type. It certainly should NOT be a mantra for those who are sworn to protect and serve us.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I recall that quote was from a General, so applied more to military personal.

That said, when the issue is boiled down to a confrontation with an armed individual the reality of the situation is kill or be killed. I feel sorry for the officers being put in such situations, but all the touchy feely he's a misunderstood individual is just crap. There are bad violent people in the world and the only way to deel with them is lock them up in cages like the animals they are, or put them down like the rabid dogs they are. A very harsh way to look at the situation, but it is what it is.

I didn't see anything inapropriate about this shooting. Armed individual is told to put down the weapon. Individaul refuses to put down the weapon. Individual heads towards officer with weapon. Individual is shot and killed for the actions he chose.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
charge them and let the jury decide. at least they will get that, the homeless man dident get that luxury.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bull...

He made the choice to keep the knife which eliminated that option.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lol u have no clue what ur talking about. You cannot defend the video so u try to attack me. Btw im an e.h.v. hotstick lineman. So don' run ur yip to me about"danger". Fact is in the video the cops executed the homeless man. They need to be charged with murder.

Well there you have it. I was hoping an electrician would finally weigh in on this and settle everything.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Bull...

He made the choice to keep the knife which eliminated that option.

Brilliant.

"Keeping" a knife should not have resulted in his execution.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Well there you have it. I was hoping an electrician would finally weigh in on this and settle everything.

===========

TF.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Appears that half of the 46 shots were fired after Hall was on the ground. I guess Michigan cops are trained to keep shooting until the suspect is definitely dead - and then fire a few more for good measure.

Given that the guy only had a knife and he was in an uncrowded parking lot surrounded by 6 cops, I should have thought that once he was on the ground, the shooting would have stopped and he could be handcuffed and first aid administered.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
That was pretty bad, pretty uptight cops if you ask me. Definitely not a situation that needed to end with the guy getting killed.

Last edited by sse; 08/22/12.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

LOL...yeah you know all about dealing with armed people. I mean you face danger everyday of not touching a wire that does not move and grounding yourself. Living on the edge there.

Sometimes you have to put on rubber gloves to protect yourself from the danger...lol. When you deal with danger sometimes you have to break out the bucket truck. How do you do it? Do you get hazard pay?

Another idiot trying make calls on situations that you have no idea about.

Dink

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (02bfishn, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,571
Posts18,491,880
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.