Hop To
#6803071 08/23/12
D
dcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
if some one offers item for sale and you respond with "ill take it" how long should you wait for seller to acknowledge the purchase? 3 days, 5 day, a week? no reasonable response time tells me sellar is holding out for better deal. what say!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1 day tops!

guns to me are like legal crack
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Did you follow up with a PM?

Was it read?

Have you checked to see if they've been online since your post?

If they offer an item at say $100, and you say "I'll take it", what sort of "better deal" do you think they're holding out for?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 303savage
1 day tops!

What he said.

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.
D
dcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
on8-5 i said "ill take it" no response till 8-12. advised seller i forgot about item. seller then responded that he had another offer. based on time frame i conceded to other purchaser. nice item, fair price, just to much lag time between communication. i felt uneasy and advised seller to take other offer on 8-13. item immediately reposted with lower price.? i follow my gut and subscribe to buyer beware. but most importantly communication is king. somebody wants to buy you sell it to him. quick!

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Agree, one day should suffice unless extenuating circumstances; such as illness or emergency. It happens with us old farts on occasion!!!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by dcd
on8-5 i said "ill take it" no response till 8-12. advised seller i forgot about item. seller then responded that he had another offer. based on time frame i conceded to other purchaser. nice item, fair price, just to much lag time between communication. i felt uneasy and advised seller to take other offer on 8-13. item immediately reposted with lower price.? i follow my gut and subscribe to buyer beware. but most importantly communication is king. somebody wants to buy you sell it to him. quick!

I just went and looked.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Johnson_Mills_Wool_Hunting_#Post6747287

You are correct, there was a week lag.

However, it looks like he agreed to sell it to you.

By your own admission above, you then changed your mind.

And, it was not "immediately reposted with a lower price". It was noted as "not sold", and the same price was put on the same line. The price wasn't adjusted until two days later.

If you're going to start calling out people, you better have a solid, and consistent, story....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a similar issue on another forum. After 24+ hours, I sent a PM explaining I would have to withdraw my offer based upon non-response and basically that the whole thing raised a red flag with me. Seller understood and went on to sell to another individual (had been very busy).

cavaet emptor

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
D
dcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
agree. the issue , on my end was the week delay. i moved on and forgot about item. advised seller and agreed to renegotiate sale. seller advised of other offer. i conceded to other buyer. then item was reposted. my bad for mistake in chronology but again issue was the week delay or item would have been in the mail. as stated i moved on. but this is not slamming seller just a wake up statement about communication and diligence. i would like to have purchased and am the guilty party for not being patient. but items move very quickly on the fire and "snooze you loose" many times affects the outcome of a sale.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This all sounds so horrible.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I don't understand is why this stuff even gets brought up. If you wanted the item buy it, if not move on. It wasn't as if the guy screwed you. He contacted you a week later. You had the option to buy it or move on. You moved on so what is the problem.

GA precision all day long
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Onpoint
What I don't understand is why this stuff even gets brought up. If you wanted the item buy it, if not move on. It wasn't as if the guy screwed you. He contacted you a week later. You had the option to buy it or move on. You moved on so what is the problem.

Gotta agree there. Must be a slow week in someones house.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No chit....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,586
Posts18,511,102
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.