Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sounds like a really good time was had by all, despite the one fella that took the unfortunate skewering. Sorry I missed the festivities.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
you're company was diffidently missed.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
sponxx just found out from Johnathon's dad that he was admitted back into driscoll children's hospital last night with an infection. their pumping him full of antibiotics right now, apparently they didn't rinse that wound out when he first went in.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Ice--melts rather quickly on the beach so Rocky came up with a new drink called the RR.
whistle

Funny how "5 day" coolers only keep ice for 2 days mad I might have to bite the bullet & get a Yeti.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
i have a source to get them wholesale.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
sponxx just found out from Johnathon's dad that he was admitted back into driscoll children's hospital last night with an infection. their pumping him full of antibiotics right now, apparently they didn't rinse that wound out when he first went in.

crap, that's not good. Hope they can get it fixed. I could see how it would be hard to disinfect a long hole like that one.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
that kiddos biggest worry is if he'll be able to fish sharkathon next month. to be 16 again and that be your only worry.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Ice--melts rather quickly on the beach so Rocky came up with a new drink called the RR.
whistle

Funny how "5 day" coolers only keep ice for 2 days mad I might have to bite the bullet & get a Yeti.

I put ice (20 lb.) and food in my Yeti on Wed, added 10 lbs as I left CC, had very cold water as of Sunday night 6:30pm when I got home, emptied out the food and dumped remaining ice this morning. Took a big chunk of ice out to make margarita's on Sat.
But this one was not opened much. The beer/drink coolers are going to melt quick cause of the open close all of the time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
that kiddos biggest worry is if he'll be able to fish sharkathon next month. to be 16 again and that be your only worry.

Hope he heals quick. Keep us in the loop on the hand/wrist.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Roger, thanks for the update. Hopefully he gets better soon. It is good he has the spirit and drive to fish and I bet he will be able to. As long as the infection has not affected the deeper layers of muscle or tendons, the antibiotics should get ahold of it.
I had told Albert that he probably would get about 24h of IV antibiotics before going home...

crap, that's not good. Hope they can get it fixed. I could see how it would be hard to disinfect a long hole like that one.

Pat, with those kind of wounds you get a long tipped syringe that holds about 4oz of saline, stick it in the hole and flush it with 1-2 liters of water, but even then antibiotics are needed since the rod had gone thru a dead fish. Bad deal no matter how you slice it, and increasing the risk for infection in surrounding and deeper tissue was another reason I did not open it up more on the beach.
Send him my best wishes and tell him that my son was very concerned about "the boy with the wound"

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll keep you up dated Pablo.

I wonder if rocky has made it home yet.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bet he knew Neil Armstrong and has gone that way for a few days. He sounded pretty sad over his death.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
yes he was.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
stx, sorry i couldnt make it to pins, but every tractor but one crapped out last week , 7810, lost front wheel drive 5525 blew a turbo all to hell, still waiting on parts.7730 oil pump went out, so ive been up to my butt in grease and oil all week, was sorry to see a young man was injured i hope he heals soon, did you guys catch anything? post some more pictures really enjoy your pictures. rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
rocky took a lot of pictures, i;m sure he'll be posting them up in a day or two. we caught a lot of whiting but nothing big, one big bait was picked up and partially eaten by a tiger shark judging from the teeth marks but it didn't get hooked.I believe Johnathon will be alright hes a tough kid.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A friggin' great experience in which is was once again my priviledge to be a part cool

We sure have an eclectic collection of great folks on the 'Fire.

Ya know I brung dog food, an even emergency back-up granola, but never had cause to reach for neither, and even the dog, who thought she had landed in heaven, was obliged to bury more rib and steak pieces than she had ever seen before in her whole four months of life.

And once again I'll reaffirm my decision, should I ever decide to become an alchoholic, to travel to Peru to do it, where I shall remain permanently soused on pisco wink

And surely in Hell, during Happy Hour, they serve green Gatorade spiked with Jim Beam grin

Thanks to everyone who could make it, especially Rog who set the whole thing up.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Roger, thanks for the update. Hopefully he gets better soon. It is good he has the spirit and drive to fish and I bet he will be able to. As long as the infection has not affected the deeper layers of muscle or tendons, the antibiotics should get ahold of it.
I had told Albert that he probably would get about 24h of IV antibiotics before going home...

Pat, with those kind of wounds you get a long tipped syringe that holds about 4oz of saline, stick it in the hole and flush it with 1-2 liters of water, but even then antibiotics are needed since the rod had gone thru a dead fish. Bad deal no matter how you slice it, and increasing the risk for infection in surrounding and deeper tissue was another reason I did not open it up more on the beach.
Send him my best wishes and tell him that my son was very concerned about "the boy with the wound"

And I think I can speak for the rest of the guys, that we appreciated you immediately assisting with the young man. He was pretty shaken up at first and I think your working with him got him calmed down, even though he was hurting.

I will have to confess I nearly had a oops moment myself, later that day. I was fishing a topwater lure when a seagull dived on it. I violently yanked on the line so the bird wouldn't get hooked, and that Lucky Craft with its three sticky sharp treble hooks flew straight back at me. I threw up an arm and caught the lure there; luckily none of the barbs went in. That was the end of topwater fishing blush

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reporting in.

I got home safely Monday evening and just had enough energy to get the musty clothes out of my luggage, hit a few high notes of the experience with my wife and conk out.

Will sort through the hundreds of photos I took and will post a link to them on Photobucket ASAP. Far too many to post here, but I'll get a few of them up.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
good to hear you made it home safe and sound.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I made it home yesterday, tired but safe and sound. Here are a few pictures that I took. miles

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 12 invisible), 980 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.