Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
DocR - recommended age for vaccination?

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you ever get shingles, the only disappointment you'll have is that you DIDN'T get the shot. I had them last year for 9 weeks, and believe me, YOU NEVER WANT TO HAVE SHINGLES. Not fun. Get the shot...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And once you have them, they NEVER completely go away. The rash will, but may come back. The nerve damage is always going to be there and will cause periodic pain.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Age indications are 50 years of age and older. I second DocRocket's comments. As soon as our immunizations clinic gets Zostivax in, it goes fast.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Last I looked it was 50. Dunno when Medicare will pay for it, some private insurance will pay for it. You can get Zostivax at any age if you pony up the dough and your doc has some on hand, but most immunization clinics are restricting it to 50+

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Get it. I tried to get one several times along with my annual fly shot but they were always out of it. My doc told me they only make it in limited quantities and it goes fast. He had some on hand, fortunately, so I got mine with my last physical. As it was my Medicare baseline physical, they paid for a big chunk of it.

Shingles is a silly-sounding thing but it is a serious disease that you REALLY want to avoid. If you have ever had chicken pox, you almost certainly already have the virus inside you - and the clock is ticking on when it decides to become active.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Probably those that think they don't need or won't get the Shingles vaccine, would not have gotten the polio vaccine. Same mind set. Wait until you or some one in your faimily gets it and you wll change your mind.
I had shingles at an early age for 3 months but my Dr. still reccomended me getting vaccinated.I also get flu shots every year and a pneumonia shot when it's time.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Probably those that think they don't need or won't get the Shingles vaccine, would not have gotten the polio vaccine. Same mind set. Wait until you or some one in your faimily gets it and you wll change your mind.
I had shingles at an early age for 3 months but my Dr. still reccomended me getting vaccinated.I also get flu shots every year and a pneumonia shot when it's time.

yeah i dont get it either.....vaccines are one of the more basic types of meds....they flat out work with your body to improve its immune system....the science is basic and proven....always laugh bout the idiots that bring up mercury as there is more mercury in a couple decent sized tuna sandwiches or a swordfish steak than all the vaccines you would ever get in your life....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 6 invisible), 1,200 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,137
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.