Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Little off subject but Typical Bicyclist.... think they own the road

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are witnessing the continued pusification of America.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jt402
Note a few things to you jail house lawyers. The police did release him pending investigation. The DA will get to review the case for his input. Then the grand jury will look it over (if it gets that far). And finally a jury of peers may have to make a decision as to what is right.

IMO, from what we were told, the cops were not automatically ready to condemn. Lets wait for others to have their input. Prosecutors and grand juries have an obligation to look at homicides. jack
If you'd have read it closer you'd see I just made commentary on what is known and cautioned that even that has been put through the media's filter and is to be taken with a grain of salt. If you personally don't want to comment other than to tell others not to comment, then I got to say why bother? Also, I'm not a "Jailhouse Lawyer" and know of no others who regularly contribute her.

And that's a fact Jack.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
You are witnessing the continued pusification of America.
Let's all just be cautious and wait and see what the Grand Jury of our peers say about that and if that don't work, we can maybe take it to the Supreme Court where a key member can pusssy out. shocked But wait...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Reminds me of an incident I had years ago - same scenario but no shooting. Guy piled his bike into the side of my car and went over the hood. Came at me through the window flailing away, though I was able to settle him down without things escalating beyond that. I wasn't carrying at the time but also don't think the situation (in my case) warranted shooting the guy. I can see where this guy might have himself in a bit of a pickle...

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by PAMac
CCW and self defense from his car?, just wonder why an arrest had to be made?
Brought in for questioning would have been a better route...

I really hope this is just a media blurp....

I don't want to call you a retard, but this post makes me wonder...

Put the shoe on the other foot. Let's say it was YOU who rode into that guy's car, and an altercation resulted, and YOU got shot and killed. The other guy gives his version of events, and you can't, 'cause you're DEAD.

Now. Try to imagine how happy your family would be to know that the guy who killed you was "brought in for questioning".

This is the way it works, guys: if you shoot somebody, EXPECT TO BE ARRESTED. EXPECT to lose the gun you used to defend yourself permanently. EXPECT to lose all your guns, at least temporarily. EXPECT to spend at least 24 hours in jail. EXPECT to spend a minimum of several thousands of dollars to defend yourself even before you're charged.

If you carry a gun and don't realize that these outcomes are far more likely than the chance that you'll be allowed to walk away from the scene of the shooting a free man, you're a fool.

But I see people on this forum and at the Gun Club who think that the po-leece are gonna recognize them as the Good Guys they think they are themselves, and despite their ignorance of the law and police procedure, they persist in the delusion that they aren't gonna get dragged through a legal knothole backwards by their balls if they shoot somebody.

Jay-zuz.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So a bicyclist started to punchout a motorist and the motorist shot and killed him and nobody see's anything wrong with this ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doc, with one change that is pretty much it. I was involved in investigating several justified civilian shootings and their guns were ALL returned at resolution. Article 35 of the NYS Penal Law was also the prism through which any investigation was conducted.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
An incident almost like this occurred near St. Louis earlier this year and the driver was not charged under Missouri�s castle doctrine law. A male motorcyclist felt his wife (on another bike) was cut off by a driver exiting Interstate 70. The biker followed the car up the exit ramp, pulled up beside him, and indicated he wanted to talk to the driver of the car. The driver of the car rolled down the window (perhaps foolishly) and the biker started pounding him with fists after words were exchanged. The car driver pulled a .380, shot the biker (wounding him), and left the scene to turn himself in at the police station. The prosecuting attorney charged the biker with assault and declined to charge the driver of the car.

Last edited by InTheWoods; 08/31/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe the bicyclist was under doping drug influence and th� car driver an UCI representative .... That sport is not clean ...

Va t'in tch�re !
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had by-pass surgery and 6 stints. To go along with 3 heart attacks. Reach in my car window and I will intro you to a 45 acp. I wil not get out and wrestle or box. Unless your naked I will assume you are armed. I don't think most understand the castle doc. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This driver should be charged with murder, plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Different thinking in NJ. That behavior want fly in Texas. Our castle allows you to assume , someone who attacks you means you harm. No one can say , how much. Google Joe Horn. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
This driver should be charged with murder, plain and simple.

no its not.....the reason i dont get into fights and try to avoid stupid chit is cause im busted up and a simple fight could very possibly mean some expensive surgery to put me back together cause ive got ligaments and chit already mostly torn through.....if the guy had the keys out of the ignition ready to get out and talk to the guy and wait for the cops its quite possible fleeing wasnt an option.....whole lot of medical reasons why a beating could land your arse in serious trouble and into emergency surgery.....without knowing more facts it sure in the hell aint plain and simple murder...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Jim, that's nice to know, and I think that in most jurisdictions that's likely. My point is that if you EXPECT the worst, anything less than the worst is gonna be something you're gonna be able to deal with.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I won't second guess what should have been done, but can assure you that being "punched" alone, by a person of simular age and physical ability, will not be expected to cause a person to fear for his life.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Not enough evidence presented for us to make a determination, that's why they are reviewed by authorities.

I have always carried with the knowledge that if I do use my weapon, that I WILL expect to be arrested, I WILL spend time in jail, and I WILL have my firearm confiscated until things are cleared up. Just the way they do business......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Easy for me to imagine someone reaching through a window beating on someone to realize getting the keys out of the ignition is a good idea... Certainly making a play for them would hinder the driver's ability to shift and drive off.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I would bust a cap in anyone trying to hit or grab me through my vehicle window. Anyone doing that is crazy and i wouldn't want his knuckle blood from my teeth getting in my mouth.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I won't second guess what should have been done, but can assure you that being "punched" alone, by a person of simular age and physical ability, will not be expected to cause a person to fear for his life.

Exactly Pat. With all the jerkoff drivers we have here, and jerkoff's in general, it would be a war zone if everyone who had a MV related fight to start blasting away.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,108
Posts18,502,258
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.