Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'm all for safe loads too. Been loading since 1977, still have 10 fingers, 2 eyes, and a pulse. Plan to keep them all for as long as possible.

The only reason I even weighed in here is because dla was having a bit of a scoff at those who didn't run their 329pd's wide open, then stating he loads the 240 to 1200 fps. Seemed kinda odd to me, for a guy running a midrange load himself.

Hell, I mostly shoot light/mid loads in my 44 too, but I also have some full house stuff on the shelf.

I was born in 1977. Just sayin'...

grin

Travis

Rub it in....I went over 51 this year.....[bleep]!....grin

Hey, come to think of it, 1977 was also the year I bought my Ruger SBH. I was only 16. Went into the Coast-to-Coast hardware store in Sidney MT one day after school, by myself, bought the revolver with my summer work loot, and took it home. The clerk said just have one of my parents stop in and sign the paperwork next time they were in town.

Times sure have changed.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by safariman
BORN in 1977? I was already working full time, driving a Hurst Equipped Olds 442, and chasin the gals in 1977. Had already built one custom rifle and been handloading 6 years. I guess that makes me an old fart smile

Jesus! Are you sure you're not the ghost of safariman?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
dla,

Nobody really gives a [bleep] what you do or don't acknowledge.

Well put.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm all for safe loads too. Been loading since 1977, still have 10 fingers, 2 eyes, and a pulse. Plan to keep them all for as long as possible.

The only reason I even weighed in here is because dla was having a bit of a scoff at those who didn't run their 329pd's wide open, then stating he loads the 240 to 1200 fps. Seemed kinda odd to me, for a guy running a midrange load himself.

Hell, I mostly shoot light/mid loads in my 44 too, but I also have some full house stuff on the shelf.

grin

Travis

Hey, come to think of it, 1977 was also the year I bought my Ruger SBH. I was only 16. Went into the Coast-to-Coast hardware store in Sidney MT one day after school, by myself, bought the revolver with my summer work loot, and took it home. The clerk said just have one of my parents stop in and sign the paperwork next time they were in town.

Times sure have changed.

That's a cool story!

And that's the same BH you have now?

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Wow Safariman, your more than old enough to be my father. I was born in 78. LOL

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I was born in 1951 and started reloading my junior year in high school (1967-1968)

I have learned a lot in that time

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

grin

Travis
Hell, I graduated high school when you were still in diapers. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
bunch of old bastards

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

grin

Travis

Times sure have changed.

That's a cool story!

And that's the same BH you have now?

Travis

Yep, same 44. The only firearm I still have from those younger years, pre-warning SBH. It was originally a 7.5" bbl. Had it cut to 4 5/8", Bowen rear sight, Belt Mtn pin, steel ejector rod housing added. Here's a couple recent pics,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very pretty Ruger.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
safariman ...

Sorry for being slow ... haven't checked this thread for a while.

When new, I sent my M329PD to S&W's Performance Center for an action job. I asked them specifically to lighten the dbl-action pull. They then sent it to Magna-Port and then returned it to me. I've since installed Xframe grips, a Bowen lanyard loop and Bowen Rough Country rear sight. I haven't had issue with the IL ... yet. (Nov. thru March, I pack my M396ML 44Special.) I have no other mods in mind, although I'd love to have laser grips, but the Xframe grips are, IMHO, a necessity.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's a beaut Shane.

Never made it down to your shoots this summer. Now the season is upon us. Guess we'll have to wait for the Icebreaker...

Travis

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Travis, the Jul/Aug shoots at Townsend were both called off anyway, due to the fire danger. I haven't even done any LR shooting on my own the last couple months, because I didn't want to be the idiot who sets the countryside on fire.

Hopefully things are going to cool off a bit now and we can get some of these wildfires in ID/MT stomped out.

Shane

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Travis, the Jul/Aug shoots at Townsend were both called off anyway, due to the fire danger. I haven't even done any LR shooting on my own the last couple months, because I didn't want to be the idiot who sets the countryside on fire.

Hopefully things are going to cool off a bit now and we can get some of these wildfires in ID/MT stomped out.

Shane

At least now I don't feel like I missed anything.

Travis

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
This has been fun to read grin.....I have a PD357 and love to carry this revolver....but like some of the "nancy girls" here I also do not enjoy full power factory loads, which did jump crimp on me after the first two shots in the cylinder. I now load 265 grain hard cast gas checks at 1,000-1,100 fps. The gun is much more manageable for me (already said I'm a sissy!!) and I can't imagine what would stop that bullet and still want to hurt me laugh.

BTW have been a gun nut since the early 70s so I guess there are more than a few "old bastards" here wink

PennDog

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Old ? I started hunting deer and buying Shooter's Bibles in 1956..... E

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Old ? I started hunting deer and buying Shooter's Bibles in 1956..... E
My first Shooter's Bible was a 1977 edition.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.