Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Squints Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
So... Im thinking about attending one of Haley strategics Disruptive Handgun courses. They are extremely pricey. In fact a whopping 650 bucks for a 3 day course. Ive seen other courses such as Suarez international which are quite a bit cheaper....about 200 bucks less. What Im asking: Has anyone ever been to one of these courses? Have you been to both and can compare the two? Is there abything that takes place in the course thats not covered in the DVD, besides (obviously) the hands on shooting?. Im interested in 3 courses actually. All of them travel so I may get an opportunity to go to one nearby. Massad Ayoobs-MAG 40(800 bucks).
Haley Strategic Disrupstive Handgun(650), and Suarez internationals close range gunfighting(450). All of these are expensive- for me anyway. I suppose the last question may be the most important. One day I would like to be a firearms instructor. I realize none of these courses will make me one. However, which one will make me a better shooter overall is my question, so that I can be a better instructor. Feedback as always is appreciated.

"No better friend, No worse enemy"
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No one pistol course is going to make you a better instructor. Taking numerous courses from different instructors becomes somewhat valuable, as an instructor, as it allows one to teach each student to fit their individual needs and methods. The instructor who is more versed in various methodologies can adapt parts and pieces and tailor their instruction to each individual students strengths and weaknesses. The best method of evaluating an instructors ability is by evaluating their students abilities. An instructors primary focus should be effectively communicating ideas to each individual student, not how they can boost their ego by trying to impress students.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ayoob is overrated, just sayin'. Not bad, but Haley is better for less. Don't know about the last option, but I'd go haley if I could.

Squints Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
[quote= An instructors primary focus should be effectively communicating ideas to each individual student, not how they can boost their ego by trying to impress students. [/quote]
I agree with everything you said- my goal is to be the best instructor I could possibly be in the hopes that I teach a student something that might save their life. This is not about my ego or money. If I could make enough to live comfortably and do it all the time-great. If i have to do it as a part time job-thats fine.The second scenario is the more plausible. My only goal is to teach individuals tactics that may save their life and be the best shooter I can possibly be- because I believe that even as the instructor- you still have to be a student yourself...

Squints Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
Ayoob is overrated, just sayin'. Not bad, but Haley is better for less. Don't know about the last option, but I'd go haley if I could.

Doc Rocket-on the Ayoob being overated- Would highly disagree with you. Never taken his course- so I wouldnt know...

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,152
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.