Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This article is much too long to post here in its entirety, so here is the link. Very good read, last sentence is the best part but you have to read the rest first. Story takes place in Spragues gun store in Yuma, one my favorite hangouts. http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-issues/201209/gun-shopping-gq-september-2012?printable=true

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Article
"They should make it in Hello Kitty!" she said. "I would totally buy it if it was Hello Kitty."

"Sweet holy crap," the other man said. "That would be the worst possible death. Can you imagine? Shot dead by a Hello Kitty semiauto."

Kind of funny, my youngest daughter and I were going round and round about this very issue. shocked

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I always say to my daughter "hello kitty-goodbye fifty dollars"

teaching her to shop at Goodwill- snooty people throw away damn good chit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
already had that issue with my daughter in middle school. somebody said something about her clothes. i asked her do you like the clothes and she said yeah. i said so don't worry , these "so called" popular girls will be pregnant and handing you fries out the drive through window before y'all are out of high school.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Really good article. Would like to see more like that. Fair and honest is rare today.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
[Linked Image]

Priceless!!! laugh

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting article. Kind of "we have met the enemy and they are us" type. Pretty fair and balanced and I think it maybe didn't convert the author but it showed them that there is far more to our rights than the media or most city folks get.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
an article about guns in GQ? What ARE we coming to in America. laugh

Sam......

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Has the law changed? How can a non-resident of Arizona( or its contengenous states)purchase a fire arm in Arizona?

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Has the law changed? How can a non-resident of Arizona( or its contengenous states)purchase a fire arm in Arizona?

Friend of mine in Calif. bought a shotgun at Spragues... I don't remember if he had it shipped to a FFL, or came back and picked it up. But it was a legal purchase.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by websterparish47

Friend of mine in Calif. bought a shotgun at Spragues... I don't remember if he had it shipped to a FFL, or came back and picked it up. But it was a legal purchase.
I believe California borders Arizona(contengenous sp state)

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I especially like the extra hello kitty on the scope! Nice touch.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Long arms are legal, handguns must go to a FFL (IIRC)

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
People who live in states that border Arizona can buy long guns and shotguns there. You can have a FFL dealer order a gun for you whereever he can find it but I don't think you can go to an out of state dealer yourself , purchase a firearm and have it sent to a dealer in your state for pickup. Am I wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just read the whole article, and I thouroughly enjoyed it! Thanks to the OP for putting it up here. It was fun to see my/our world through the eyes of a Northeasterner with an open mind.

I think I will go clean and re oil my Colt Delta Elite every day carry piece, with Crimson Trace lasergrips and loaded with Gold Dot hollowpoint ammo, now...... :

I love living in Free America!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
T
Actually you can buy a long gun in all 50 states if your state allows it. There are only a few states that prohibit their residents from buying long guns in other states, California is one because of their waiting period. The writer bought a 22 rifle which she carried home and a handgun which was shipped to a FFL in her home city.

Last edited by tommyjoe; 09/05/12.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tommyjoe
Actually you can buy a long gun in all 50 states if your state allows it. There are only a few states that prohibit their residents from buying long guns in other states, California is one because of their waiting period.

Uh huh. Try doing that with a northern drivers license in a southern state.

"not served here"

Last edited by Crockettnj; 09/06/12.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.