-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 966 of 1,842 1 2 964 965 966 967 968 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
she's about ready to pop, due date originally was the 11th, then they bumped it back to the 22nd. she had a hard time sleeping saturday night cause the baby was moving SO much. I think her hormones are off the charts as well. feet swollen even though she stays off of em and it looks to me like the baby has settled a little and lowered, I predicted 48 hours, we'll see. we're getting close now though I know that.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What kind of cameras do you have Dave? I'd like a couple more and The Moultrie I have is unimpressive, the Primos TC46 is a bit better. I'd be interested to hear recommendations.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Better stay close to home.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We have a Moultrie (IR 65?), a primos truth cam 35 and dusty has a bushnell trophy cam.

I would rank them in that order from least to most impressive.

I would put a half blind, narcoleptic abstract artist with a dull crayon and some wet paper slightly above the moultrie in that ranking.

Most bang for the buck I think is the truth cam 35 (if you can still find them) they should be at or just below $100, they trigger, they flat out capture. IR is fair, night captures out to� I�d say close to 35 feet are clear enough to make out. (not sure if that�s why they call it 35, or if 35 is the bulb count)

The images aren�t as nice as Dusty�s bushnell trophy cam which also triggers just as it should. But for the money, if you want multiple cameras out that won�t break the bank and have great battery life I like them truth cam 35�s.

If you want one good camera out there that takes great pics, triggers excellent and does great IR night captures too, Them Bushnell trophy cams are pretty sweet.

No budget? Well, the possibilities are endless.

But I damn sure get a hundred bucks worth of capture and clairity out of my cheap trophy cam 35.

It does better than I expect it to for the $

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think I took your advice on the Truth Cam 35 and bought 2 last year and the are just as you describe. Maybe not the very best, but pretty darn close to the best and at a very good price. Got mine at Cabelas. Matter of fact.....I just pulled my SD card yesterday and forgot to look at it..... smile

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks! The TC 46 that I have is supposed to be good to 46' and has 46 bulbs. So, I guess that they must work one bulb per foot.

Anyhow, on Friday I found a website selling TC46 refurbed for $65 each if you bought two or more.

This morning, I decided to buy and now I can't find or remember the damn site. He who hesitates is lost and and all that crap...

The TCs seem to be right in my price range and they do work well so I'll stick to looking for more. If I find that website, I'll post it.

Thanks again.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I bought two Truth Cam 35's last year. They were recommended by the staff at Cabela's. I had no clue what to buy and they suggested the TC35. First one was $100. I put it up in the yard to play with it and liked it so much I bought another a few weeks later for $79. The tell me everything I need to know... picture, time, temp, moon phase. The daylight pics are clear, the IR pics are good enough.

If I had a complaint it would be the video. The footage doesn't trigger as fast as the photos. So i got a lot of real short videos of deer, or tails moving through. If you could set it in a spot to caputre coming and going you may have better results.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My 35 will trigger at night out to probably 60 feet. I just threw 35' out there as a rough guess for actually getting a helpful photo, one that you can make out as to doe, fawn, buck, coyote, bear etc.

Wow, 65 bucks for trophy cam 46 refurbs is amazing. That would be a really good deal.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ha! I found it by shooting almost blind. It occurred to me that Natchez has a habit of selling refurbed stuff. So, here it is. http://www.natchezss.com/specials.cfm?contentID=specials&spcGrp=19

I bought two of the TC46s for $65 each. You can't often beat that price on Ebay buying them used. So, I figure it's a good deal, even if "refurbished" just means wiped down with a damp paper towel.

Never tried the video part, but I do set it to take 3-shot bursts. That generally works pretty well.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
If I had a complaint it would be the video.

Yeah I haven't even tried the video mode on mine.

Something clever here.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow thanks for the link, I'm going to show that to Nate, I see they have a "2 for" deal on the truth cam 35's for $49 each!

Hundred bucks for a pair of em! Wow!

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Don't hesitate, I can't believe they will stay in stock at that price.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I doubt they will either.

If you havn't used them before, I'd recommend not setting them on 10sec tirgger if you're going to use 3 shot burst. You'll have more pics than you can sort through in a sort order.

I switched to 1 shot after a few weeks of 600+ pictures/week. Some are of nothing, chipmunks, birds, all 3 at a crack.

I know the TC 35's have a sensitive trigger because on a windy day, it snaps a ton of pictures of moving trees.

Last edited by tzone; 09/10/12.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think I have 1 minute between bursts of 3. I have never tried the video. So far never come close to filling a card, but I have had mind-numbing numbers of shots showing a leaf dancing at sunrise more than once. How long is a video shot and how many before the fill up at 4M card?

I found the cameras were useful in figuring out who was dining on the wife's garden too. Useful tools they are, but so far, I've had one stolen, and I'm not anxious to spend more and have them stolen too. Luckily it was a Moultrie - so that is almost like punishing the thief in absentia.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Troof cam don't lie. Best bang for the buck IMHO.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Vids are pretty short. I think they're 30 seconds. I used a 8gM card and it didn't fill it with a few nights videos. Most were useless because they were at night. Unless they're real close, the vid didn't work well at night at all. I do have one of a buck following a doe at day break that is pretty cool though.

There's probably better cameras for video if that is what you're after.

I think with regular pics, it would be pretty tough to fill a 4M card in a week unless you have a lot of traffic.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I mostly want to see what sorts of bucks and other non-deer wildlife are lurking. I only check the cameras every 2-3 weeks however, so I need to keep capacity in mind and I definitely want night photos. I'll stick with stills I think.

If I had just a bit more pocket change I'd buy another pair of them.

Brent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use the wildgame innovation W3X, I have 3 of them. they run off 8 AA batteries and after last season they still had half of their battery life. you can set the resolution, do video and it time/date stamps moon phase all that jazz. you can set the delay and if you want it to work 24 hours, just night or just day.

mine gives pretty dang good pictures and a 4Mb card will store over 2000 pics of blowing grass on a windy day when I mount it low to the ground, and still have room on the card.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Here are a couple of examples of bushnell trophy cam and primos truth cam.

Day:

[Linked Image]

Night:

[Linked Image]

Day:

[Linked Image]

Night:

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Wow! That Bushnell does knock out the photos. That fawn shot is spectacular.

But I have to be a miser.

I feel this disease coming on. When I had no camera I thought 2 would be great. One for my property, one for the other place I have permission to hunt.

But when I had 2 I thought, I would really like to have two on each property to cover a couple different areas on each.

But now that I am about to have 4, I think, damn! 6 would REALLY let me check out some areas on that other property where I sometimes wonder if big bucks are not holing up in tight cover.

Does this problem go away, or does it get worse?

Anyone make a "fish cam"?

Page 966 of 1,842 1 2 964 965 966 967 968 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 28 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,270
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.