I concede you the win on this one.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I prefer RRA to RIA. Too bad they don't make them any more. grin

Here's mine:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now go back and look at the RIA and see if you can tell any difference.

Last edited by 257heaven; 09/10/12.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No offense, but that's apples to oranges. The RIA is a low end pistol that you might term, entry-level. Nothing wrong with it, but it isn't a Colt. From what I remember of them, RRA was a fairly high end manufacturer and they charged commensurately. You generally can get a RIA for less than $500 whereas the RRA were all above a grand, unless I'm mistaken. The RRA are made here too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Viking, pay no attention to Bricktop. He had an idiot weld on a RIA slide and then comment that it seemed a little soft when he tried to machine it. Bricktop refuses to look at any facts that welding on a heat treated piece of steel will take the affected steel above the critical temperature of 1750 and if not re heat treated the steel could be anything. From that one comment from the idiot doing the welding he has been on his stupid soapbox shouting profanity and insults but saying nothing worth reading.

My RIA has functioned flawlessly for almost two years of heavy use and has lived on my hip almost every day.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Scott F
From that one comment from the idiot doing the welding he has been on his stupid soapbox shouting profanity and insults but saying nothing worth reading.

C'mon Scott.....give the guy some credit. He's been on a soap box shouting profanity and saying nothing worth reading LONG before RIA ever came up! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My RIA has functioned flawlessly for almost two years of heavy use and has lived on my hip almost every day.
I don't see how you've had much time to commit to any "heavy use" of anything outside of pissing and moaning about your sadsack life and horseshit VA troubles. Take some more lithium and shut the f*ck up, whiner.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nebraska
From that one comment from the idiot doing the welding he has been on his stupid soapbox shouting profanity and insults but saying nothing worth reading.
C'mon Scott.....give the guy some credit. He's been on a soap box shouting profanity and saying nothing worth reading LONG before RIA ever came up! wink
You still have a case of the red ass after I told you to go pound sand when you were trying to buy the LCP I was selling two years ago. (No, you don't gain a discount by making it a "FTF" transaction, dumbass.) Yours is a typical deadbeat/sour grapes response. I expected nothing less.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bricktop
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Must take some serious stupidity to keep posting to someone smart enough to put your foul ass on ignore.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Must take some serious stupidity to keep posting to someone smart enough to put your foul ass on ignore.
Must take some serious insecurity to have to announce that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
laugh laugh laugh

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have still yet to hear why you say RIA uses inferior steel. You stated Clark won't work on them, and a simple phone call to Clark has proven that wrong. So how do you figure?
Are they softer than a USGI 1911 or harder?

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
My first two 1911's were RIA's one 45 one 9mm both functioned well and were used in IDPA.The only reason they were sold was I
liked the platform so much I replaced them with higher end guns.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I have still yet to hear why you say RIA uses inferior steel. You stated Clark won't work on them, and a simple phone call to Clark has proven that wrong. So how do you figure?
Are they softer than a USGI 1911 or harder?

He just states his mad up lies as facts and curses at us to prove his crap. No real facts enter into his arguments only foul language and insults. I no longer read what he writes but can pretty well guess accurately.

Just as long as the OP knows BT is just spewing and the truth lays far from his posts everything will be OK.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The reason that RIA pistols are so bad is that they are as soft as chocolate butter and do not hold up to heat treating. Have you ever tried to heat treat chocolate butter? It ain't easy I can tell you. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

+2 wink

Poor fella that Bricktop - I hope he finds someone to argue with SOON so he doesn't dry up and blow away...... laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Don't know why you all just don't blow Bricktop off. Obviously he's really only interested in redirecting things off topic and onto himself. This thread started out about Rock Island .45s and yet again managed to drift back onto his ego - now I'll wait for the response!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My only reason for responding to him is so that the original poster knows BT is just full of hot air and really knows nothing about RIAs. I own one, I know what they will do. Mine is NOT soft and mine has yet failed to function in any way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by S99VG
Don't know why you all just don't blow Bricktop off. Obviously he's really only interested in redirecting things off topic and onto himself. This thread started out about Rock Island .45s and yet again managed to drift back onto his ego - now I'll wait for the response!
You ought to focus your efforts on reading comprehension. The general focus of this thread from the second post onward has been to drive the discussion to me and away from the actual topic. You all have obviously spent a great deal of time thinking about me, certainly more than I have of you.

More and more of these "discussions" in which I find myself are with people unfit to wipe my ass or empty the trash in my reloading room. There are reloading discussions where one or more of the antagonists make subsequent posts indicating they've never handloaded handgun ammunition or even handloaded. Or discussions regarding bolt action rifles and the various decedents later express astonishment that Winchester made push-feed 7x57mms or whatever. Or handgun discussions where self-appointed "experts" subsequently reveal that they never knew Ruger or whomever made or makes a revolver in such-and-such configuration or chambering.

Why in the f*ck am I wasting an hour or even a minute of my precious time discussing any-f*cking-thing with anyone like that? I would never associate with morons like that outside of an internet message board, because morons like that wouldn't be permitted the opportunity to utter a single word in public. That's called reality: get some.

You ladies may, therefore, continue to wander in the wilderness and discuss the relative "merits" of your [bleep] items while sniffing each others' cornholes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Always go fishing with good bait!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by S99VG
You ought to focus your efforts on reading comprehension. The general focus of this thread from the second post onward has been to drive the discussion to me and away from the actual topic. You all have obviously spent a great deal of time thinking about me, certainly more than I have of you.

More and more of these "discussions" in which I find myself are with people unfit to wipe my ass or empty the trash in my reloading room. There are reloading discussions where one or more of the antagonists make subsequent posts indicating they've never handloaded handgun ammunition or even handloaded. Or discussions regarding bolt action rifles and the various decedents later express astonishment that Winchester made push-feed 7x57mms or whatever. Or handgun discussions where self-appointed "experts" subsequently reveal that they never knew Ruger or whomever made or makes a revolver in such-and-such configuration or chambering.

Why in the f*ck am I wasting an hour or even a minute of my precious time discussing any-f*cking-thing with anyone like that? I would never associate with morons like that outside of an internet message board, because morons like that wouldn't be permitted the opportunity to utter a single word in public. That's called reality: get some.

You ladies may, therefore, continue to wander in the wilderness and discuss the relative "merits" of your [bleep] items while sniffing each others' cornholes.

laugh laugh laugh

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,472
Posts18,471,452
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.