Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Rogmatt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Could this be true. It is being claimed on Glock Talk.
Marlin owned by Remington, owned by Freedom Group, owned by Cerberus Capital, owned by George Soros. I want to make it clear that I am not claiming it or confirming. I would like to know if it is a hoax or could it be true.

Last edited by Rogmatt; 09/14/12. Reason: spelling

Principle Above All Else
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If they are owned by Remington, that would not suprise me.

The parent company would not need the competition.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rogmatt
Marlin owned by Remington, owned by Freedom Group, owned by Cerberus Capital, owned by George Soros. I want to make it clear that I am not claiming it or confirming. I would like to know if it is a hoax or could it be true.
That's been debunked many times. Soros has nothing to do with the gun industry.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see Marlin firearms as a supplement to Remington's product line rather than a competitor.
Lever guns and low end CF rifles are Marlin's forte. Remington doesn't really compete in that market except for the POS 770 series.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've always been a fan of older Marlins. The new ones? The ones I've handled were crap.
They should shut down until they get their QC problems straightened out. Made in the USA should mean of the highest quality, not junk.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I haven't heard anything about it. Why would Rem buy Marlin to shut it down?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I heard the exact same rumor, so I did some digging and I don't think it's true. Marlins website is still up and budsgunshop.com has plenty of marlins for sale with no mention of limited avail or anything like that.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rogmatt.....read down thru this Snopes link to get to the NRA-ILA explanation.

It puts it to bed......or call the Remington 800 number and ask for the Marlin desk.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
call Marlin and ask them

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
First rem was bought by freedom. Marlin was bought later and production moved to an old rem factory. The good Marlin people thet knew how to build lever actions didnt go with the manufacturing equipment. People at the rem plant apparently didnt get the equipment set up well resulting in HUGE QUALITY CONTROL problems. Right now the only levers people in the know want to own have the old marlin proof stamp which is jm. Stay away from remlins with the rep proof stamp. Maybe theyll get the quality back but its been a very ugly 3 years! Problems include super bad wood fit, barrels way off center from receivers, sites installed off center, and actions that feel like they have sand in them, and serious feeding problems.
They still call em marlins but they are really sad.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Rogmatt

Cerberus is not owned by Soros. Why is this misinformation still making the rounds of the firearm community?

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I read in an interview last week that former VP Dan Quayle works for them as a director or something in international investments. Soros is unlikely to have hired him!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 16gage, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,302
Posts18,525,996
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.