Hop To
Page 974 of 1,842 1 2 972 973 974 975 976 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
we got home last night around 6 or so. we could have stayed longer but mama just wanted to be home, can't blame her there. baby is sleeping soundly now, I made sausage eggs and english muffins for breakfast. Baby is sleeping with a full tummy, Kendra is just now laying down for a much needed nap.

I'm glad to hear you've got the baby on good solid foods already.

Does she have a job yet?

smile

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
she has her first interview tuesday smile

she gets the solid foods after they are converted to liquid form via mama. smile the breakfast I made was for HER, not baby smile after I re-read it, yeah sounds like baby got the sausage and eggs smile

couple more baby pics, then I'll let the thread get back to normal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

we got home last night around 6 or so. we could have stayed longer but mama just wanted to be home, can't blame her there. baby is sleeping soundly now, I made sausage eggs and english muffins for breakfast. Baby is sleeping with a full tummy, Kendra is just now laying down for a much needed nap.

I'm glad to hear you've got the baby on good solid foods already.

Does she have a job yet?

smile

grin

Beat me to it. I was going to ask if she was going for a drive when she wakes up.
grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
she has her first interview tuesday smile

she gets the solid foods after they are converted to liquid form via mama. smile the breakfast I made was for HER, not baby smile after I re-read it, yeah sounds like baby got the sausage and eggs smile

couple more baby pics, then I'll let the thread get back to normal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The look of a proud papa! Thumbs up!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
can't stop smiling and i get choked up for no reason. not sure if it's normal or when it goes away. gets worse when i hold her, and that i want to do all the time, heck i'm doing it now!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
And a proud big brother.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Baby is sleeping with a full tummy, Kendra is just now laying down for a much needed nap.

One thing about babies is that you have to learn to sleep when they do, otherwise you're in for some long sleepless days/nights.

smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yup, however I have to look after big brother and pick up the house before Kendra's mom gets here.

need the points if i want to hunt this evening. and yes i sat in my stand opening morning, saw 18 mulies and 6 whitetails. smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You DA MAN! All the guys here who cant seem to find time to go hunting and Ryan manages to get out right after a bundle of joy arrives! Nice family you got there Ryan!

Rocked the geese this weekend. My shoulder is sore! 22 geese and 8 ducks over the two days.

Nice doe pic ND, she looks tasty. Glad to here Weezy is okay, I was wondering about that over the weekend.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We got the fresh firewood hauled home Saturday night and we put it all up in the wood shed yesterday, A lot of it needed to be split. I finally managed to bust the fiberglass handle on my 8 lb maul yesterday, lord knows I hated that 8 lb maul. I didn't miss and hit the handle or anything like that, it broke up inside the maul head. It was so blunt it was like swinging an 8 lb sledge and expecting the wood to pop. It's no wonder it broke, you really had to swing that thing if you wanted to split with it.

On our last elk trip Dusty picked up a nice 6 pounder in a feed/hardware type store in Craig. We've been very impressed with that 6 pounder and credited it's success to the shape of the head, much more axe shaped than my 8 lb wood smasher.

So yesterday afternoon we went into town and I found a nice 6 pounder with more of an axe profile like that one Dusty got in Craig. The handle section through the head is twice the diameter of the handle section thorough that 8 pounder too so it shouldn't break on me.

I finished splitting with that new one and wow, what a difference. It's got a little longer handle so I had to adjust my "aim" a bit, but swinging 6 pounds instead of 8 is a big difference. And the shape of the head helps it get into the wood and pop it open way better than the old 8 pounder.

That's all I got this morning, a wood splitting maul review.

Truper brand 6 lb maul: Good.

40 degrees windy and dark this morning on the bike. I might hang up the bike commute due to deer concerns rather than cold temps this fall. It's white knuckle riding at deer dark thirty in the morning.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Never heard of Truper, but I agree the head shape is everything. Weight can't fix a bad head. Finally broke the handle on the Plumb that my dad bought 45 yrs ago. I've broken dozens of handles on the others, but that handle just kept on going. It is my favorite and most used maul. And I use it a lot. We heat with wood and everything is hand split.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The best maul handle I've found is a 12" I-beam mounted to the 3pt. arms of my tractor. Slow & steady. Hydraulic fluid pressure is an amazing thing. smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You know I'm trying to get some exercise white bare.

I gotta keep up with the young guys this fall deer hunting.

You see� I'm performing an experiment smile

I haven't had a beer or drink of any sort since labor day when we finished up the soffit on the cabin. I'm cutting back on the food intake... And doing everything I can to work my old mushy body into shape grin

The firewood bidness and hand splitting the wood goes nicely with that exercise plan.

lol!

Jeezus, I have a feeling I shouldn't have told anybody I was tryin to get into better shape...

ok, flame on, I'm ready.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought round was a shape wink

good for you man, keep it up year round if you can, although I know you stay pretty active.
I don't know if I would have given up the beer completely. you could always start drinkin that 64 calorie stuff laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
64 calories? What's the point? lol!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Saw a couple THICK old WI bruisers on saturday night. One had a good rack, tall looked like an 8, the other had a med. sized 8 pt rack, but were real big bodied deer. In the River Falls area. Got the blood pumping and the binders on the truck working OT to slow her down too.

Last edited by tzone; 09/24/12.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I don't know if I would have given up the beer completely. you could always start drinkin that 64 calorie stuff laugh

Might as well lay off the beer instead of that. Drink water instead, it tastes the same and is free.

I did that this spring and it worked. But like Frank the Tank in Old School...
"ooh once it hits the lips it's sooo good. Just one more beer." grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm in the market for a new maul too, Dave and a 6 pounder sounds great. Do you recall what you paid for the Truper?

I'm heading up to the Turtle Flambeau Flowage next Saturday for 5 days of fishing. Really looking forward to it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

"Fat guy in a little suit...."

One of the best movie lines ever!

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Page 974 of 1,842 1 2 972 973 974 975 976 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.