Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Snowline Outfitters in Montana

His Handle on here is scenarshooter http://www.montanagunslings.com/snowline-outfitters.html

Originally Posted by joelbiltz
Contact huntsonora on here.

I'm mostly a DIY guy, mostly because I can't afford the high dollar hunts anymore, however, if I had a lil jingle in my pockets I'd love to hunt with these guys.
They have been 1st class gentlemen in their correspondence with me over the years and their reputation for taking big trophy animals is truly remarkable.

That said, in this day and age of preference points and draw odds, unless you shell out the big bucks for landowner tags or hit Canada or Mexico, big trophy muleys are a very tough nut to crack indeed.

Proud NRA Life Member
GB1

M
MJS Offline
M
I have hunted with zn outfitters found at znoutfitters.com and found this family run outfitter to be awesome.

Handshake and a verbal agreement like the old days. You don't pay anything till your hunt is over. Just dont stand him up or you wont be back - again like the old days.

I live about 90 minutes away from them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's good to know that I still have a few of you guys fooled grin

There are a lot of variables when booking a mule deer hunt. You first need to decide what type of animal you hope to take. If you're looking for a potential 200"+ mule deer you have to hunt where they are. It's hard to kill a 200" deer if the best for that area is normally 180". Hell, it's hard to kill a 200" deer anywhere but you damn sure won't kill one in areas that don't grow them

Budget is a big factor as well. It's getting more and more expensive every year to hunt big mule deer. You'll typically get what you pay for with mule deer. There are always guys that charge less in the areas I guide and outfit but they run a pile of people through and have low success rates. They are probably smarter than me as they make a lot more money than I do on these hunts but our hunts are a much better quality as we take fewer people

I called Pat a couple of years ago as I myself was interested in booking a hunt with him. He is a STUD and hunting mule deer with him is on my bucket list of hunts to do.

This past year at the annual hunt expo in SLC I sat at dinner with Al Klassen, one of the best sheep guides in North America, and he started showing me some pictures and a number of them had Pat in them. I mentioned that I knew who Pat was and wanted to hunt with him one day. Al then told me all about Pat and it was pretty much one of the best peer to peer endorsements you could have gotten. Al wasn't trying to sell me on Pat, he was just telling me about him. When one of the best tells you that somebody is one of the best it just doesn't get any better than that.

Pat, on behalf of all of us here at 24HCF please please please lease more ground and open up a couple of spots and then book me first grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Get a hold of Drummond. Hands down, no questions asked. Get in on one of the eastern plains hunts here in CO with him. Every year they put pics up of racks that'll make you chit yourself twice, and I've seen a few of the deer (pre-deer season and still alive) before some of the various ranchers have on their land. Monster isn't half the story

Drummond, Shawn, & Aaron are the Best! I watched one of my best friends stick a HUGE Mulie with a bow that Drummond put him on. Easily Scored over 220".
The year before that, Drum put the same friend & another close friend both on 200" Monster Mulie's on a rifle hunt that lasted a few days in one hell of a blizzard. Drummond knows his stuff & nobody will work harder to get you a shot at a World Class Mulie.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

282 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 2UP, 28 invisible), 2,186 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,018
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.