-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My buddy and I are getting into coyote hunting and are looking to purchase an electronic caller. I was leaning towards a Foxpro but the I came across a Gametraks.It does have some features that look pretty good.
I'm looking for anyone who has first hand experience with them in regards to quality, customer service, etc. I know foxpro's CS is second to none but was wondering if the Gametraks is a better caller.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have no experience with Gametraks, but I love my Foxpro Spitfire!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yeah I see/hear nothing but good about Foxpro. From the few reviews I have seen about the Gametraks, they were all positive.

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While I'm not a big Foxpro fan and I've owned three of them over the years, they are a great deal, more so If you plan to upgrade in a few years. What I dont like about the Foxpro is the remote, you have to scroll through the sounds to get the one you want, so that means I have to have reading glasses along on a stand. I've lost more glasses leaving tham at a stand. With Foxpro getting more presets on the remote it is a little better. for me the Foxbang feature proved a problem also as it would go off, if I dropped the remote against something hard.

Unless you are using your call for deer, turkey and snowgoose hunting you can do very well with 20 to 30 sounds for predators. The Foxpro Spitefire was one of the better deals on the market, both my hunting partners are using them and one of them does control work(they don't need glasses to read)

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did they drop the Spitfire?

I saw in the Cabelas catalog that the Wildfire II is now at that pricepoint of $200. Didn't see the Spitfire listed.

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by erich
While I'm not a big Foxpro fan and I've owned three of them over the years, they are a great deal, more so If you plan to upgrade in a few years. What I dont like about the Foxpro is the remote, you have to scroll through the sounds to get the one you want, so that means I have to have reading glasses along on a stand. I've lost more glasses leaving tham at a stand. With Foxpro getting more presets on the remote it is a little better. for me the Foxbang feature proved a problem also as it would go off, if I dropped the remote against something hard.

Dave

Unless you are using your call for deer, turkey and snowgoose hunting you can do very well with 20 to 30 sounds for predators. The Foxpro Spitefire was one of the better deals on the market, both my hunting partners are using them and one of them does control work(they don't need glasses to read)

Thanks erich. I only plan on using the call for coyote and fox. I'll have to do some research on the Fox Pro remote. Having preset sounds would definitely be a bonus.I also heard the foxbang is a nice feature.

Dave

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I have a FX3 and love it. Don't forget crows are varmints too. They will come to the call and you can tear them up. I would get a Foxpro unless there was something that you really liked better with the Gametraks. The remotes are hard to see but they have improved them on the newer models. Don't have any experience with the Gametraks so I can't say good or bad about them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Get a FoxPro Fury II. I have one and for the money $499 you won't find a better caller. Plus there customer service is the best.

Last edited by savage223; 10/05/12.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Foxpro is my favorite and i now have the Fury and nothing beats a FoxPro in my opinion. Here are a couple of photos , curtsy of FoxPro

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for all for the replies. The one thing that I like about the Gametraks is that you can set the speakers in a desired location days before you plan on hunting it. The speakers stay in "sleep mode" until you turn them on with the remote. This allows the hunter to minimize his scent foot print when hunting.

Thanks again.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Foxpro Scorpion, its compact enough to fit in my bellow pocket of my pants and does great as far as sound quality and distance. Not sure I would get caught up in the removable speaker option as you normally don't want to call an area more than a few times a year. Here in AZ, its not uncommon to do 15-20 stands in a day so the FP works just fine.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 117LBS, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,796
Posts18,536,480
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.