Post: Post: A close freind of mine showed me this report and I thought it was somthing that I should share with you.
<br>
<br>Don't Stay At These Motels!!! - 05/28/2002
<br>
<br>Sportsmen Called Upon to Help Motel Chains See the Light
<br>
<br>(Columbus) - One of this country�s largest economy hotel chains has entered into an agreement with the nation�s largest animal rights organization.
<br>
<br>
<br>Accor Economy Lodging, the parent company of Motel 6, Red Roof Inns and Studio 6, is actively promoting two programs of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) - "Pets for Life" and "Disaster Recovery."
<br>
<br>
<br>The U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance, the nation�s leading sportsman advocacy group, contacted Accor to voice its displeasure with its promotion.
<br>
<br>
<br>Accor�s Director of Communications, Gayle Colston Barge, told the U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance that the business has "elected to officially contribute to and support" the two HSUS programs. She further stated that it "is proud to support the efforts of the Humane Society of the United States."
<br>
<br>
<br>The Alliance urged the business to end its promotion of HSUS because of the organization�s work to eliminate all hunting, trapping and most other uses of animals. Despite this request, Accor Economy Lodging did not end its relationship with the animal rights group.
<br>
<br>
<br>"When you support an organization, you support everything it stands for, not just the parts that you think are good," said U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance President Bud Pidgeon. "Accor Economy Lodging needs to realize that HSUS is also promoting anti-sportsman issues and continues to work to end America�s hunting heritage and other forms of animal use."
<br>
<br>
<br>Despite its name, HSUS does not oversee any local animal shelters or societies.Motel 6, Red Roof Inns and Studio 6 are affordable motels utilized by many sportsmen while on hunting and fishing trips.
<br>
<br>
<br>Sportsmen and sportswomen can express their extreme dissatisfaction with Accor Economy Lodging�s promotion of the HSUS by contacting George Le Mener, President and CEO, Accor Economy Lodging, P. O. Box 809092, Dallas, TX 75380-9092. Phone: (972) 386-6161. Fax: (972) 702-5996.
<br>
<br>
<br>The U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers nationally in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.
<br>_________________________________________________ you can find this report at http://www.realtree.com/news/index.tpl?Display=Detail&SKU=05282002084816
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

[Linked Image from ]