Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,000 of 1,842 1 2 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm pretty set on what I NEED. The list of what I want however....

For some reason I'm thinking about a scrape driller. I don't need no stinkin s rape dripper

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gophergunner
and there's always a list of stuff to keep the muzzleloader up and running.

MZL is a real trinket sport, wow.

And I'm a junkie.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by gophergunner
and there's always a list of stuff to keep the muzzleloader up and running.

MZL is a real trinket sport, wow.

And I'm a junkie.

grin

right now, I have 5,with one or two bins of accoutrements to go with them. blush grin

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Once the season is over I'm going set up a "gun room" in the basement. Start the reloading bench I've always wanted to do but had no space for. Build a little room for gear, shelves, try to keep it organized, ya know?

I'm thinking about building a rolling type closet for the hunting clothes too. What do you think or aromatic cedar? Do you think it would work or be too much?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey! We're on page 1000 of this thread. At least the way I have it set up. That's over 20K posts on this thread. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Once the season is over I'm going set up a "gun room" in the basement. Start the reloading bench I've always wanted to do but had no space for. Build a little room for gear, shelves, try to keep it organized, ya know?

I'm thinking about building a rolling type closet for the hunting clothes too. What do you think or aromatic cedar? Do you think it would work or be too much?

sounds like a damn fine idea to me.when you want to start? laugh

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you won't regret that gunroom! I have one, and I LOVE it! full reloading bench and all.

on another note, I let my dad talk me into moving my stand to where I was seeing more deer, I take it down, climb the ridge and can't find a tree that works, so I hunker in a ground blind I made from a couple limbs and proceed to get soaking wet in the snow and freeze. so I decided "screw it" I'm going home, I crest the ridge overlooking where my stand WAS, and I see 7 bucks around the tree it was in. they looked at me and took off. I said a few words I learned in the Navy and tromped back to my car. wasn't a good evening for me, til I got home and saw my little girl. then all was forgotten but her smile smile

Little things.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Payday today so I'm off to Wally-World (not too far a commute considering I work there! after work to pick up a few must haves. I always mix up my own trail mix-granola, m&m's, raisins, peanuts, ground jerky, dried fruit and whatever else ends up in there. Flashlights, batteries, maybe another box of ammo for the old Savage. That's about it for this year. Man, am I chomping at the bit to go shoot something! Dave, have you got all your firewood cut and the stands all fixed up? Did you guys draw any of the wolf tags? I heard something the other night that there were left over unclaimed tags? Anybody know anything about that?

Last edited by gophergunner; 10/25/12.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey gopher, I think we are ok on stands. There is always the last minute strategy changes with some of the ladder stands but our permanent stands are in good shape. I got some carpet to put on the floors of our permanent stands, and one of the stands I built last year has plexiglass cut and ready to go in, just never installed last year.

Firewood, well we still have a pretty decent firewood pile at the cabin from previous years. I have dozens of storm blown trees down in the woods around the cabin that need to be cleaned up and cut into firewood, all large pine. I am sitting here this morning contemplating a 90 mile run to a lumber yard (menards) for some deck/porch lumber. We�ve been talking about putting a deck on the cabin the full width of the front (24�) and going 6� out. This would be really nice for everybody�s coolers and gear that can sit outside.

I�d also like to pick up lumber for the sauna but I have just plain run out of time this fall. This weekend is our last weekend before opener and I just don�t have time to build a deck and frame up that sauna. I think I�ll maybe concentrate on the deck and if anything, maybe we can pick away at sauna construction mid day during season.

Or not at all.

I have the old black � ton pickup today, 8� bed, 10� with the tailgate down�.

Could probably do the whole deck project with 12� lumber.

oh, and no wolf tags for us. frown

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think that porch idea would be a great thing dave. You'd never regret it and it would add even more character to you humble abode! Its great out there at Chickenbuck, too bad i missed out last weekend though. i still kicking myself but had fun hunting with the kids. I think we are opening our shack this weekend adn going to start to get it all cleaned up and clean off the griddle. got a few helpers coming up so it shouldn't take too long.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We added a covered porch to the shack 15 years ago. Best thing we ever did.

I need to pick up some new hunting socks. I bought 2 new pair of boots this past year so I'm good there.

The rifle range is now open every day and I need to get out there to sight in the rifles.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Hey! We're on page 1000 of this thread. At least the way I have it set up. That's over 20K posts on this thread. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Page 2000 for me. Who woulda thunk huh Dave? cool

Last edited by Rooster7; 10/25/12.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had to get on this page...well just cause, 2k here as well. Long way a lot of history already on these pages.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by fluffy

sounds like a damn fine idea to me.when you want to start? laugh

After deer season of course.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
After shooting my rifles last weekend Bill, I sure miss that rifle range in Mosinee. Man that's a nice range. I was spoiled at that range, that's for sure!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bucks are on the move today...I can feel it. Light snow, even down here this morning. Cool temps and dropping by the hour.

and I have the best beard I've had in years. This is the year. I'm on a dry spell. I feel a change for that!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is definitely changing T. The does have become much more receptive as of late. Now the work begins. smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When are you coming to chickenbuck Tom? i need to be ready. Just picking the deer up from the locker today that my daughter shot. hoping to get a bunch of jerky made now.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll be up Second weekend Buschy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just came home from work for a while. Saw a BIG doe crossing the street in front of me. Man, that gets me pumped! Hey Dave, if you ever have a summer work week planned at the cabin and need some help, give me a yell, I'd be more than happy to come up and pitch in. Talk to Tom-we had a good day helping his dad dig out after the flood this spring. 'Be happy to do it, and a road trip's never a bad thing.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,000 of 1,842 1 2 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.