T
Looking better and better every time you go to camp

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mule1
[Linked Image]

Mrs Mule1 continues her tradition of killing a deer on the first day of front stuffer season . This makes the fifth year in a row she has killed something on opening day . On her behalf she would like to thank her sponser (ME) for the stand,the blind the feeder the gun ect. If she reads this I'll be deader than the deer .

Congrats to the Mrs... but that was a funny post.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
New porch

[Linked Image]

Ooooh. I likey!

Next year...wrap it around the side. grin

With the proper amount of fluids and a proper sight in, we can hit the fire ring from the porch now in the middle of the night. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 10/28/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
when are you coming up muffy. are you going to be all deer season? have to get into some cards out there. take some change back.

I will be up Friday, I'm riding up with dad & Kenna. Get the cards out, I feel real bad about winning all the money at your camp. laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy

I will be up Friday, I'm riding up with dad & Kenna. Get the cards out, I feel real bad about winning all the money at your camp. laugh

Yeah, I bet. laugh

I can't wait to see you guys on weekend #2 Muffy. I'm looking forward to that more than opener

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds like you will now have a third son,congrats,and hope all goes well with the project ,sounds like you and the fire have it under control

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
mule1,great picture and great post.You should have let her wear your chickenbuck hat for the picture.
Perhaps all future deer harvest pictures posted here should have a chickenbuck hat in them.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stan, are you getting the storm where you are?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The porch looks great. Did you just level it on cement blocks?

I did one on three-sides of my cabin, and left it all free-standing on blocks without attaching it to the cabin. It worked out really well, and it's been 8 years.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I attached to the cabin and the front is resting on railroad ties which Nate and I leveled.

The most difficult part was getting the decking boards placed and gappe correctly so we got the coverage we needed without too much gap.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Looks really nice. You do good work.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Did you buy some 5/4 decking or use stuff you had around the house?

In my experience, that 5/4 decking shrinks a good bit. The last two I built, I used no gaps and cut the last board to fit.They shrunk up about 1/4-1/3". Fitting them to all work out is a good idea.

I can't tell on the end there Dave, are the posts on the corners cut off RR ties? Open on the east and west ends?

Last edited by tzone; 10/29/12.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I attached to the cabin and the front is resting on railroad ties which Nate and I leveled.

The most difficult part was getting the decking boards placed and gappe correctly so we got the coverage we needed without too much gap.

I used the Menards house brand synthetic on my cabin, and gapped the decking with a cheap plastic square. I notched the square in two places and used it as a jig allowing me to drill all my pilot holes in the same location on each board. The edge of the square slipped between the boards made the gap even as well.

I really like the looks of the railroad ties in front. I wish my stairs were wider like yours too.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah Tom, the east and west ends are open. railroad ties stacked 2 high support the front and I didn't place the ties perfectly to the outside corners to those corners are basically trimmed out with some really rustic looking cedar timbers, I think they were cross arms for telephone poles or something.

They aren't supporting anything, the just square up the ends a little bit. Just for looks.

Decking is 5/4 pressure treated and I had to gap the boards pretty generously to get the 6' of coverage from the cabin out to the front face of the deck.

So, for that reason I'd suggest leaving your stiletto heels at home this year.

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very nice and it looks designed very well to be a place to solve all the worlds problems!

I can just see ND tipped back on that white chair, brew in one hand, jerky in the other, extolling the virtues of his opinion!

We also had a great rooster hunt this weekend. a 3 guy, 6 bird limit in under 2 hours. I had to yell for everyone to stop as there were more roosters getting up and I didnt want to be over the limit. Best part was, both my boys were along!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

So, for that reason I'd suggest leaving your stiletto heels at home this year.

grin

Every year you come up with a new excuse as to why I can't wear them. Last year it was becasue my fish net stockings didn't mathc the red pumps. I'll never get it right.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jeeze that seems like a lot of work for two dang birds. smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got 2 things to share with you folks that I am kinda proud of. the first is that I made my long time goal of 179.8 pounds this morning. Tucking under 180 has been tough. How are you coming ND?

Second thing was I was talking to a distant cousin that I barely know in church. he is a Jr in high school and has a really big interest in hunting. However, his parents dont hunt and his other relatives that do wont take him deer hunting because they already have too many people. So we have a place that doesnt hold a ton of deer (it is a pheasant and duck hunting paradise though), but we do see deer there and is within a quarter mile of his house. I got him lined up to deer hunt out there and yesterday went over the property boundaries and where I thought the deer would be. I really hope he can connect as he is a really nice kid without a lot of mentorship from an experienced hunter. Feels pretty good to help out someone like that!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good for you BM. I hope he taggs a monster and gets to show it to the family that wouldn't take him hunting.

Page 1,004 of 1,842 1 2 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.