Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Now - the biggest reason I voted Conservative - is history. Now I will look for a party that represents more of my thinking. I'm leaning Green.

The federal government says millions of records of registered long guns have all been destroyed, with the exception of court-protected data from Quebec.

A spokeswoman for Public Safety Minister Vic Toews confirmed the registry�s destruction �as of last night� after gun enthusiasts began spreading the word.

No formal news release appears to have been issued by a Conservative government that has made repeal and destruction of the long-gun registry one of its bedrock promises.

Nor has the government said exactly how much taxpayer money will be saved by repealing the registry, although a study by The Canadian Press suggests it is a small fraction of the millions spent annually on gun licensing.

Last year there were almost eight million firearms logged in the registry, including more than seven million �non-restricted� weapons.

The latest data from the RCMP shows that, as of last July, there are still more than 564,000 restricted firearms and more than 191,000 prohibited weapons in the federal gun registry.

�Our Conservative government is proud to say that as of last night, all contents of the long-gun registry have been destroyed, except those related to Quebec,� Toews� director of communications Julie Carmichael said in an email Thursday.

�Make no mistake, the tax-and-spend NDP will not hesitate to bring back the long gun registry. Now that these data have been deleted, they can never be recovered � even by Thomas Mulcair,� wrote the government spokeswoman.

While there was no formal news release from Public Safety, groups such as the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters were out issuing public praise for the move after Toews apparently told representatives at a federal-provincial meeting Thursday in Regina.

�We are delighted that the Harper government has followed through on its promise in such a timely fashion,� Greg Farrant of the Ontario association said in a release.

The Canadian Sports Shooting Association, meanwhile, issued a statement telling its members to �rest assured, we are the envy of international firearms advocates everywhere� because Canada is almost alone internationally in rolling back gun control laws.

�The removal of the registry is, however, more nibble than bite,� added the commentary from the association.

The emboldened gun lobby now wants to see recent rules on marking guns repealed and some are also calling for an end to the licensing system.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The Green Party, is THE MOST anti-gun, anti-hunting and statist of all of Canada's current political parties. Make NO mistake, this gang, led by an American, Elizabeth May, if in power, WILL ban ALL private gun ownership, hunting and will also severely restrict private vehicle ownership; 4x4s WILL be outlawed as will quads and probably campers.

I have known many of the major figures in the Greens, since the '70s and they are HARD leftist "nanny state" apparatchiks as they just KNOW what is BEST for all Canadians.

A rejuvenated Liberal Party, under John Manley, would probably be our best option, but, "Justin" has that sewn up, will become PM and WILL re-enact registration legislation, probably via "Orders in Council".

People in Canada, now such a HUGE percentage of residents who are "non-traditional immigrants" WANT the "nanny state" and are hooked on social spending, they will vote for the Liberals led by "JT" and are not concerned about the traditional freedoms of REAL Canadians......NO?....RACISM?......Sharia Law???????

Harpler, has to go and the alternatives are not very attractive. What, we REALLY NEED, is a move to "republican status" and a constitution that is much like that of the USA.......sadly, this is not likely in our remaining lifetimes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Green Party, seriously? Your experiences may differ but in my dealings with the Green Party and their candidates it is apparent that they couldn't find their butt with both hands in broad daylight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good for you!

1Minute
Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Trudeu is the most charasmatic,muclair the most arrogant and harper the most boring but I'm still voting conservative next time around unless they really p*ss me off

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Now - the biggest reason I voted Conservative - is history. Now I will look for a party that represents more of my thinking. I'm leaning Green.

The federal government says millions of records of registered long guns have all been destroyed, with the exception of court-protected data from Quebec.

A total fricking lie!

NRA Lifetime Member
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

A total fricking lie!

Why do you say this? Any proof?

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm leaning Green.

Big leaning deal.

B
B
Let's not lose sight of one thing; Stevie is the most serious threat to democracy in Canada we have ever seen.
He used the LGR to solidify a block of special interest votes. He doesn't give a rat's a$$ about long guns or their owners, only their votes to help with his agenda. Yes, the LGR was an inconvenience, but it did nothing to interfere with the buying and selling of firearms. One phone call is all we had to do to comply with the requirements, that's all. It really wasn't a big deal.
Let's start looking at the big picture!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rog
Trudeu is the most charasmatic,muclair the most arrogant and harper the most boring but I'm still voting conservative next time around unless they really p*ss me off

I guess that means they didn't discount your Canada Pension....;-).

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The long gun registry WAS a big deal. It established a bureacracy where none was needed. It placed ordinary folks in the position of having to maintain more records to avaoid being guilty of a "paper crime" for which the penalties could be severe. In addition, I'm not sure that having all our firearms registered isw a good idea when the government and business interests finish selling out to whoever can come up with a quick buck. It may not happen in my lifetime but at some point, Canadians will have to defend their soveriegnty and a gun registry could limit their ability to do so. This is looking at the big picture.
I don't like a lot of what the Conservatives have and have not done but the Liberals did a lot worse and I shudder to think what the NDp might do.
As far as the Green party is concerned, we need a little environmentalism in government but we also ne a certain amount of competence and pragmatism and I doubt the Green has much of either in their playbook. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The long gun registry was intended for one reason ... seizing and confiscating firearms for even the smallest paper crimes.
How would you explain to an 80 year old WW2 veteran that the long gun registry was no big deal after OPP seized his hunting rifles as his PAL had lapsed.
Every major press conference by police or antifirearm zealots always included statements such as "we used the long gun registry X number of times and confiscated XXXX number of firearms."
The data is gone (except Quebec) and the reality is it was about as useful as a 2001 phone book.
BillR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel safer with the registry gone. smile smile smile

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by bbqguy
Let's not lose sight of one thing; Stevie is the most serious threat to democracy in Canada we have ever seen.
He used the LGR to solidify a block of special interest votes. He doesn't give a rat's a$$ about long guns or their owners, only their votes to help with his agenda. Yes, the LGR was an inconvenience, but it did nothing to interfere with the buying and selling of firearms. One phone call is all we had to do to comply with the requirements, that's all. It really wasn't a big deal.

Are you wearing your tin foil hat? If Steven Harper is the biggest threat to democracy in Canada then we don't have much to worry about. The leftists will not be happy until they have data like the LGR to reform the world to their utopian sick dream and you are worried about Harper? Stop reading the Toronto Star!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

This is true! I work for someone that's contracted to the government. His friend says that Harper has signed a secret deal to have the Russian army - INCLUDING Spetsnaz - fly into Canada when they get the signal from Ottawa and take over. There won't be a big battle. It's on the QT. Spetsnaz and other elite Russian units will be disguised as ordinary Canadians. This is the third phase of Harper's plan to take over North America.

Several "Canadians" have already went south to the United States and have set up secret cells. I'll name drop - Lorne Greene, Jim Carey, Paul Anka, Mike Myer, Hank Snow and David Frum - just to name a few. They were the early ones that blazed the trail for invasion.

There were many others. The Russians planted their own people in the US, like Henry Kissinger, Madeleine Albright and John Negroponte (Sneaky him. He was Director of National Intelligence.)

Anyway, it's all part of a plan, continued by Harper, to totally envelop the world with his right sounding, left leaning politics.

He's already started constructing huge gulags in northern Canada and the NW US! It's true! Soon, he will fill them with undesirables like YOU.

In Canada, he uses the NFA so distribute his message. Ever notice that no one in their hierarchy ever changes? While we're focused on provincial politics, Quebec and the gun registry, Harper continues to push his plans to be the ruler of North America!

Yes, it is time to look at the big picture. You're being hoodwinked by the very people and institutions that you were bamboozled into believing. Your blind trust will destroy you.

Beware!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was sort of wondering where you have been Steve. I looks as though you are feeling fine.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve,if you had said Chinese,you would have many believers.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

This is true! I work for someone that's contracted to the government. His friend says that Harper has signed a secret deal to have the Russian army - INCLUDING Spetsnaz - fly into Canada when they get the signal from Ottawa and take over. There won't be a big battle. It's on the QT. Spetsnaz and other elite Russian units will be disguised as ordinary Canadians. This is the third phase of Harper's plan to take over North America.

Several "Canadians" have already went south to the United States and have set up secret cells. I'll name drop - Lorne Greene, Jim Carey, Paul Anka, Mike Myer, Hank Snow and David Frum - just to name a few. They were the early ones that blazed the trail for invasion.

There were many others. The Russians planted their own people in the US, like Henry Kissinger, Madeleine Albright and John Negroponte (Sneaky him. He was Director of National Intelligence.)

Anyway, it's all part of a plan, continued by Harper, to totally envelop the world with his right sounding, left leaning politics.

He's already started constructing huge gulags in northern Canada and the NW US! It's true! Soon, he will fill them with undesirables like YOU.

In Canada, he uses the NFA so distribute his message. Ever notice that no one in their hierarchy ever changes? While we're focused on provincial politics, Quebec and the gun registry, Harper continues to push his plans to be the ruler of North America!

Yes, it is time to look at the big picture. You're being hoodwinked by the very people and institutions that you were bamboozled into believing. Your blind trust will destroy you.

Beware!

Long winded or what!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would pick the "or what"!

Pour service en anglais, composer deux, k?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Several "Canadians" have already went south to the United States and have set up secret cells. I'll name drop - Lorne Greene, Jim Carey, Paul Anka, Mike Myer, Hank Snow and David Frum - just to name a few. They were the early ones that blazed the trail for invasion."

Hank Snow was my no.1 hero and he just wouldn't do something like that. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (21, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 160user, 51 invisible), 12,795 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,833
Posts18,537,092
Members74,047
Most Online13,949
9 seconds ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.