Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Monkey Face, TRH, and a few others, now is your chance to experience what you have been longing for. Almost total un -lawlessness. Just load up your families and move out to the NYC area for about a week. Then you will appreciate having a semblance of law and order, if you survive. And I doubt that you could.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's not anarchy government still exist. Government has chosen not to do it's job but that's not anarchy. Of course, if you want to call government anarchy that I would go along with.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Derby, Google "Marshall law declared in Jersey Shore."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those aren't free people, they're government-dependent people who have been abandoned by their nanny.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Monkey Face, TRH, and a few others, now is your chance to experience what you have been longing for. Almost total un -lawlessness. Just load up your families and move out to the NYC area for about a week. Then you will appreciate having a semblance of law and order, if you survive. And I doubt that you could.

Those that promote it, have never experienced it...

Monkey face has been offered a taste of "Barakistan" & has to date refused the offer.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone lives the life of a hermit, is any form of gov. even really noticed ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
Those aren't free people, they're government-dependent people who have been abandoned by their nanny.

Aren't some of those folks (NYC area) almost neighbor's of yours ?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Monkey Face owns an airplane. Wonder who built the runway he uses? And the hanger? Plus any other airport that he might land at? And the facilities?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Typical "Blue State" dwellers.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Monkey Face owns an airplane. Wonder who built the runway he uses? And the hanger? Plus any other airport that he might land at? And the facilities?

I think what you're trying to say is:

"You Didn't Build That!"

grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn
If someone lives the life of a hermit, is any form of gov. even really noticed ?

Yes...when you've worked your entire life looking for & filing a placer claim under the mining law of 1872 & are then pretty much chased out from your claim by threats from a minerals manager of the USFS who pretty much has the last word...what are you gonna do against the thugs who are gonna use helicopters & the local leo's to impound your equipment & lock your ass up under bogus charges??? I seen the writing on the wall...& it said I would either end up in jail or in a grave... mad

That claim had a horrendous amount of gold on it, & it had a lot in common with the "Big Nugget" claim on the discovery channel with the exception that it had well in excess of the meager values they show...the thing that really upsets me though is that I was willing to comply with any & all of this particular "minerals managers" demands & was told (by him) he'd NEVER approve my "plan of operation" for that particular piece of ground... mad

Mining has been my first love since I picked my first piece of gold out of the pan over 40 years ago but in my naivete, I figured I'd be protected....not only by our laws, but by the people that enforce them...I haven't checked to see if my old claim has been filed over, but it would surprise me if it hasn't...

Early on in my mining journey another spot I had intended to claim was on the North Fork of the American river, below a spot called "green valley" a schittload of gold, but in the infinite wisdom of the federal government, it was reclassified into a "Wild & Scenic" river a long time ago... cry

Every time I turn around, it seems as though "THE GOVT" in one form or the other seems intent on shoving it up my ass in one form or the other...

So yeah...even if you live the life of a hermit, you WILL be noticed...

One thing that I don't understand, & probably never will though is WHY??? What I mean is "why" anybody could be against another person pulling money "minerals" out of the ground & actually "creating" wealth...

My "retirement" plan for the past 40 or so years has been to collect social security & mine for gold...one way or another, I'll beat them bastards...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No federal, state or local government is needed to create such facilities and their creation without them is certainly much more efficient.

Obviously there are some fundamentals that you need to review.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How do you confuse a strict constructionist constitutionalist conservative with an anarchist? crazy You are one mixed up MF.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess it depends on if a guy supports an anarchist?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barak

AMEN that Barak.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can't understand why pet definitions of words supersede the real ones.

The mind boggles...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
I guess it depends on if a guy supports an anarchist?
And who might that be?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
People who's actions help O in his election efforts.

Last edited by eyeball; 11/04/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
People who's actions help O
How is helping a statist totalitarian get elected a pro-anarchy act?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Think

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 975 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,921
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.